Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Where To For Phase One?  (Read 89612 times)

Graham Mitchell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2007, 10:03:20 am »

Looks like JP was playing a prank. Was anyone at the fair and can confirm either way?

jpjespersen

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2007, 10:18:14 am »

Like I said previously, I can only confirm that it is being tested, as far as when it is going to be released or how it is going to be connected I cannot say.
Looks like JP was playing a prank. Was anyone at the fair and can confirm either way?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147171\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Graham Mitchell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2007, 10:24:07 am »

Well someone wrote that there would be an announcement at Photo Plus. If that wasn't you, I apologize.

Natasa Stojsic

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2007, 10:35:00 am »

Well someone wrote that there would be an announcement at Photo Plus. If that wasn't you, I apologize.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147178\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would love to have the answer confirmed today too, obviously it is not up to JP.

Perhaps they need more time to confirm the announcement..........
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

hubell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2007, 11:07:13 am »

Like I said previously, I can only confirm that it is being tested, as far as when it is going to be released or how it is going to be connected I cannot say.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147173\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I saw the Rollei Hy6 at Photo Plus  Expo in New York. It appears that  the attachment  of a Phase back will be a do-it-yourself project, using either Super Glue or duct tape.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:14:49 am by hcubell »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2007, 11:18:00 am »

was there not even an adapter between?!

Thierry

I saw the Rollei Hy6 at Photo Plus  Expo in New York. It appears that  the attachment  of a Phase back will be a do-it-yourself project, using either Super Glue or duct tape.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147193\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:18:41 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2007, 07:07:20 pm »

Hi
This is for the people @ Phase. Work with Mamiya & build the ZDII camera at a good price. The camera is built as are lots of lenses. You will increase market share in the MFD market & aim this camera at the wedding portrait guys who have left MF in droves.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

TorbenEskerod

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2007, 03:44:44 am »

I saw the Rollei Hy6 at Photo Plus  Expo in New York. It appears that  the attachment  of a Phase back will be a do-it-yourself project, using either Super Glue or duct tape.

These kind of comments are exactly why I don’t care to post at this forum anymore - it is really a shame, but the ratio between good information / crap and rumors are just too low.

Torben

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2007, 03:52:08 am »

... and that is exactly the reason why I have asked to avoid posting "information" without concrete facts, proves, documents or statements, Torben.

However, I think you know as well that there are (many) people here who do share and post real and true information, and posting it only when it is a sure and documented one.

Best regards,
Thierry

These kind of comments are exactly why I don’t care to post at this forum anymore - it is really a shame, but the ratio between good information / crap and rumors are just too low.

Torben
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147336\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2007, 04:50:57 am »

Hi
I laughed when I read this, I think we need some humor sometimes. I am hearing the same thing down in Sydney that Phase will be on the Hy6 but there is no press release on this. It could be a rumor & if Jenoptic owns the Hy6 ( they spent money to design it ), why would they let Phase on? They want to increase the market share of Sinar. Until & when there is a press release then Phase is not part of the Hy6.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

hubell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2007, 12:57:12 pm »

Hi
I laughed when I read this, I think we need some humor sometimes. I am hearing the same thing down in Sydney that Phase will be on the Hy6 but there is no press release on this. It could be a rumor & if Jenoptic owns the Hy6 ( they spent money to design it ), why would they let Phase on? They want to increase the market share of Sinar. Until & when there is a press release then Phase is not part of the Hy6.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147341\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, Torben is apparently a VERY serious man. Perhaps he saw my comment as a rumour. Of course, it was a joke. However, what's so remarkable is that Torben was actually quite active in spreading the rumour in prior posts that Phase was in on the Hy6 project. Wow!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:10:19 pm by hcubell »

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2007, 11:54:12 am »

As a Phase owner, I share people's concern with not having a modern, in-production camera system compatible with Phase (other than Mamiya).

To that end I spoke with Phase this week, and they told me the following (shared with their permission):

1) Phase backs will be usable with the Hy6.  No timeframe specified, and when questioned on whether this would be a simple mechanical adaptation with a cable, or a true full (electronic) integration, they could not specify at this point in time.

2) Phase will be announcing a new camera platform later this year.  No details on the camera platform, and the timeframe provided was Q1 '08.  "...we will... have our own (open ended) camera platform in Q1 08."

Dealers are supposed to have some information on this as well.

So I hope that comes as a relief to some Phase owners (it did for me), that Phase appears to have some interesting developments in store in the near future.

Best regards,
Brad
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

Graham Mitchell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2007, 12:24:30 pm »

This is big news, if true. I would be astonished if Phase will introduce a completely new platform with an all-new lens lineup. The R&D to develop a body, six lenses, viewfinder options, etc is huge. Look at the cost of the Hy6 project and that was for a body (partly based on a previous body) and new viewfinders only.

Well the rumours here have been pretty unreliable here lately so I'm definitely taking it with a pinch of salt.

amsp

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2007, 12:26:10 pm »

I can't wait to see the PhaseOne camera, I wonder what lenses it will use though.

david o

• http://www.davidolivier.net
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2007, 12:44:06 pm »

they can't start from nothing...
release or announcement  in Q1 08?
if it's release the cam already exist...

Graham Mitchell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2007, 12:47:53 pm »

they can't start from nothing...
release or announcement  in Q1 08?
if it's release the cam already exist...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149177\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bad did say that the announcement would be this year.

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2007, 01:01:10 pm »

The link provided is to a brief clip of a 2005 video interview with the CEO of Phase One. Two things are clear in his comments. 1) Phase One (as well as Hasselblad) sees the rapid advance of 35mm DSLR cameras as a threat to the survival of medium-format. 2) Phase One has not placed their bets or forecast the future very well in terms of camera platforms.

Video Interview Link
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:25:47 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Snook

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2007, 03:56:47 pm »

Did he say Contax??
I thought Contax was dead in the water...?
I think Medium format prices are going to still have to come down a little if they want to compete at all with Canon...:+} Especially with the 1DsIII but we'll see when guys start getting them.

Snook

Graham Mitchell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2007, 04:01:53 pm »

I think Medium format prices are going to still have to come down a little if they want to compete at all with Canon...:+} Especially with the 1DsIII but we'll see when guys start getting them.

Didn't Canon themselves admit that they would need better lenses for this camera? Let's wait and see how 'cheap' they are before comparing

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2007, 04:12:47 pm »

Did he say Contax??
I thought Contax was dead in the water...?

Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149209\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The interview was in 2005, before the Contax system was discontinued.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up