Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466276 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #10380 on: May 10, 2021, 01:42:26 pm »

Well, that's a bit insensitive but never mind.  ;)

Was it insensitive of me to make fun of an asinine NRA tweet? If so, I apologize to anyone who might have been offended. ;)
--
Robert

degrub

« Reply #10381 on: May 10, 2021, 02:17:20 pm »

Well, you never know when you have to protect yourself from a tiger, especially in Houston, Texas.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/05/10/what-a-zoo-tiger-spotted-outside-home-in-houston-neighborhood/

Meh.... you need something bigger than a holstered plinker that deputy was carrying. Thatwould just irritate the kitty.

chez

« Reply #10382 on: May 10, 2021, 04:45:33 pm »

People are bored.  We got to get back to work; in an office.

So bored people grab their one of many guns and decide they will kill a few today...like playing a shoot-em-up video game?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10383 on: May 10, 2021, 05:34:00 pm »

So bored people grab their one of many guns and decide they will kill a few today...like playing a shoot-em-up video game?
I'm making a rhetorical point.  What's the saying about idle hands? When people are working, doing something valuable to occupy their time, they have less time to act weird, crazy, murderous. 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #10384 on: May 10, 2021, 06:06:59 pm »

I'm making a rhetorical point.  What's the saying about idle hands? When people are working, doing something valuable to occupy their time, they have less time to act weird, crazy, murderous.

Don't know about murderous, but how about taking your own advice?

Really Alan, (as friendly advice) get a grip on the stuff you post ...

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Peter McLennan

« Reply #10385 on: May 10, 2021, 07:58:56 pm »

"The irony is strong with this one."
Obi-Wan

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #10386 on: May 10, 2021, 08:30:20 pm »

Really Alan, (as friendly advice) get a grip on the stuff you post ...
After all these pages (and others on differing subjects): impossible.
He stops only when everyone stops paying attention to his foolish nonsense or end up, like me, on his ignore list.
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." -Frank Lloyd Wright
Or in this case, Alan's keyboard.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #10387 on: May 11, 2021, 03:58:02 pm »

That must be why retirees are so weird, crazy, murderous.
-MattB

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10388 on: May 12, 2021, 06:07:16 am »

Fine and effective speech by Liz Cheney. What a refreshing change from Trump and his flunkey's propagandas.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/12/politics/liz-cheney-house-gop/index.html

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #10389 on: May 12, 2021, 07:12:55 am »

Fine and effective speech by Liz Cheney. What a refreshing change from Trump and his flunkey's propagandas.

She is a principled conservative.  They’re an endangered species around here these days—at least in Congress.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10390 on: May 12, 2021, 07:28:21 am »

The left and democrats have always hated the Cheneys especially her father, VP Dick Cheney, who pushed Iraq War on Bush and considered both unrepentant warmongers.   Now suddenly, she's their heroine because she's against Trump.  Sen Rand Paul is a conservative/libertarian by comparison.

Published December 10, 2019
Rand Paul calls Liz, Dick Cheney 'unrepentant warmongers' who need to 'fade into obscurity'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rand-paul-liz-cheney-endless-wars-iraq-terrorism

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #10391 on: May 12, 2021, 10:01:14 am »

...   Now suddenly, she's their heroine because she's against Trump.  ...

That's a silly deliberate misrepresentation of what's going on. Remove your lip lock from Trump's behind. Personality cults belong to authoritarian regimes, not modern democracies.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10392 on: May 12, 2021, 10:05:32 am »

In a counter-argument to those generals and admirals recently criticizing Trump about his stance on the election, other generals and admirals have taken an opposite view.  Of course, I had to find the article in Yahoo Canada and then Yahoo to find the article as the regular press ignores this kind of stuff.  Both articles took a biased opinion about the officers' letter.

More than 120 retired generals and admirals wrote to Biden suggesting he wasn't legitimately elected and questioning his mental health
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/more-120-retired-generals-admirals-100024106.html

'Disturbing and reckless': Retired brass spread election lie in attack on Biden, Democrats
https://news.yahoo.com/disturbing-reckless-retired-brass-spread-202851653.html

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10393 on: May 12, 2021, 10:07:10 am »

That's a silly deliberate misrepresentation of what's going on. Remove your lip lock from Trump's behind. Personality cults belong to authoritarian regimes, not modern democracies.
Your insult isn't worthy of a response.  You're on my ignore list too.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #10394 on: May 12, 2021, 10:12:09 am »

In a counter-argument to those generals and admirals recently criticizing Trump about his stance on the election, other generals and admirals have taken an opposite view.  Of course, I had to find the article in Yahoo Canada and then Yahoo to find the article as the regular press ignores this kind of stuff.  Both articles took a biased opinion about the officers' letter.

More than 120 retired generals and admirals wrote to Biden suggesting he wasn't legitimately elected and questioning his mental health

'Disturbing and reckless': Retired brass spread election lie in attack on Biden, Democrats

Another legacy of the Trump era, politicizing the military. Way to go!  Banana republic status can't be far away now. Aside from the embarrassment of having military officers believing in obvious QAnon-like conspiracy National Enquirer level bullshit , doesn't this worry you? I hope none of them were working in intelligence, that would be very worrying.
--
Robert

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #10395 on: May 12, 2021, 10:39:42 am »

Retired as they are, it is a form of mutiny not to respect the outcome of a democratic election that in this case even has been checked and double checked by many independent courts in the country.
It was Trump that asked to put the election numbers in his favour, It was Trump that made his followers storm the capitol on the basis of blatant lies.
Alan, i don't know what goes on in your mind to support Trump after doing all this. If one man endangers the democracy process and the constitution it is Trump.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Peter McLennan

« Reply #10396 on: May 12, 2021, 11:15:20 am »

The left and democrats have always hated the Cheneys especially her father, VP Dick Cheney, who pushed Iraq War on Bush and considered both unrepentant warmongers.   Now suddenly, she's their heroine because she's against Trump.  Sen Rand Paul is a conservative/libertarian by comparison.

Published December 10, 2019
Rand Paul calls Liz, Dick Cheney 'unrepentant warmongers' who need to 'fade into obscurity'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rand-paul-liz-cheney-endless-wars-iraq-terrorism

Is it even possible, Alan, that her opinions differ from her father’s?  That perhaps she’s not a “warmonger” like daddy?

Everything she’s saying about herself, Trump and the election aftermath is the obvious and inarguable truth.  Feel free to point out her errors to us.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #10397 on: May 12, 2021, 11:21:05 am »

Now suddenly, she's their heroine because she's against Trump.  Sen Rand Paul is a conservative/libertarian by comparison.

No, she's not against Trump. She's pro-truth. She voted with Trump 92% of the time. Now, because she refuses to kow-tow to Trump's stolen election BS she is being pilloried. Her standing up for truth is admirable, but it's a damn low bar for heroine status. And let's remember that her overall voting record is pretty dismal.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #10398 on: May 12, 2021, 11:35:29 am »

No, she's not against Trump. She's pro-truth. She voted with Trump 92% of the time. Now, because she refuses to kow-tow to Trump's stolen election BS she is being pilloried. Her standing up for truth is admirable, but it's a damn low bar for heroine status. And let's remember that her overall voting record is pretty dismal.

Personally I find her voting record to be amazing. 

But anyway, it is truly incredible the sheer lack of ability for many on here to be objective.  She was not removed because of her vote or refusal to kow-tow, but because she can not get out of the past and, because of this, is helping Dems.  On top of that, she is obviously incompetent since not only does she does not realize she is helping dems, but takes the bait over and over again. 

In order for the GOP to win, they need to keep on the focus on Biden and his horrible policies, all of which are failing in spectacular fashion already.  Inflation is almost at 5% yearly, 0.8% on a month by month basis, and would be at 10.1% if it was calculated like it was in the 70s.  The jobs report had a major miss due to paying people not to work, which both artificially increases demand and decreases supply, fueling inflation.  We have gas/energy price increases, and now shortages that the Biden administration is writing off as just a "private business matter."  The border is being over run and about 18,000 children came over the border last month along.  Biden sent $235M in aid to Palestine last month with no strings attached and now it looks like much of that went towards missiles and bombs.  Biden has emboldened Iran, which is now openly taunting US ships and increasing terror in the Middle East.  I always knew this administration would be a shit show, but it is still amazing how quickly things are going south. 

So, anyone in leadership has a lot to talk about that would help the GOP, but what Cheney has been doing is talking about Trump non-stop.  Even Susan Collins who voted for impeachment has said, a while back, it is time to move on, but Cheney cant help taking the bait. 

She has proven herself as being incompetent at communications and therefore needs to go.  End of story. 

You may not like, since she is helping your party, but that is not looking at this objectively.  She is suppose to help the Republicans, not the Dems.  Not to mention she is a warmonger who would at the blink of an eye put us back into some endless engagement.  Good bye and good riddance. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 11:38:45 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10399 on: May 12, 2021, 11:50:41 am »

Retired as they are, it is a form of mutiny not to respect the outcome of a democratic election that in this case even has been checked and double checked by many independent courts in the country.
It was Trump that asked to put the election numbers in his favour, It was Trump that made his followers storm the capitol on the basis of blatant lies.
Alan, i don't know what goes on in your mind to support Trump after doing all this. If one man endangers the democracy process and the constitution it is Trump.

you misunderstood my post. I didn't argue that I agreed with Trump. I was trying to point out the double standard in the Press of reporting news when Admirals and Generals give their opinions.

It appears that as long as they agree with your Viewpoint, then they're perfectly within their rights to say what they believe. But if they say what you don't agree with, then it's mutiny. May I remind you that in both cases, the officers are retired and constitutionally free to give their opinion about their commander-in-chief.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 808   Go Up