Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Where To For Phase One?  (Read 89594 times)

olaf

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2007, 01:21:28 pm »

Hi Chris
You just stated outright as a Phase One dealer that they will be supporting the Hy6. This is monumental news if it is no longer speculation but actual fact.

Are you the first one to break this news or am I maybe too busy and everyone else knows this already?

Thx

Olaf

Here are a couple of things that Phase One will be offering:

1.  With the purchase of a 3 Year Value Added package with your DB, you will be allowed a free
     platform change within 36 months of the original purchase. 

2.  Phase One will be supporting the Hy6 concept.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149567\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2007, 01:23:03 pm »

Chris

Any idea what a 3 year Value Added package will sell for?

Thanks,
Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149578\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark,

I don't know what the package will go for currently.  When I have more details
I'll post them.

Thank you,
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

Dinarius

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2007, 01:26:47 pm »

Chris,

Just had a look at your website for the first time. I like the Comparison page.

What, in a few words, is the difference between the P45 and the P45+?

Many thanks.

D.

clawery

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2007, 02:22:17 pm »

Hi Chris
You just stated outright as a Phase One dealer that they will be supporting the Hy6. This is monumental news if it is no longer speculation but actual fact.

Are you the first one to break this news or am I maybe too busy and everyone else knows this already?

Thx

Olaf
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149594\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Olaf,

It was released to dealers last week that Phase One will support the Hy6.  I don't have all the details currently, but hope to know more soon.

Thank you,
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

jpjespersen

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2007, 02:32:38 pm »

All I have to say is.. I told you so.  Finally someone more official then me announced it.
It was released to dealers last week that Phase One will support the Hy6.  I don't have all the details currently, but hope to know more soon.

Thank you,
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149613\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

clawery

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2007, 03:09:21 pm »

Chris,

Just had a look at your website for the first time. I like the Comparison page.

What, in a few words, is the difference between the P45 and the P45+?

Many thanks.

D.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dinarius,

Thank you for taking a look at our web site.  Here is a link to tell you the differences between the P45 and the P45+  :  

[a href=\"http://www.phaseone.com/Content/p1digitalbacks/Pplusseries/Pplus.aspx]http://www.phaseone.com/Content/p1digitalb...ries/Pplus.aspx[/url]

Thank you,
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

John Camp

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2007, 04:18:41 pm »

There are other companies, besides Phase, who might be under pressure to do something -- if Kyocera owns the rights to Contax, but is not doing anything with them, that asset is quickly going to diminish in value as MF gets divided up. If they are going to do anything with those rights, it has to be soon -- and I don't see any possibility of anything being done with it, unless it's with Phase. There are simply no other players available -- the musical chairs have run out.

As for Phase making its own camera -- this may not necessarily be such a big problem (although perhaps I simply don't understand the problems.) To oversimplify, they basically need to build a light-tight box on the front of their backs, that would take lenses from any of the other manufacturers -- that is, the adaptor plate might not need to be on the back of the camera, but on the front. Is this completely off base?

As for Phase joining with Mamiya, this makes sense to me, if Mamiya really continues to exist in any real way. To make money here, Phase would have to accept a kind of culture shift -- it used to be that Mamiya was the studio workhorse (the RZs) and a second-line small MF (the 645s) -- and it made money. It might be able to do that again, but it would have to accept second line status: lenses and bodies that might not be the very best (although still very good), and a price point that is suitably lower. If they could knock 20 percent off the price of an Hy6 or a Hassy,  they would probably do well.

There might be some real synergy -- good for everybody -- if Phase joined the Hy6 consortium. To know that you have a range of options for a given system would encourage people to buy it, especially given Hassy's recent behavior. And once a person bought any Hy6 back (with lenses) it's likely that any upgrades or back-changes would come within the available range of backs, rather than going outside to Hasselblad. So Phase's joining the consortium could be good for all of them.  

Bernard, though, held up the other wild card -- the upcoming Nikon. There have been some suggestions that Nikon is cooking up something unusual, perhaps a modular camera that would accept different sensor formulations. This could wind up knocking the lower end out of the MF market.

Be interesting; I think we'll know what's going to happen (what will set the direction for the next few decades) by the fall of 2010.

JC

hubell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2007, 04:47:02 pm »

All I have to say is.. I told you so.  Finally someone more official then me announced it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149617\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Before jumping to breathless conclusions, let's see what is meant by Phase "supporting" the Hy6. Is it true integration of the same sort offered by Sinar and Leaf on their variants of the Hy6, or is it an adapter plate for the Rolleiflex Hy6 with the need for a sync cable(i.e., no electronic communication between Hy6 body and Phase back)? If Phase IS coming out with a fully integrated version of the Rolleiflex Hy6 with Phase backs, I doubt it would be spinning it to its dealers as "supporting" the Hy6.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2007, 04:53:00 pm »

Mark,

I don't know what the package will go for currently.  When I have more details
I'll post them.

Thank you,
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149596\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
thanks chris for shining some official light...finally....

this was really the only way that there would be an alternative to hasselblad...so it will be leaf, phase, sinar along with F&H and mamiya with exchangeable parts/backs/bodies (all still locked in with specific mounts of course) against hasselblad with an all in one system....
i guess that is what hasselblad wanted.....

this announcement also means good news for leaf and sinar IMO.....they can't stand up to hasselblad alone....

ixpressraf

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2007, 05:15:49 pm »

Why always so negative about Hassselblad????
What if phase announced to hasselblad last year they were developing their own camera system.....
Wouln't it be normal for hasselblad to take action and make sure phase doesn't profit anymore from their platform. This to me would be a very normal reaction!
And why are so many people who are not using hasselblad or even phase trying to create panic among people who do. Your current leaf back will not fit the Hy 6 just as my CF back doesn't fit the H3 or Hy6. But just as there will be very interesting upgrading programmes for your leaf, hasselblad back owners get very interesing upgrade possibillities to the H3 platform.
This is 2007, where economics are more important than ever before. And lets face it, the Hy6 sounds fine but is very expensive and manual focussing is a pita with digital backs, so AF lenses will be needed and there are no 2nd hand/ebay possibillities for it. Therefore i am asking myself how many of our forum readers will actually buy into such a system such as the Hy6.
I owned a complete rollei6008 integral system with practcally all lenses except for the long telephoto but it was no way to compete wiyh the H-blads. You don't have to believe it but i hope those who will find out the hard way will tell us about it.

Dinarius

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2007, 05:26:26 pm »

Why always so negative about Hassselblad????[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To be honest, I'm surprised whenever Hasselblad gets a mentions on this forum. It appears to be overwhelmingly Phase in orientation.

I will have to take the plunge in the next few months. Clients are demanding it. So, no more 4x5 soon. I'd love the Hassie 4-shot. Ideal for my work. But, it's just too damned expensive and I've got a shed load of Mamiya RB gear that would become redundant immediately. So, it may be Phase that I go for. Apart from Mamiya compatibility, there seems to be a much healthier second-hand Phase market. Chris's second hand P45s are interesting.

D.

Note: I meant 'forum' as in site, not this thread, obviously!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 05:27:35 pm by Dinarius »

stevecoleccs

• http://www.stevecole.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2007, 05:54:02 pm »

Chris - What's the difference be the P30+ & a Canon G9?

~ cole

Dinarius,

Thank you for taking a look at our web site.  Here is a link to tell you the differences between the P45 and the P45+  : 

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/p1digitalb...ries/Pplus.aspx

Thank you,
Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149624\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2007, 06:21:52 pm »

There might be some real synergy -- good for everybody -- if Phase joined the Hy6 consortium. To know that you have a range of options for a given system would encourage people to buy it, especially given Hassy's recent behavior. And once a person bought any Hy6 back (with lenses) it's likely that any upgrades or back-changes would come within the available range of backs, rather than going outside to Hasselblad. So Phase's joining the consortium could be good for all of them. 

JC
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149638\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is no "synergy" with the Hy6 and anyone other than Leaf/Sinar. It is not "good" for Jenoptik (who developed and owns the rights to the project and who own Sinar) for Phase to be involved. Selling more cameras and lenses will do no good for Jenoptik. All that will be good for Jenoptik is that photographers become more interested in the Sinar digital platform (a worthwhile notion) and the Hy6 is the "carrot" they are using to make that happen.

I find the idea of an "open" platform quaint. Open to what? Meaning, what film camera that is still being produced will you put a digital back on?

*503CW
*Mamiya 645
*Mamiya RZ
*Rollei 6008

That's it. Unless you already own one of these, what is the benefit of being "open" to them? Particularly compared to the benefits of a true, integrated medium format digital camera? Not that there's anything wrong in being "open", dear users of open systems. A digital back connected to a non digital camera works perfectly well. My problem is that the companies who are pushing ahead with advancement are getting criticized while a company who does nothing gets praised.

I find the idea of trumpeting "Hey, we're open" a desperate attempt to stall.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Dinarius

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2007, 06:29:38 pm »

*503CW
*Mamiya 645
*Mamiya RZ
*Rollei 6008

That's it. Unless you already own one of these, what is the benefit of being "open" to them?
Steve Hendrix
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And the Mamiya RB according to this page........

[a href=\"http://www.phaseone.com/Content/p1digitalbacks/Pplusseries/Pplus/P45+.aspx]http://www.phaseone.com/Content/p1digitalb...Pplus/P45+.aspx[/url]

If that's wrong, then I really am screwed!

D.

Graham Mitchell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2007, 06:57:09 pm »

Dinarius, if you are unsure about which platform you will use then perhaps you should consider a back with an adapter system which will let you use multiple platforms.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2007, 07:08:52 pm »

I find the idea of an "open" platform quaint. Open to what? [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149662\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My dream when I bought an 'open' back was not what old clunkers I could swap to

It was my hope to swap to a decent body with good multipoint AF WHOEVER released it

ie an openness to the future.

This was obvioulsy dreaming

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2007, 07:28:06 pm »

Further - I don't find any MFDB players "open" at all. They ALL force you to use their back.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2007, 08:20:02 pm »

Dear ixpressraf,

- Wrong, Leaf backs will adapt and fit to the Sinar Hy6 as well as the Sinarbacks will adapt and fit the Leaf AFi.

- Yes, the Hasselblad backs will not fit

- Why saying or suggesting that there is no AF with the Hy6?!

The Hy6 is a camrea system accepting more than 24 lenses, between the Schneider non-AF and AF, the Zeiss lenses, as wel as the new Shneider/Zeiss AFD lenses.

I would like facts not being distorted: it has been said and stated many times here.

- prices: look at and compare the system prices.

- in which way could the 6008 in "no way compete with the Hasselblad"? Can you specify?

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Your current leaf back will not fit the Hy 6 just as my CF back doesn't fit the H3 or Hy6.

And lets face it, the Hy6 sounds fine but is very expensive and manual focussing is a pita with digital backs, so AF lenses will be needed and there are no 2nd hand/ebay possibillities for it. Therefore i am asking myself how many of our forum readers will actually buy into such a system such as the Hy6.

I owned a complete rollei6008 integral system with practcally all lenses except for the long telephoto but it was no way to compete wiyh the H-blads.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149650\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2007, 08:58:02 pm »

Looks like it was Weslee Ferguson from Global Imaging, Inc. in Louisville. Can you confirm this John-Paul?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146056\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I met with Wes last week in SLC.  I'm not sure what his source is but as my sales rep, I am assuming he is in a position to know. A Rollei Hy6 is the path he felt would open up for my P45+ when I'm ready to move away from the H1 down the road.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:13:12 pm by Wayne Fox »

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2007, 10:03:38 pm »

Further - I don't find any MFDB players "open" at all. They ALL force you to use their back.

Steve Hendrix
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149675\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

steve..of course there is no real open back..or camera ....open just means that i have a choice of back with a choice of camera...maybe that back can only be used one one camera at a time (with a mount change for a fee or not) or it can be used on several cameras via adapter....that is open...

hasselblad want you to use their back with their camera....which is actually fine with me...i would not want either, but that does not mean that either is bad or worse then anything else....either way...that is not open.....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up