Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110339 times)

faberryman

Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2800 on: October 23, 2020, 12:04:19 pm »

How can the "deep state" have such super powers even though we're told time and time again how inefficient and incompetent government is? I mean, how can that be.

You just need to brush up on your Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #2801 on: October 23, 2020, 12:05:30 pm »

The amount of magical thinking on this thread in recent days is reaching epic proportions.  The humor is better than the old Seinfeld episodes and they were darn good.  Keep up the posts, it's great entertainment.

I said I was not going to gloat if Trump won.  I might have to change my mind, just for the entertainment value. 
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #2802 on: October 23, 2020, 12:05:44 pm »

And she lost. We all know this by now. Why are you still obsessing about Hilary?

It is a little like juggling, you can only keep so many obsessions in the air at one time.

faberryman

« Reply #2803 on: October 23, 2020, 12:07:44 pm »

The Clinton News Network, does not surprise me. 

Did you see the clip of Stelter being called out for his BS from a 30+ year fellow reporter?  CNN has not credibility left, especially since they claim to non-biased. 

I give MSNBC respect for admitting they are left leaning, but CNN is nothing but a trash heap anymore.

I was kidding. I don't watch CNN. I just made it up. But it is probably true.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:51:14 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #2804 on: October 23, 2020, 12:09:39 pm »

FYI, not that my mother is some mystical soothsayer, but she hates Trump and has been a life long Dem and is leaning towards voting for him.

Does she have a bunch of fracking stocks in her retirement portfolio or something?

faberryman

« Reply #2805 on: October 23, 2020, 12:11:45 pm »

I said I was not going to gloat if Trump won.  I might have to change my mind, just for the entertainment value.

I am pretty sure the winner's supporters will gloat, and everyone else will update their wills before heading over to Walmart to buy a gun.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #2806 on: October 23, 2020, 12:15:31 pm »

I am pretty sure the winner's supporters will gloat, and everyone else will update their wills before heading over to Walmart to buy a gun.

Really? Regardless of what happens we will all just continue to get on with our lives and take whatever comes. Well at least thats what should happen.
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #2807 on: October 23, 2020, 12:32:25 pm »

Really? Regardless of what happens we will all just continue to get on with our lives and take whatever comes. Well at least thats what should happen.

Let's hope for the best. Nothing like that will happen for a while. We might have to go through that whole voter fraud Proud Boys scenario first.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:39:19 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #2808 on: October 23, 2020, 12:42:47 pm »

Who could even think up something this repulsive, other than guys like Stalin in Ukraine maybe? I certainly hope this is not real.

I think I remember that Trump tried to cut off some types of federal funding to sanctuary cities, but was prevented from doing so by the courts. I would have to do some research to verify that. He did talk about it on many occasions.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2809 on: October 23, 2020, 01:17:06 pm »

And another ...

Sudan to join UAE, Bahrain in recognizing Israel

Biden just cant get in there any quicker and bring back a Middle East normalcy of wars, terrorist attacks, Iran becoming a nuclear power, putting us dependent on the S.A. by banning fracking here, you know, just sending the whole region back to hell. 

I know some will try to down play this, but keep in mind it was in Sudan that the Arab world met in 1967 to agree to never have peace with Israel.
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #2810 on: October 23, 2020, 01:23:13 pm »

I know some will try to down play this, but keep in mind it was in Sudan that the Arab world met in 1967 to agree to never have peace with Israel.

If there is one thing we have learned, things can shift quickly in the Middle East. That meeting occurred only fifty three years ago. Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with picking off the low hanging fruit to gain momentum. I just wish I better understood what the US, Israel, and these other countries are getting out of the deal.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:34:04 pm by faberryman »

John Camp

« Reply #2811 on: October 23, 2020, 01:23:55 pm »

Polling is a lagging indicator; it shows where the country was a week or two prior to the poll being released.  If the race tighten to 2 or 3 points beginning of this week, I think Trump has it.  The Republicans have an advantage with how the electoral map currently is.

No they're not, Joe. Look at the lists of polls on 538 (including the Republican polls like Rasmussen.) Most of them today went through Oct. 22. Today is the 23rd.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2812 on: October 23, 2020, 01:30:15 pm »

The amount of magical thinking on this thread in recent days is reaching epic proportions.  The humor is better than the old Seinfeld episodes and they were darn good.  Keep up the posts, it's great entertainment.

I started with that view, but the attraction has palled. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Jeremy

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2813 on: October 23, 2020, 01:30:33 pm »

"The way he kisses dictators' butts. I mean, the way he ignores that the Uyghurs are in literal concentration camps in Xinjiang right now. He hasn't lifted a finger on behalf of the Hong Kongers ... The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership. The way he treats women and spends like a drunken sailor ... He mocks evangelicals behind closed doors. His family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He's flirted with White supremacists."

And regarding the pandemic: "The reality is that he careened from curb to curb. First, he ignored Covid. And then he went into full economic shutdown mode. He was the one who said 10 to 14 days of shutdown would fix this, and that was always wrong, so I don't think the way he's led through Covid has been reasonable or responsible or right."

Direct quotes from Ben Sasse, Republican senator from Nebraska

It's Republicans and Neocons like Sasse and Democrats like Biden who got America into disastrous foreign adventures like Vietnam and Iraq.   

America can't save the world.  Interesting, many non-Americans here had it right. That the US pushes its weight around telling everyone what they have to do leading to war.  So along comes Trump, who agrees with you.  He's going to mind our business and let others mind theirs.  Unless it comes to our own security directly, he's not sending in the American calvary to save the day for others. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2814 on: October 23, 2020, 01:31:47 pm »

Yes.  That's my Make America Great Again covid mask avatar.  Need to stay healthy.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2815 on: October 23, 2020, 01:33:04 pm »

If there is one thing we have learned, things can shift quickly in the Middle East. That meeting occurred only fifty three years ago.

Do you realize you contradicted yourself in the same line? 

Things can shift quick in the Middle East, so quick in fact it took just a mere 53 years for Sudan to normalize relations with Israel.   ;D ;D ;D

I don't normally judge things on geological timeframes, but if I did, sure, 53 years is quick. 

PS, getting back to your additional remarks you added after I replied, Sudan is being removed from the USA list of terrorist states, which I believe they were put on for harboring Osama Bin Laden?  This will open many avenues for them in terms of securing financing.  So it is not a pure altruistic agreement on their behalf, but none the less, it is pretty significant. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:39:27 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #2816 on: October 23, 2020, 01:36:33 pm »

Yes.  That's my Make America Great Again covid mask avatar.  Need to stay healthy.

I'm guessing that you bought a carton of MAGA masks from the Trump Campaign store to give to your friends and neighbors.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2817 on: October 23, 2020, 01:36:42 pm »

The increasing covid numbers don't bode well for Trump. Unless the virus disappears magically before Nov 3.
It's the unemployed who have not gotten any more government assitance (as smartly planned by Nancy Pelosi) who are Trump's problem.  It's hard to stay loyal when you can't pay your rent. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2818 on: October 23, 2020, 01:38:42 pm »

Does she have a bunch of fracking stocks in her retirement portfolio or something?
Exxon.

faberryman

« Reply #2819 on: October 23, 2020, 01:39:28 pm »

Do you realize you contradicted yourself in the same line?

Perhaps we could have a discussion about irony one day.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 194   Go Up