Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm


Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 267455 times)

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2400 on: October 16, 2020, 04:26:38 pm »

There actually is no forum rule that requires use of a real name or prohibiting pseudonyms. The complaints regarding my name are used to distract, deflect, or diminish by those that don't like what I write. There's always the option to just ignore any information that doesn't fit inside whatever bubble you choose.

It has been pointed out more then just a few people in the past that forum rules do  in fact ask for you to use your real name.  I know of two different users (not in the coffee corner) who changed their forum name due to this rule. 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2401 on: October 16, 2020, 04:27:33 pm »

Jenifer Ruben! ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO!

That one made me laugh too. 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

TechTalk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3628
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2402 on: October 16, 2020, 04:34:39 pm »

It has been pointed out more then just a few people in the past that forum rules do  in fact ask for you to use your real name.  I know of two different users (not in the coffee corner) who changed their forum name due to this rule.

Since you couldn't look for yourself, I did it for you.

"You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you use your real First & Last name as your on-screen or user name. Forum users who hide behind anonymous or false on-screen names and who make inflammatory posts or ad hominem attacks will be banned. Members using pseudonyms will receive stricter treatment than those using their own name."

Someone can advise you to learn the difference between the words "then" and "than", but it isn't a rule in order to post here.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:46:44 pm by TechTalk »
Logged
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2403 on: October 16, 2020, 04:40:34 pm »

Wait, wait. I'm no longer on top of this. "Hunter Biden" left a laptop with a repair service, accepted by a guy who is nearly blind* but was "almost sure" it was Hunter Biden, and "Hunter Biden" apparently forgot about it (even though it was loaded with incriminating evidence that could send him to prison) and never picks it up, so the nearly blind guy happens to know Giuliani, and gives him the computer, and Giuliani, who is cooperating with a Russian spy who wants to re-elect Trump, confers with Steve Bannon, and it turns out the computer not only contains incriminating documents from the Ukraine but also child porn from China? Have I got that straight? If I do, it all sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

*literally -- that's why he isn't absolutely certain it was Hunter Biden, and so can't be accused of perjury.
Sounds almost as bad as Russian spies who gave British spy Steele "evidence" that went into Hillary dossier that made Trump look like he had weird sex in Russia and that dossier was used to get a FISA warrant and all that other Mueller stuff.  Must be the same spy.  Interesting how these things happen and who believes what.

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2404 on: October 16, 2020, 04:41:01 pm »

Good grief guys,

It appears Hunter Biden signed the repair receipt.  Or so the repairman said.  Rudy never had the laptop and he says he has never met with the repair guy.

The repair guy called the FBI and they came and took a forensic copy of the hard drive.  He aslo called some congress critters. He got no responce from them or thje FBI after they took the material.   The laptop had become surrendered property and belonged to the repair guy. He had every right to do whatever he wanted to it nad the data it contained.  Nothing was hacked (got that Twitter and Facebook)  The repair guy stated he attempted to contact Hunter Biden several times.

Later a  Grand Jury from Deleware I believe, came and took posession of the laptop.  The order was signed by an FBI special agent who had been doing child porn cases.

Then the repair guy who was pissed at the way the impeachement was being handled and the fact that no one was telling him what was happeing with the hard drive data, contacted Rudys attorney and sent a copy of the drive to him.  He then gave it to Rudy.

So some are questions why Hunter would send in a laptop with damaging data and not collect it when it was finished.  After all it was only a $85 dollar repair.  Well Hunter was a raging crack addict.  He got thown out of the Navy for drug use, and he famiously left a crack pipe in a returned rental car. He was a druggie and it does not surprise me one bit he forgot what was on that machine or that he even took it in for repair.

So, folks are saying, maybe the data was stolen and planted on this laptop.  Ok lets go with this.  If that the case, it does not make the data fake.  In fact no one from Bidens camp has claimed the emails and other materials are faked.  The best they have done, and this one is a complete doozey, is to say that since Facebook and Twitter spiked the story from the Post that proves the story is a false.  This one takes the cake.

Now no one is talking.  The FBI won't comment. Some congress critters are demanding the FBI tell them if they had this imformation during the Impeachment and kept it quiet.  The left media is spinning madly going after the repair guy and Rudy but no one seems to be doing any actually investigative journalism to check out Biden.

So is the story true?  I don't know, but the left wants to bury it, that much is certian.

So it's even more byzantine than I thought. Crikey.
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2405 on: October 16, 2020, 04:45:01 pm »

"You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you use your real First & Last name as your on-screen or user name. Forum users who hide behind anonymous or false on-screen names and who make inflammatory posts or ad hominem attacks will be banned. Members using pseudonyms will receive stricter treatment than those using their own name."
Someone can advise you to learn the difference between the words "then" and "than", but it isn't a rule.

So how do they know if you are using your real name, and not a pseudonym, like Clark Kent? I mean I thought that Joe used the name JoeKitchen because he likes to cook.
Logged

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2406 on: October 16, 2020, 04:48:04 pm »

Since you couldn't look for yourself, I did it for you.

"You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you use your real First & Last name as your on-screen or user name. Forum users who hide behind anonymous or false on-screen names and who make inflammatory posts or ad hominem attacks will be banned. Members using pseudonyms will receive stricter treatment than those using their own name."

Someone can advise you to learn the difference between the words "then" and "than", but it isn't a rule in order to post here.

Well well well ...
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2407 on: October 16, 2020, 04:51:09 pm »

I don't know. It was kind of fun watching you not just jump, but leap to the conclusion that I "must be a Kurd" when I mentioned the U.S. abandonment of our Kurdish allies in Syria and that didn't require getting any further than the second page of this thread. That bizarre rationalizing, that any real American may not share your view, was useful in discerning where you are coming from—not in terms of your nationality, but your thought process.

Now... just so that I may enhance your ability to discern my point of view, since the language itself seems to be insufficient, I was born and raised in the U.S. and have lived in various parts of the country from rural to urban for the entirety of my life. Don't tell anyone else, it's more fun to keep the other folks like yourself, that are unable to figure it out on their own, guessing. Since you find it "hard to discern" what I write without knowing my nationality, is there other information that you need in order to improve your understanding? Race, religion, gender, anything else you might need to know?

Like I said when you brought it up at the beginning of this thread, I've traveled to other countries and found that opinions vary tremendously on any topic you can name, as do people and their personalities, regardless of where you were born or currently reside. The broad stereotypical assumptions that you've expressed, at various times, regarding the nature and behavior of people in other parts of the world have shed no light on them, so much as it has regarding you.

Facts don't generally have a nationality attached to them any more than opinions do. The propaganda and disinformation that is distributed for consumption, however, often does.

Why not just add American to your profile?  I wouldn't want to think you're a Kurd again.  It would make it so much easier for everyone.  It's not only about politics.  If you're talking about film availability lets say, a European reading your post would know immediately that you're most likely referring to film in the USA not on the continent.  So it helps on just regular discussions about photography as well.  Also, I think we'd have better discussion about everything.  It's hard to be mean against someone you know better even in the Coffee Corner.

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2408 on: October 16, 2020, 04:54:41 pm »

I think the only thing you left out is that Giuliani gave the laptop to the New York Post so they could break the story. You would have thought Bannon would have given it to Breitbart. Or maybe the crew at Fox & Friends. Steve Doucy, for example. I guess I'll have to watch Tucker Carlson tonight for the real scoop. This is way above Sean Hannity's pay grade.

The thing is that even if all of this is true no one will believe it.  Well, except for a couple of people. Jiminy Cricket, it's so complicated no one is going to be able to figure who's doing what to whom when, where, and how before the election.
The president could pardon him.

TechTalk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3628
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2409 on: October 16, 2020, 04:56:38 pm »

So how do they know if you are using your real name, and not a pseudonym, like Clark Kent? I mean I thought that Joe used the name JoeKitchen because he likes to cook.

It's really not important. It seems that some find nationality neccessary to judge what someone says and others find courage and credibility in a name.

Christopher Steele didn't hide his nationality or name from his raw intelligence reports, so perhaps that will make the reports more courageous and credible and easier to discern.
Logged
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2410 on: October 16, 2020, 04:57:17 pm »

I will briefly jump in to interrupt your usual bickering to laud the voting process I experienced.

I voted today.

By fax.

And no, my vote won't count in the 1992 election, if that is what you thought at the mention of the word "fax." It was an online service. It cost me a whopping $0.98, because the ballot is five pages long, and free service stops at three pages. On the same day, i received a confirmation from the Broward County Supervisor of Elections (Florida) that my vote has been received. I can even go online now and see when it is actually counted. Did I mention that I requested the ballot online and got access to it online too? I am truly in awe of how efficient the whole process is.
I wasn't going to tell you Slobodan, but your ballot printed out on my fax machine.  In New Jersey.

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2411 on: October 16, 2020, 04:58:30 pm »

So how do they know if you are using your real name, and not a pseudonym, like Clark Kent? I mean I thought that Joe used the name JoeKitchen because he likes to cook.

Dude, every body thinks this, and I do, but seriously, it gets old.

Then there are the potential clients who think I just shoot kitchens even though I have plenty of non-kitchen images in my portfolio that I have sent them. 

And the people who just have a real issue with my last name being Kitchen, so they spell it Kitchens instead.  Somehow pluralizing it makes it easier to handle, but then I never get their email. 

And the people who insist my name must be German, even though it is a common English word, and then argue with me over whether or not it is English.  Lately I have just been telling people it is Anglo-Saxon, which gets a node and "makes sense" even though it is obvious that went right over their head. 

Although the best, and this is a problem on my part, is when I send out email with the "K" in kitchen capitalized and I am called out on it.  I need to actually think and force myself to not spell Kitchen with a capital K. 

Still better then Faggonbutts, my gold standard for worst last names.   ;)  Just for you TT!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 05:05:26 pm by JoeKitchen »
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

TechTalk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3628
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2412 on: October 16, 2020, 04:59:34 pm »

Why not just add American to your profile?

Done. Just for you. Now you'll finally be able to understand me!
Logged
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2413 on: October 16, 2020, 04:59:51 pm »

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 07:00:51 pm by Craig Lamson »
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2414 on: October 16, 2020, 05:02:46 pm »

Done. Just for you. Now you'll finally be able to understand me!

Are you a salted pork kind of guy or more into beef jerky? 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

TechTalk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3628
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2415 on: October 16, 2020, 05:04:20 pm »

Salted pork. But to be more revealing, we called it salt pork in my family. Hog jowl is great too.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 05:11:38 pm by TechTalk »
Logged
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2416 on: October 16, 2020, 05:07:04 pm »

Dude, every body thinks this, and I do, but seriously, it gets old.

Then there are the potential clients who think I just shoot kitchens even though I have plenty of non-kitchen images in my portfolio that I have sent them. 

And the people who just have a real issue with my last name being Kitchen, so they spell it Kitchens instead.  Somehow pluralizing it makes it easier to handle, but then I never get their email. 

And the people who insist my name must be German, even though it is a common English word, and then argue with me over whether or not it is English.  Lately I have just been telling people it is Anglo-Saxon, which gets a node and "makes sense" even though it is obvious that went right over their head. 

Although the best, and this is a problem on my part, is when I send out email with the "K" in kitchen capitalized and I am called out on it.  I need to actually think and force myself to not spell Kitchen with a capital K. 

Still better then Faggonbutts, my gold standard for worst last names.   ;)  Just for you TT!
Why not use K capitalized in your email?  It makes no difference and people better see who they are communicating with.  JoeKitchen@.... is perfectly acceptable.

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2417 on: October 16, 2020, 05:07:09 pm »

It's really not important. It seems that some find nationality neccessary to judge what someone says and others find courage and credibility in a name.

Christopher Steele didn't hide his nationality or name from his raw intelligence reports, so perhaps that will make the reports more courageous and credible and easier to discern.

When you think about it, you could change your nationality in your profile every once in a while. I'm feeling French this week. Look, I'm wearing a beret. Incroyable!
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2418 on: October 16, 2020, 05:08:08 pm »

Done. Just for you. Now you'll finally be able to understand me!
Great.  Welcome to America. :)

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2419 on: October 16, 2020, 05:10:19 pm »

When you think about it, you could change your nationality in your profile every once in a while. I'm feeling French this week. Look, I'm wearing a beret. Incroyable!
Sorry, Frank Berryman doesn't sound French. :)
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 194   Go Up