Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466581 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #10160 on: April 21, 2021, 05:04:44 pm »

You appear not to understand what the word insurrection means. Just because a violent assault on a capitol fails to achieve its intended end result, does not mean that it wasn't an insurrection. They didn't assault the police guarding the Capitol because they got restless waiting for their scheduled tour to start.
First off assault is not insurrection.  Second, has anyone been charged with insurrection?  I don't believe so. 

TechTalk

« Reply #10161 on: April 21, 2021, 05:08:24 pm »

you are being extremely unfair accusing others of killing him.

I didn't accuse anyone of killing officer Sicknick. But, I haven't seen any indication that really matters to you.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10162 on: April 21, 2021, 05:11:10 pm »

It would appear that you have not gone back and read the series of posts in question or read either of the articles I linked to. I think the expression for that is that you are going off half-cocked.

Neither article to which I linked said that the men who were arrested killed Officer Sicknick, so not only was I not saying "insurrectionists killed that officer", "someone else" was not saying "insurrectionists killed that officer". Nobody was saying "insurrectionists killed that officer". That is just something Alan made up yesterday to deflect from Robert telling him he has frequently posted false facts.

I pledge that henceforth I will post no articles for discussion so that you and Alan will not become confused and make unwarranted assumptions.

No one's telling you to not post articles supporting your belief if that's what you believe.  What wrong is that you're trying to backtrack and make it seem like your never believed it or stated it.  There's nothing wrong changing your mind regarding an issue especially when the facts change.  It's just that you seem to be squirming out of taking responsibility for what you said. 

TechTalk

« Reply #10163 on: April 21, 2021, 05:17:46 pm »

First off assault is not insurrection.

Assault is often one of the components of an insurrection as we witnessed with the insurrection that occurred at the Capitol.

faberryman

« Reply #10164 on: April 21, 2021, 05:20:21 pm »

No one's telling you to not post articles supporting your belief if that's what you believe.  What wrong is that you're trying to backtrack and make it seem like your never believed it or stated it.  There's nothing wrong changing your mind regarding an issue especially when the facts change.  It's just that you seem to be squirming out of taking responsibility for what you said.

I am not backtracking or trying to squirm out of anything. I am categorically denying that I said or implied that Officer Sicknick was killed by Capitol insurrectionists, which is a patently false charge you have leveled against me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 05:24:32 pm by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10165 on: April 21, 2021, 05:31:34 pm »

Assault is often one of the components of an insurrection as we witnessed with the insurrection that occurred at the Capitol.

Assaulting a cop with pepper spray or punching or shoving him is not insurrection.  You're being hyperbolic for political reasons.  Who's been charged with it? 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10166 on: April 21, 2021, 05:36:42 pm »

I am not backtracking or trying to squirm out of anything. I am categorically denying that I said or implied that Officer Sicknick was killed by Capitol insurrectionists, which is a patently false charge you have leveled against me.
They weren't insurrectionists.  They were rioting and trespassing.   

I'll accept your statement  to end this impasse and just say that I  must have misinterpreted your words.  I'm sorry I thought so ill well of you.  However, it would be helpful if you were clearer next time. 

TechTalk

« Reply #10167 on: April 21, 2021, 05:43:28 pm »

Assaulting a cop with pepper spray or punching or shoving him is not insurrection.

It isn't an insurrection if you assault "a cop with pepper spray or punching or shoving him" while you're on the side of the road getting a speeding ticket. When it's done while invading the Capitol to terrorize its members and disrupt the peaceful transfer of power being conducted by them, it might be considered in a different light.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #10168 on: April 21, 2021, 06:54:32 pm »

This is the new tactic (patently false charge) from Alan after telling us we called him a liar which was equally an patently false charge.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10169 on: April 21, 2021, 09:25:07 pm »

It isn't an insurrection if you assault "a cop with pepper spray or punching or shoving him" while you're on the side of the road getting a speeding ticket. When it's done while invading the Capitol to terrorize its members and disrupt the peaceful transfer of power being conducted by them, it might be considered in a different light.
No one has been charged with insurrection. 

More than 100 defendants have been charged with assaulting, resisting or impeding officers or employees, and 35 of those were charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon, the Department of Justice said. About 140 officers were assaulted during the attack, according to a Justice Department spokesperson.

More than 350 were charged with entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds, and more than 35 were charged with entering the Capitol with a dangerous or deadly weapon, the spokesperson said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-riot-arrests-2021-04-21/

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10170 on: April 21, 2021, 09:35:22 pm »

First off assault is not insurrection.  Second, has anyone been charged with insurrection?  I don't believe so.

Right! And the gallows they brought in, were meant just to show off their woodworking skills.
How would you greet those thugs if they appeared at you door?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10171 on: April 21, 2021, 09:41:23 pm »

Right! And the gallows they brought in, were meant just to show off their woodworking skills.
How would you greet those thugs if they appeared at you door?

No one was charged with insurrection.  It's coming from the same anti-Trumpers who accused him of collusion with the Russians.  Part of the same campaign.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #10172 on: April 21, 2021, 09:50:27 pm »

Alan, just because nobody's been charged with insurrection (yet) doesn't mean that what happened wasn't insurrection.

Mirriam Webster : Definition of insurrection
: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government.

Is that clear enough?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10173 on: April 21, 2021, 11:48:02 pm »

Alan, just because nobody's been charged with insurrection (yet) doesn't mean that what happened wasn't insurrection.

Mirriam Webster : Definition of insurrection
: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government.

Is that clear enough?
That is not the legal definition.  It could be used for all those who rioted last summer, burned things down and looted or created that police free zone.    If there was true insurrection, the government would have charged someone already.  But there are hundreds of charges made and none of them include insurrection.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10174 on: April 21, 2021, 11:51:17 pm »

The same people who claim these Trump supporters commited insurrection are the same people who claimed Trump colluded with the Russians.  We understand the game that's being played.

TechTalk

« Reply #10175 on: April 22, 2021, 01:06:52 am »

Sure. "We understand the game that's being played." It's transparent and obvious.

You're deflecting by changing the subject to "summer riots" or "anti-Trumpers" in order to drag others down a varied series of bottomless rabbit holes. It's a tactic which you deploy quite often when facing subjects you wish to avoid.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:01:23 am by TechTalk »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10176 on: April 22, 2021, 06:20:02 am »

Sure. "We understand the game that's being played." It's transparent and obvious.

You're deflecting by changing the subject to "summer riots" or "anti-Trumpers" in order to drag others down a varied series of bottomless rabbit holes. It's a tactic which you deploy quite often when facing subjects you wish to avoid.
The avoidance is not with me. I've stated there was no insurrection. I asked who was charged with it if there was?

No one here answered that question.  You're avoiding it not me.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10177 on: April 22, 2021, 07:56:26 am »

No one was charged with insurrection.  It's coming from the same anti-Trumpers who accused him of collusion with the Russians.  Part of the same campaign.

What about those gallows?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10178 on: April 22, 2021, 10:01:57 am »

What about those gallows?
What do you mean?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #10179 on: April 22, 2021, 10:11:24 am »

What do you mean?

Supporters of President Donald Trump who violently stormed the U.S. Capitol last week intended to "capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States government," federal prosecutors asserted in documents released Friday.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-01-15/prosecutors-capitol-rioters-intended-to-capture-and-assassinate-elected-officials
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 808   Go Up