Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466371 times)

Peter McLennan

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #10420 on: May 12, 2021, 08:39:36 pm »

from a 2019 article,  one of hundreds.

Hillary Clinton: Trump is an ‘illegitimate president’

She was right.  He was an illegitimate president.  He lacked any legitimacy as either a president or a human being.  Incompetent, too, as the record plainly shows.

The points I made, stand.  Refute any of them if you can.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #10421 on: May 12, 2021, 08:40:21 pm »

LOL. 

Once again, you are showing your lack of ability to be objective along with insist Democratic talking points are the only things that matter.  This is being the equivalent of the water boy who keeps on pointing out how much better the other team is, thinking he is doing good when in fact he is just destroying morale, making it worse. 

Cheney stated her opinion back in January, just like all of the other republicans on the matter.  However, unlike Cheney and you and many others, those Republicans realized you need to move on if you want to get reelected.  Unlike you, who obviously has a reason to keep the focus on Trump, getting Democrats to win, there is no reason for Cheney to do so given her leadership position. 

That is the long and short of it, and why she is being forced out. 

On top of that, the idea that the band of morons who entered the capital that day ever posed any risk at taking over is looking more and more like what it is, an absurd idea.  Likewise, the fact that DC is still using martial law to protect the federal government from those morons is also looking more and more like what it is, an absurd idea. 

And here's the thing, although I am enjoying the fact that so many Dems are now critiquing Biden for the mess he has already created, I, unlike you, have the objective ability to look at these Dems and know they are not helping the party, even though I may enjoy.  I know that those in leadership positions in the Democrats, like Pelosi, would be doing no favors to the Dems if she allowed this messaging to be the message of the Dems.  I may not like it, but it is the objective reality.  I suggest you at least try to look at things objectively.

Gibberish, all of it.  You should be ashamed.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10422 on: May 12, 2021, 09:41:45 pm »

Here it comes.

Dow hit with 682 point loss, Nasdaq off 2.7% on inflation beating
Consumer prices in April rose 0.8% for the month and 4.2% year over year, making for the biggest annual increase since September 2008. Both exceeded economists' expectations. The report caused investors to assess the possibility that the Federal Reserve may have to alter its asset purchase plan and course for interest rates.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/stocks-cpi-economy-tech-covid-oil-gold-europe-asia

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10423 on: May 12, 2021, 09:46:27 pm »

No, Alan, it must have been someone else, you can check my previous posts on this matter. I never advocated shutting down the pipelines. Moving the stuff through the pipeline is much cleaner and more environment friendly than moving it by trucks and rail.
Sorry. It must have been one of your compatriots.  By being a woke environmentalist, they have encouraged stupid policy decisions like Whitman and Biden are making undercutting American and Canadian wealth, jobs, and energy independence. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10424 on: May 12, 2021, 09:49:31 pm »

She was right.  He was an illegitimate president.  He lacked any legitimacy as either a president or a human being.  Incompetent, too, as the record plainly shows.

The points I made, stand.  Refute any of them if you can.

You sound like Trump arguing Biden is an illegitimate president.  You're no different than Trump or Hillary.  The irony is astounding.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #10425 on: May 12, 2021, 11:20:18 pm »

You sound like Trump arguing Biden is an illegitimate president.  You're no different than Trump or Hillary.  The irony is astounding.

Your reply is nonsensical. Those people are politicians. I'm just an innocent bystander.

Trump was a legitimately elected president who turned out to be illegitimate at the job.  He was demonstrably incompetent.  An abject failure not just in my eyes but in the eyes of most of the rest of the world.

I see no refutation of my four claims posted above.  Why not?  You say that you love the argument, yet you refuse to engage.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #10426 on: May 13, 2021, 07:41:09 am »

Thanks for the thoughtful rebuttal.  Judging by your previous reply to Alan, you still have a serious case of TDS.  You need help. 

I don't write this with jest, but you, like so many others, sound like an addict who can no longer get your daily fix of Trump.  Instead, you look for cheap thrills and, much like an addict who find a bottle of vanilla extract to relive his good old days, you are looking for some kind of relief for your withdraw. 

Move on like nearly everyone else.  It will be better for you. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 08:27:59 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #10427 on: May 13, 2021, 07:45:52 am »

Your reply is nonsensical. Those people are politicians. I'm just an innocent bystander.

Trump was a legitimately elected president who turned out to be illegitimate at the job.  He was demonstrably incompetent.  An abject failure not just in my eyes but in the eyes of most of the rest of the world.

I see no refutation of my four claims posted above.  Why not?  You say that you love the argument, yet you refuse to engage.

Although a mean tweeter, Trump's policies worked, all of them. 

What we are seeing now is incompetence. 

In a matter of months, Biden has seemingly destroyed an all but certain recovery, we just saw the largest month to month inflation rate since 1982, raised gas and energy prices, created a crisis at the border, lit the Middle East on fire with now war on the horizon due to a leadership vacuum he has created, and his soft response to the Colonial issue welcomes cyber attackers to screw with us more with open arms. 

It is amazing how much he has screwed up in just three months. 

I suspect eventually Biden will be forced to implement Trump's policies to bring back peace and order.  He adopted his vaccination plan with little changes, and now is starting to rebuild the wall.  He has also given up on his everything-but-infrastructure infrastructure bill. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 07:50:38 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10428 on: May 13, 2021, 08:41:31 am »

Trump kept us out of any new wars, lowered taxes, improved the economy, lowered unemployment for everyone including to the lowest ever for minorities.  He canceled the losing Iran agreement, Paris agreement, and started pressing China on their stealing IP from us.  HIs Operation Warp Speed has allowed America to have vaccinated more people than any other country.  I wished he would have cut government spending and printing more.  But Biden has quadrupled down on that and the inflation price increases are showing that it's going to get a lot worse. 

Biden also opened the borders so we have a crisis much worse down there than under Trump who stopped the flow.  Biden's kissing butt, has encouraged Iran to get nasty again, encouraged Palestinians to riot, and encouraged thousands of illegals to swim across the Rio Grande holding the hands of Mexican gangsters who they pay thousands for the privilege.  Biden's shutting down your Canadian XL pipeline has lost thousands of great jobs for Americans and Canadians and encourages Gov. Whitman to want to shut down another Canadian oil pipeline.  At this rate, Canada will soon have to ship oil by donkey. 

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 08:49:39 am by Alan Klein »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10429 on: May 13, 2021, 09:02:56 am »

Biden's shutting down your Canadian XL pipeline has lost thousands of great jobs for Americans and Canadians and encourages Gov. Whitman to want to shut down another Canadian oil pipeline.  At this rate, Canada will soon have to ship oil by donkey.

Are you sure about Whitman? The NJ governor Christine Whitman? I thought, she died a long time ago, well before Biden became president.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10430 on: May 13, 2021, 09:11:43 am »

Are you sure about Whitman? The NJ governor Christine Whitman? I thought, she died a long time ago, well before Biden became president.
You're right.  I meant Michigan Governor Whitmer.  On the other hand, ex-NJ Gov Christine Whitman might do a better job.  I believe she's still alive although she could do better than Whitmer even if not.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10431 on: May 13, 2021, 09:22:07 am »

Thanks for the thoughtful rebuttal.  Judging by your previous reply to Alan, you still have a serious case of TDS.  You need help. 

I don't write this with jest, but you, like so many others, sound like an addict who can no longer get your daily fix of Trump.  Instead, you look for cheap thrills and, much like an addict who find a bottle of vanilla extract to relive his good old days, you are looking for some kind of relief for your withdraw. 

Move on like nearly everyone else.  It will be better for you.

Actually, it is not as much TDS as the fear of of GOP members of losing half of their constituents if they abandoned Trump. They are still clinging to the past and Trump's butt parotting shamelessly and endlessly his lie about the election steal. Instead of accepting the democratic principles they prefer to purge their party of any dissidents and thus eventually run it into the ground. Very shortsighted.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10432 on: May 13, 2021, 09:36:29 am »

Actually, it is not as much TDS as the fear of of GOP members of losing half of their constituents if they abandoned Trump. They are still clinging to the past and Trump's butt parotting shamelessly and endlessly his lie about the election steal. Instead of accepting the democratic principles they prefer to purge their party of any dissidents and thus eventually run it into the ground. Very shortsighted.
I'd like to see the Republican party get past Trump.  Unfortunately, there is no one yet in a position to take over the party from him. What people often don't understand is that presidents wear three hats.  They're Chief Executive of the government, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, and leader of their party.  The party follows their lead.

If you recall after 2016, there were a lot of Democrats telling Hillary Clinton to stand down and let other Democrats move to the front.  And she wasn't even president.  With Trump looking at 2024 and a possible second-term run, others like Florida's Governor DeSantis are going to have to work hard to displace him.  In the meanwhile, Trump scares a lot of Republicans from going against him.  Look what happened to Congresswoman Cheney.  After all, 75 million people voted for Trump.  Others will have to show their stuff before he can be ignored.  Maybe that's what Cheney is doing.  Trying to establish herself as the outsider for a run for president in 2024.  Her positions against Trump might not be so noble or innocent, after all.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #10433 on: May 13, 2021, 01:26:37 pm »

... Maybe that's what Cheney is doing.  Trying to establish herself as the outsider for a run for president in 2024.  Her positions against Trump might not be so noble or innocent, after all.
Would not think of calling her innocent? nor noble... Sane was the word i had in mind.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10434 on: May 13, 2021, 01:38:56 pm »

Maybe that's what Cheney is doing.  Trying to establish herself as the outsider for a run for president in 2024.  Her positions against Trump might not be so noble or innocent, after all.

These words are even more true for Trump. Even his most ardent fans wouldn't describe him as being noble or innocent.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10435 on: May 13, 2021, 03:30:28 pm »

These words are even more true for Trump. Even his most ardent fans wouldn't describe him as being noble or innocent.
Who takes politicians at face value?

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #10436 on: May 13, 2021, 09:05:37 pm »

She voted to impeach the president of her own party.
You don't do those things especially when you're a leader within that party as she was.

Oh yes you do, in fact, do these things if you are principled, moral, and patriotic -- as opposed to Taylor-Green, Crawthorn, Goetz, and the other lickspittle toadies who are none of those things.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
--
Robert

degrub

« Reply #10438 on: May 14, 2021, 10:31:10 am »

Anyone remember Joe McCarthy from the '50's ?   :( :o

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #10439 on: May 14, 2021, 04:40:44 pm »

Joe is the king of gibberish, non-sequiturs, and a complete lack of shame and awareness of how asinine he sounds. I have learned to ignore him. Trying to have an intelligent conversation with him is like trying to teach calculus to a fencepost. Don't waste your time.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 04:45:54 pm by PeterAit »
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 808   Go Up