Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Where To For Phase One?  (Read 89437 times)

jpop

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2007, 05:50:55 am »

Moving forward the posturing and maneuvering by the various manufacturers is only going to breed increased competition which leads to better technology, more innovation and more robust software.  If Hasselblad's moves weren't seen as inevitable, we likely wouldn't have seen the price point release of the Mamiya ZD nor the Hy6.  Add in the market share leader in PhaseOne appearing to be left alone on an island and it's a certainty they will either find a partner to create yet another platform, reverse engineer their way onto an emerging one or make a back room deal to find distribution  onto the latest platform entering the market.

Not for a second do I believe that PhaseOne is going to die on the vine as each time the market reaches points of uncertainty, they roll through with masterful marketing and enough innovation to hold their place as a market share leader.  Hasselblad's maneuvers gives them the opportunity to make some technical strides on their platform while also finding out where their customers loyalties lie, be it the back or the body they're mounting it on.  Both Leaf and Sinar have the opportunity to capitalize on a new camera platform while both have the muscle of being funded by companies whose market cap is in the billions.

In the end very little has changed and what we are left with is a more vibrant market.  Nobody has a foot in the grave, nobody goes away and the worst case scenario is that one of the companies has a different sign hanging over their door 5 years from now.  There isn't the first reason for any of these companies to bury their head in the sand while approaching the challenges ahead with zeal, enthusiasm and technical advancements that will produce the new winners moving into the future.
John Popp
Dodd Camera Professional Divis

jpjespersen

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2007, 06:14:33 am »

No, I can't.  I guess I have just heard a lot of rumors from good sources, and I strongly feel like they are true.  So take it for what it is.  Time will tell, and I think that amount of time will not be too long.
. Can you confirm this John-Paul?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146056\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:17:50 am by jpjespersen »

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2007, 07:28:59 am »

Hi
The Hy6 is a SINAR project & they (SINAR) want to improve market share. Do you believe that Phase will be part of the Hy6, I sure don't. I still think Phase can work with Mamiya & personally I think Phase has the upper hand here. Also I don't see Leaf going to Kodax chips they are too slow. The new Aptus 545s shoots at 9/10th/sec. Sinar also uses Dalsa & they are very fast. If Phase could get behind the ZD camera & put there technology into it with Mamiyas camera building, I think you would have a hell of a good DSLR. Looking at the Hy6 this camera looks to be a real winner.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

mattlap2

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2007, 10:42:46 am »

Hi
The Hy6 is a SINAR project & they (SINAR) want to improve market share. Do you believe that Phase will be part of the Hy6, I sure don't. I still think Phase can work with Mamiya & personally I think Phase has the upper hand here. Also I don't see Leaf going to Kodax chips they are too slow. The new Aptus 545s shoots at 9/10th/sec. Sinar also uses Dalsa & they are very fast. If Phase could get behind the ZD camera & put there technology into it with Mamiyas camera building, I think you would have a hell of a good DSLR. Looking at the Hy6 this camera looks to be a real winner.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146079\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

McFoto,

I believe Phase will be on board the Hy6 one way or another as John said.    Having worked for Sinar and on the supplier side of this business for a number of years I have a number of dealers telling me Phase is promising a complete camera solution 1st quarter.    I have also been assured that Phase will be showing their back on some variation of the Hy6 at Photo Plus.

I have also seen an email from a phase employee talking about the positives of the Hy6 system at the same time promising the camera solution.

There are tons of rampant rumors as how it will all turn out.    But my gut and all the evidence I have seen points to the Hy6 or some variation.    Anyone know what Rollei is actually calling their version?

Matt LaPointe

jpjespersen

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2007, 10:45:55 am »

Natasa Stojsic

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2007, 11:07:14 am »

PHASE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE ROLLEI HY6!
There are no questions about this.  It is a fact.  Phase is not worried about anything, nor will it start manufacturing camera's, IMO
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146047\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Perhaps early to make sure but I would love to see it happen.

Although in addition to Rollei Hy6, Phase+Mamiya ZD DSLR would be a very nice option to have.
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

jpjespersen

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2007, 08:38:43 pm »

We'll see...
I feel fairly confident about what I have heard, but am at no liberty to discuss it.

Steve Kerman

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2007, 09:00:44 pm »

So there are two options left now: Phase could make a mechanical adapter to mount their backs with a sync cable, or they could make a deal with Jenoptik after all.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146230\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Or, Phase could reverse-engineer the interface, unless there are patents involved that preclude use of the reverse-engineered interface.

In any case, I guess we'll find out on Thursday if the rumors are true...

jpjespersen

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2007, 09:16:34 pm »

This is what I am waiting for.  I hope its true.
In any case, I guess we'll find out on Thursday if the rumors are true...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146234\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Steve Kerman

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2007, 09:46:01 pm »

There are indeed patents involved.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146243\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
What, exactly, do these patents cover?

jpjespersen

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2007, 09:53:42 pm »

How is was phase involved with Mamiya and Rollei 6008 and Hasselblad in the past.  Did they have to sign up financially with these companies?
There are indeed patents involved. But even then: imagine what would happen if Jenoptik sends out a firmware update that keeps the Phase backs away again. Is that what we want? iPhone scenarios with $25K equipment?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146243\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2007, 09:57:55 pm »

Dear John-Paul,

With all due respect for your believes, wishes, hopes and convictions, it is very dangerous to post or express such claims and make them look like true in the eyes of other readers/members, here on this forum or elsewhere.

I do not wish to debate the veracity or not of what is claimed, but simply warning about claims made when based solely on rumours. You might be right or not, that is not the point, but as long as nothing is based on any proven fact or document or company statement, etc ..., it should not be distorted into a veracity. Even if you have it from believed "many good sources". The consequences involved if proven wrong or different can be sometimes very serious.

Best regards,
Thierry

This is what I am waiting for.  I hope its true.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146237\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:58:12 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

jpjespersen

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2007, 10:07:12 pm »

I would have to disagree with you on this.  It is a web forum.  Not a published magazine or newsletter or press release.  I would say that about 50% of the information on these topics in this forum is speculation.
I know for a fact that people are testing the Rollei Phase combo at the moment.  As to if it will be released or how it is connected etc.  I can't say.  
I don't understand what the "serious consequences" could be.  This is an open web forum.  I don't work for a camera company.  I am just stating my opinion and the knowledge that I do have.  As I have stated previously (and I am sure every one understands who reads these forums) take it or leave it.  Only time will tell.  This is my statement, and seeing as I have six replies on this page alone, I am going to try my hardest to stop participating on this post.  I have said all I need.

Dear John-Paul,

With all due respect for your believes, wishes, hopes and convictions, it is very dangerous to post or express such claims and make them look like true in the eyes of other readers/members, here on this forum or elsewhere.

I do not wish to debate the veracity or not of what is claimed, but simply warning about claims made when based solely on rumours. You might be right or not, that is not the point, but as long as nothing is based on any proven fact or document or company statement, etc ..., it should not be distorted into a veracity. Even if you have it from believed "many good sources". The consequences involved if proven wrong or different can be sometimes very serious.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146246\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:12:41 pm by jpjespersen »

thsinar

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2007, 10:28:56 pm »

we have the right to disagree, don't we?  

I did not mean this as an offence at all, and it is just my opinion, since I have learned it myself the hard way what it can be to speak about rumours: not on this forum and not concerning photography, rather on a private level. But I am now very cautious when forwarding an information which I only believe to be true.

Yes, it is an open forum, definitively. But think about that there are some 24,000 registered members and about the same amount of guests/readers. Some of those members/readers/guests do take whatever is written as the truth, some do take this truth with them and "forward" it with their own words, making a new "reality" out of an initial rumour (and we all know how rumours sometimes end). It can then generate misunderstandings in the market, sometimes wrong decisions, and so on ... That are the (sometimes serious) consequences when nothing is based on any true document or proven fact. I did not mean to"threaten" you by saying so, just express my opinion.

But again, I do not want to argue against your "truth", which might be right or wrong. Yes, time will tell.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

I would have to disagree with you on this.  It is a web forum.  Not a published magazine or newsletter or press release.  I would say that about 50% of the information on these topics in this forum is speculation.
I know for a fact that people are testing the Rollei Phase combo at the moment.  As to if it will be released or how it is connected etc.  I can't say. 
I don't understand what the "serious consequences" could be.  This is an open web forum.  I don't work for a camera company.  I am just stating my opinion and the knowledge that I do have.  As I have stated previously (and I am sure every one understands who reads these forums) take it or leave it.  Only time will tell.  This is my statement, and seeing as I have six replies on this page alone, I am going to try my hardest to stop participating on this post.  I have said all I need.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146249\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:30:37 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

jpjespersen

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2007, 10:39:42 pm »

I will take this on board.  And consider it in the future.
we have the right to disagree, don't we?   

I did not mean this as an offence at all, and it is just my opinion, since I have learned it myself the hard way what it can be to speak about rumours: not on this forum and not concerning photography, rather on a private level. But I am now very cautious when forwarding an information which I only believe to be true.

Yes, it is an open forum, definitively. But think about that there are some 24,000 registered members and about the same amount of guests/readers. Some of those members/readers/guests do take whatever is written as the truth, some do take this truth with them and "forward" it with their own words, making a new "reality" out of an initial rumour (and we all know how rumours sometimes end). It can then generate misunderstandings in the market, sometimes wrong decisions, and so on ... That are the (sometimes serious) consequences when nothing is based on any true document or proven fact. I did not mean to"threaten" you by saying so, just express my opinion.

But again, I do not want to argue against your "truth", which might be right or wrong. Yes, time will tell.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146253\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Graham Mitchell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2007, 10:28:37 am »

Well it's Thursday. Isn't this the day of the show in which the rumours suggested some Phase One news?

thsinar

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2007, 10:32:21 am »

not so sure if the exhibition is already open!

May be we have to be patient a bit longer.

Well it's Thursday. Isn't this the day of the show in which the rumours suggested some Phase One news?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146924\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

SeanBK

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2007, 12:01:54 pm »

not so sure if the exhibition is already open!

May be we have to be patient a bit longer.

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is open & info is coming out;
[a href=\"http://www.pdnonline.com/pdn/newswire/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003659927]http://www.pdnonline.com/pdn/newswire/arti...t_id=1003659927[/url]

joern_kiel

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2007, 01:59:10 pm »

-  -  -
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 02:57:16 pm by joern_kiel »

amsp

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2007, 04:13:04 pm »

Cut and pasted from the phase forum...

"While our R&D efforts are confidential, I can assure you that we have some VERY exciting products and solutions on the way in the next year!

PhotoPlus NYC is coming in another day and many things will likely become public regarding the H2F and its features. The H2 as it is now, while production may be halting, they will certainly remain on the market for some time and will be officially supported by Hasselblad for at least 7 years. Worry not, if you own an H system it will continue to serve you well for sometime.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up