You're blaming the crimes on the police's inability to prevent the crime. I don't remember you taking this position at the time of the BLM demonstrations but maybe you've revised your position on this, nothing wrong with that. But you must see the dilemma here. I mean, it's an unorthodox position to take. If my car is stolen, is it my fault because I own a car that people want to steal?
On another subject, you have stated a couple of times now that you don't think the last Presidential election was rigged. Fair enough. So what do you think of Trump et al.'s reaction to Senator Mike Rounds on-air statement that he thought the elections were fair and that Trump lost. He's getting some Republican support but Trump lost his mind over it (not a long trip, admittedly). I find Trump's reaction disingenuous because I don't think that he really believes that the election was unfair, but now that he's started the con, he has to see it through. Is this a responsible position for a public figure to take? Do you think he has the country's best interests in mind?
In NYC, the new District Attorney is decriminalizing many crimes that are still crimes on the books. So civilians are now being put in unwanted positions and the additional risk of being victims of crime. The new mayor, a black man like the DA, is in an uproar as is the NYPD and many responsible leaders including liberals. They correctly state this is going to cause a dramatic increase in crime. Likewise, police were held back by silly politicians during the BLM riots adding to the mayhem. They just ignored that crimes were being committed and let them happen.
The Jan 6th riot was similar because there weren't enough cops to keep order. Whether it was incompetence as appears on the surface, or more sinister and political, still hasn't been determined in my opinion. There's no incentive for a Democratically controlled Congress to investigate this end as they're using it to attack republicans to cover up Biden's incompetency. We may have to wait for Republicans to take over in November to get a more in-depth investigation, although I doubt the Republicans would want to open that can of worms either.
Regarding Trump, I wish he would just shut up and go away. He's just causing more trouble for Republicans. He reminds me of Hillary after she lost, another victim and complainer. The two make a nice pair.