Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: New Sinar Hy6 - 65 Camera System (31 MPx)  (Read 229051 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
New Sinar Hy6 - 65 Camera System (31 MPx)
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2008, 02:07:27 pm »

James,

send me a list with the Sinar products in our catalog and which are of interest for you: I shall answer you until Monday morning (it is actually Monday, Sep 01st, 01.00 am here in BKK). Though, delivery will not be within a day.

Best regards,
Thierry

I can e-mail that list out to two suppliers and except for medium format cameras, by early Monday morning I can have an exact price of what everything costs and exact delivery usually within a day.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218507\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2008, 02:25:01 pm »

Has anyone here compared the standard (80) lens of the Sinar to the Phase and Hassy versions ?

Edmund

James,

send me a list with the Sinar products in our catalog and which are of interest for you: I shall answer you until Monday morning (it is actually Monday, Sep 01st, 01.00 am here in BKK). Though, delivery will not be within a day.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218530\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2008, 03:55:38 pm »

Thiery, look on the positive side. If the only thing this tough crowd can find to complain about is wating 3 weeks for a price, then Sinar has done a great job

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2008, 04:32:17 pm »

It's pretty clear that Hasselblad has stepped out of the MF cartel now. The H3DII can be priced, delivered, and is *affordable*.

In fact, I wonder if James has noticed that from the business point of view Hassy meets all his criteria ?

-Available for delivery as soon as announced
- Wide dealer network
- Sold in every market
- Can be rented pretty much everywhere

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218497\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've noticed and though I haven't tried  the new blad from what I've read and been told a few things give me pause.

1.  It took them a long time to get to 800 iso on the 31mpx chip.  800 iso on the Phase version isn't over the moon great, so I wonder about the blad.

2.  Software.  It seems to require new video cards to function quickly.  Does that work with I-macs and macbook pros, does it mean new computers . . . I don't know?

3.  File format.  I think when you shoot to cf cards it's a different format than when you tether and then to process in any third party software you have to convert to a dng.  If that is so, then that is just another step nobody needs to mess with.

4.  Mirror slap.  Even though there is a software function to delay the mirror, it's still got a lot of slap.

The upside is the price is pretty good, the cameras are on the shelf and they have a 110mm F2.2.

Once again this is all second hand info as I haven't tried it.

JR
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:32:47 pm by James R Russell »

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2008, 04:41:31 pm »

The upside is the price is pretty good, the cameras are on the shelf and they have a 110mm F2.2.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218553\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sounds like you agree that they have some abilities which no one else has

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2008, 04:58:11 pm »

Just a thought about the rz67 thing I think the back would work mounted to a leaf plate with a sync cable ( hassy v hassy h mam afd)   Or work without sync cable in afd mount via the mamiya adapter on the rz67 "d" model.

Maybe this is why no rz67 plate from sinar?  I could be wrong... Its a shame there won't be a contax or rollei 600x adapter as I like both of those cameras and might actually consider this back as a purchase for next year.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:59:20 pm by klane »

tho_mas

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2008, 05:53:24 pm »

Its a shame there won't be a contax or rollei 600x adapter[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218560\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Last week Phase One introduced lens correction for the Contax lenses in Capture One 4.1.2.
Well, just a very, very small detail. But it's always nice if someone says "hello". "Goodbye" is mostly sad...

thsinar

« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2008, 08:09:28 pm »

You are right, Graham, I almost forgot!

Thanks,
Thierry

Thiery, look on the positive side. If the only thing this tough crowd can find to complain about is wating 3 weeks for a price, then Sinar has done a great job
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218548\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2008, 08:20:01 pm »

Well said, Graham
Eduardo

You are right, Graham, I almost forgot!

Thanks,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218579\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Natasa Stojsic

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2008, 09:04:31 pm »

Once again this is all second hand info as I haven't tried it.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218553\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

James, did you think 100mm f2.2 or.... is Hasselblad talking about the new 110 f2.2?
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2008, 02:58:03 am »

Thierry,

Considering this new back uses microlenses, how does it perform with tilt/shift? Is it the same chip as the Phase P30+, Aptus 65 and Hasselblad 31mpx back, or a newer generation? My dealer hinted the microlens problem may not be such an issue with this back (if I remember our conversation correctly).

Also, would shooting a 'user shading', or white reference file (or whatever it's called) with an opaque filter at the time of the capture not solve all the colour shifting, vignetting and aberration problems caused by microlenses?

Ben
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:04:48 am by bdp »

BJNY

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2008, 06:45:09 am »

Considering this new back uses microlenses, how does it perform with tilt/shift? Is it the same chip as the Phase P30+, Aptus 65 and Hasselblad 31mpx back, or a newer generation?

Aptus 65 uses 28MP Dalsa sensor (no microlenses)
Guillermo

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2008, 06:50:19 am »

Ah, yes, I forgot.

Ben

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2008, 07:12:01 am »

On the ISO thing

Which is the one thing that could make me upgrade

Everyone knows that an 800 shot a 500th f11 on a sunny day looks pretty good with many devices

They way to convince me would be some hand held natural light portraiture indoors window lit only

The test..

Shoot it on a D3 (125th 50mm @ 2.0)  and on the new Sinar (125 80mm @ 2.8 ) and post the files side by side

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

thsinar

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2008, 08:36:51 am »

Dear Ben

I kindly refer to my post N° 75 in this same thread: it answers exactly the same question by another member, concerning the tilt/swing and shift possibilities.

Using a "shading" to correct is certainly a solution which works: the question is how much can it take away (see also answer to above). Am not sure since I have not yet tried this.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

Considering this new back uses microlenses, how does it perform with tilt/shift? Is it the same chip as the Phase P30+, Aptus 65 and Hasselblad 31mpx back, or a newer generation? My dealer hinted the microlens problem may not be such an issue with this back (if I remember our conversation correctly).

Also, would shooting a 'user shading', or white reference file (or whatever it's called) with an opaque filter at the time of the capture not solve all the colour shifting, vignetting and aberration problems caused by microlenses?

Ben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218637\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

BJNY

« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2008, 08:53:42 am »

- Active cooling: ventilator.

- Live Video

Thierry, will the live video performance improve due to the inclusion of a ventilator / fan ?
Guillermo

BJNY

« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2008, 09:21:45 am »

- The adapters are the same as the ones used for the eMotion backs (eMotion 22, eMotion 54 LV and eMotion 75 / 75 LV).

Thierry,
Looking forward, I'd like to see an eSprit 75H multi-shot
where Sinar standardizes on this new casing, 3" LCD and eMotion-series adapter plates,

and adopts the capture speed and high-ISO performance of the eMotion75LV-II.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:42:06 am by BJNY »
Guillermo

thsinar

« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2008, 11:01:24 am »

Thierry, Love the screen choice and all of the upcoming improvements!!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218449\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I am glad you appreciate it.

Sinar is known for having the widest choice/range of Cameras.... I hope it stays that way!!!
There is no reason it will not.

However, there must be someone/few decision makers at the top... one that lacks the creative talent but lives with common sense and the other that lacks the common sense but lives with creative talent!!! Now, that would be a perfect score 10 if they would share each other's forte.... sadly in this case it seems like they are  far from it although they do manage with your/others input!!!
Why, if I may ask? Far from what?

I seriously think you/all/manufacturers should pay attention to what James/others are saying...
I think we do pay attention, but there are many other considerations in the balance.

Thierry, I hope all of us are not blind to see your contribution/signature on the new DBs.... along that road via James/others plenty could be done so that Sinar/we finally have not a Horse for the  race, rather Horse to Lead!!!
The proof is already there, that what was claimed so loud by some, that Sinar was not listening to the voices of the market, was "slightly" exaggerated. And I am not the one to take credit on this, but a whole team.

It's all about convenience.... So, unless Manufaturers/somebody/etc. is listening very closely
the fact remains and the gap will only be more apparent/stronger.... that ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME/PHASE!!!
Let's see what the future brings: a wheel always turns, what is one day can be challenged the next one. We all want to survive.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:01:50 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2008, 11:11:04 am »

hi Sam,

Long time not seen! Hope you're doing well.

On the ISO 800: you might want to have a look there:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1683

Shot with eMotion 75 LV
- Camera: Sinar Hy6
- Lens: Zeiss Planar 110mm/f2
- ISO 800
- Aperture: f5.6
- Exposure: 1/40

It's not an interior shot, portrait in front of a window, but it has at least a "bit" less light than your 1/500th at f11. It corresponds to your wished 125th at f2.8.

I can still find the original DNG.

Best regards,
Thierry

On the ISO thing

Which is the one thing that could make me upgrade

Everyone knows that an 800 shot a 500th f11 on a sunny day looks pretty good with many devices

They way to convince me would be some hand held natural light portraiture indoors window lit only

The test..

Shoot it on a D3 (125th 50mm @ 2.0)  and on the new Sinar (125 80mm @ 2.8 ) and post the files side by side

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218658\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2008, 11:30:56 am »

Billy, that is one point I wish to see with my eyes, before commenting. I can't say for the moment what/if the fan could possibly influence positively the live video.

More at Photokina.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry, will the live video performance improve due to the inclusion of a ventilator / fan ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=218675\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up