Just been out to our local supermarket on Skye and pretty much everything is closed already and all the schools are going into lock down from today. Also hardly any traffic on the roads and zero tourists, but the supermarket shelves seemed pretty well stocked for the moment, except for the usually panic buy products such as bog rolls and pasta - why are people panicking about toilet rolls and pasta?. I went out yesterday with the camera for the last time probably and at least until I am told it is safe to do so once again, which is really annoying as the weather has finally turned and the mountains look beautiful and snow capped at the moment aaaaargh!. Because I thought as we are quite remote and fairly unpopulated at this time of year anyway and the few visitors that would normally come here at this time of year are now staying away, so I could still self isolate even when I was out and about, as there just isn't anyone here to isolate from at the moment, even at any of the well known scenic locations on Skye, which is a sort of weirdly amazing thing to see, with all this complete emptiness of people, yet it feels totally scary at the same time.
Stay well people, we can all get through this, we just need to hunker down until it passes, or someone comes up with a quick test to identify who's got it, or we find a cure.
Dave