Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110501 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2780 on: October 23, 2020, 09:25:40 am »

Hillary calling voters deplorables is not a winning strategy.

And she lost. We all know this by now. Why are you still obsessing about Hilary?
--
Robert

faberryman

« Reply #2781 on: October 23, 2020, 09:45:10 am »

You may be right.  On the other hand, the 50 million who have voted already don't contain the undecideds.  These would wait until the end at least for the last debate to make up their minds.  Also there will be those who may change their minds because of the debate.

So are you saying that the sliver of undecideds is even smaller than I described? That's possible too. I just wanted to build in a little leeway.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2782 on: October 23, 2020, 10:57:24 am »

I had trouble believing this when I read it. Trump had plans to defund Covid health spending in Democratic "anarchist" cities?  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/20/white-house-cuts-city-funds-coronavirus-430498

Who could even think up something this repulsive, other than guys like Stalin in Ukraine maybe? I certainly hope this is not real.
--
Robert

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2783 on: October 23, 2020, 11:05:44 am »

I had trouble believing this when I read it. Trump had plans to defund Covid health spending in Democratic "anarchist" cities?  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/20/white-house-cuts-city-funds-coronavirus-430498

Who could even think up something this repulsive, other than guys like Stalin in Ukraine maybe? I certainly hope this is not real.

I know right.  It's almost as bad as telling business owners they are going to have to shut down again while raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2784 on: October 23, 2020, 11:11:09 am »

And she lost. We all know this by now. Why are you still obsessing about Hilary?
Obviously, you're not keeping up.  I was responding to another poster who brought her up regarding Biden's mistake of mentioning he wants to do away with oil. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2785 on: October 23, 2020, 11:11:48 am »

Yea I think it might and it could turn on one single statement by Biden.  He went on and on about how he was not going to end fracking. His plans have us carbon neutral by what, 2035?  So when pushed about not ending fracking he said he was going to "transistion" away from oil.  Thats code for ending the oil industry.  Trump pounced on that and you can bet that in all of the oil states Joe needs to win Trump will beat him about the head with that statement.

The race is getting razor thin in a whole bunch of key states. A point or too could be a big deal.

I think that quote is going to cost him PA. 

The debate last night was pivotal for Trump.   He made no mistakes, he did not step on any rakes and hit himself in the head, and Biden totally blew it on a lot of things. 

Another was his dark winter and we may need to lock down again.  That may play well in NY and CA, but in PA, and other swing states, it just does not.  Trump promoted hope and getting back to normal while Biden promoted cowering inside and running away.  Not a good look; people are tired of it. 

Biden's comments on his son's businesses actions is going to dog him as well, and people are going to start reading about it.  Biden also basically called a veteran a lier when talking about Bobiluski's confirmation of Joe Biden being involved in his son's deals. 

Right now, I would say Trump is back on tract to win.  Two polls this week showed Trump within 2 and 3 points nationally.  Trafalgar, which called the election last time and takes into account apprehensions from Trump supporters to tell pollster they plan to vote for Trump, predicts Trump will win MI and, now, probably PA.  FL, NC, AZ, and TX will not even be close like the polls are saying.  Here's hoping! 

If you asked last week, I would have said best case we keep the Senate.  Last night changed my view on that. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2786 on: October 23, 2020, 11:15:26 am »

I know right.  It's almost as bad as telling business owners they are going to have to shut down again while raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour. 
But think of all the money the business owners will save on minimum wages when they shut down.  :o

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2787 on: October 23, 2020, 11:18:12 am »

"The way he kisses dictators' butts. I mean, the way he ignores that the Uyghurs are in literal concentration camps in Xinjiang right now. He hasn't lifted a finger on behalf of the Hong Kongers ... The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership. The way he treats women and spends like a drunken sailor ... He mocks evangelicals behind closed doors. His family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He's flirted with White supremacists."

And regarding the pandemic: "The reality is that he careened from curb to curb. First, he ignored Covid. And then he went into full economic shutdown mode. He was the one who said 10 to 14 days of shutdown would fix this, and that was always wrong, so I don't think the way he's led through Covid has been reasonable or responsible or right."

Direct quotes from Ben Sasse, Republican senator from Nebraska

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2788 on: October 23, 2020, 11:21:14 am »

I think that quote is going to cost him PA. 

The debate last night was pivotal for Trump.   He made no mistakes, he did not step on any rakes and hit himself in the head, and Biden totally blew it on a lot of things. 

Another was his dark winter and we may need to lock down again.  That may play well in NY and CA, but in PA, and other swing states, it just does not.  Trump promoted hope and getting back to normal while Biden promoted cowering inside and running away.  Not a good look; people are tired of it. 

Biden's comments on his son's businesses actions is going to dog him as well, and people are going to start reading about it.  Biden also basically called a veteran a lier when talking about Bobiluski's confirmation of Joe Biden being involved in his son's deals. 

Right now, I would say Trump is back on tract to win.  Two polls this week showed Trump within 2 and 3 points nationally.  Trafalgar, which called the election last time and takes into account apprehensions from Trump supporters to tell pollster they plan to vote for Trump, predicts Trump will win MI and, now, probably PA.  FL, NC, AZ, and TX will not even be close like the polls are saying.  Here's hoping! 

If you asked last week, I would have said best case we keep the Senate.  Last night changed my view on that. 
I don't know if if he turned it around in time or enough.  But I agree he stopped the hemorrhaging. I think people saw him as rationale and tough as well as in control.  They may forget about his contretemps long enough to pull the levers for him.  We'll see shortly.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2789 on: October 23, 2020, 11:22:22 am »

But think of all the money the business owners will save on minimum wages when they shut down.  :o

There's always a way to spin it I guess, and I would not be surprised if some Dem actually used that.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2790 on: October 23, 2020, 11:23:43 am »

Losing the election is bad for his imago/business; the Trademark TRUMP is then the trademark of a loser.
If he leaves after 8 years it is because he has to. Big difference.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2791 on: October 23, 2020, 11:23:56 am »

I don't know if if he turned it around in time or enough.  But I agree he stopped the hemorrhaging. I think people saw him as rationale and tough as well as in control.  They may forget about his contretemps long enough to pull the levers for him.  We'll see shortly.

Polling is a lagging indicator; it shows where the country was a week or two prior to the poll being released.  If the race tighten to 2 or 3 points beginning of this week, I think Trump has it.  The Republicans have an advantage with how the electoral map currently is. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2792 on: October 23, 2020, 11:24:43 am »

Losing the election is bad for his imago/business; He then is a loser. If he leaves after 8 years it is because he has to. Big difference.

Now that is a Red Herring to a conversation if I ever saw one. 

faberryman

« Reply #2793 on: October 23, 2020, 11:43:24 am »

Gosh, I dunno. That's not what they said on CNN.

faberryman

« Reply #2794 on: October 23, 2020, 11:45:55 am »

I don't know if if he turned it around in time or enough.  But I agree he stopped the hemorrhaging. I think people saw him as rationale...

Bwahahahaha! Hey honey, I need one of those computer screen wipes that are in the utility drawer.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2795 on: October 23, 2020, 11:52:00 am »

The amount of magical thinking on this thread in recent days is reaching epic proportions.  The humor is better than the old Seinfeld episodes and they were darn good.  Keep up the posts, it's great entertainment.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2796 on: October 23, 2020, 11:52:44 am »

Gosh, I dunno. That's not what they said on CNN.

The Clinton News Network, does not surprise me. 

Did you see the clip of Stelter being called out for his BS from a 30+ year fellow reporter?  CNN has not credibility left, especially since they claim to non-biased. 

I give MSNBC respect for admitting they are left leaning, but CNN is nothing but a trash heap anymore. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2797 on: October 23, 2020, 11:53:59 am »

The amount of magical thinking on this thread in recent days is reaching epic proportions.  The humor is better than the old Seinfeld episodes and they were darn good.  Keep up the posts, it's great entertainment.

And people were thinking the same thing in 2016.   

FYI, not that my mother is some mystical soothsayer, but she hates Trump and has been a life long Dem and is leaning towards voting for him.  In PA, I see 2016 playing itself out all over again.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2798 on: October 23, 2020, 12:00:25 pm »

The increasing covid numbers don't bode well for Trump. Unless the virus disappears magically before Nov 3.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #2799 on: October 23, 2020, 12:03:51 pm »

Losing the election is bad for his imago/business; the Trademark TRUMP is then the trademark of a loser.
If he leaves after 8 years it is because he has to. Big difference.

Trump has had his fair share of loses and he still stands.  Winning in 2016 did far more damage to his brand.
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 194   Go Up