Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466359 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #10140 on: April 21, 2021, 10:02:48 am »

I did not say I had not posted a story about the possibility Officer Sicknick was killed by the Capitol insurrectionists. I said no one here had claimed that Officer Sicknick was killed by Capitol insurrectionists. I hope you can see the difference.

The LuLa bear spray affair started when I posted a article without comment that two men had been arrested for assaulting Officer Sicknick. I did so trying to change the subject because Alan was going off the deep end again about voter fraud. Alan immediately accused me "having a double standard" because I hadn't posted any articles about BLM protesters getting arrested for pepper spraying policemen. It went downhill from there. I posted the story about the FBI having a theory that Officer Sicknick had had a stroke following having inhaled bear spray in response to Alan's remark that he hadn't read anything about bear spray being associated with Officer Sicknick's death. I did not post the link for the truth of the matter therein asserted. Why would I? First, the article was in the Washington Examiner, and second, the article itself stated that the FBI denied that it had such a theory. I bowed out for the the day after assuring Alan that I thought BLM protesters should be prosecuted if they injured policemen with pepper spray.

If you have the stomach for it, go back to page 452, and read beginning with my post #9023. I think you will conclude that no one here claimed, or even implied, that Officer Sicknick was killed by Capitol insurrectionists. Certainly there was speculation in the media, but while the medical examiner had performed an autopsy, he had not released his inclusions, so at the time no one knew why he died.

Oh, I see now.  You were not saying ;) ;) insurrectionists killed that officer, you were just saying  ;) ;) that someone else was saying insurrectionists killed that officer. 

Thanks for politicking clarifying. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #10141 on: April 21, 2021, 10:04:44 am »

Meanwhile, the white unarmed woman shot and killed by a black cop at the Capitol has disappeared from the news.  The name of the cop was never announced or the report of the investigation of her death released by the government.  Had the situation been reversed, and the cop was white and the victim black, do you think that the cop would have been protected and nothing known about the investigation?  There's a double standard going on in America.  It seems that there are only "bad" and "racist" white cops.

I saw the video and unless my vision is worse than I thought, the cop who shot Babbitt was white. But even if he was black, so what? He was protecting himself, fellow officers, and the congressmen from a crazy and violent mob that had already broken laws just by being there. No one blames a white cop for shooting a black man who is pointing a gun. We do blame a white cop who shoots a 13 yo boy who has dropped his gun and is turning around and raising his hands just as the officer ordered.

James Clark

« Reply #10142 on: April 21, 2021, 10:10:37 am »

Oh, I see now.  You were not saying ;) ;) insurrectionists killed that officer, you were just saying  ;) ;) that someone else was saying insurrectionists killed that officer. 

We won't know the truth until we hear what your "black friend" has to say on the matter, so can you get on that?

faberryman

« Reply #10143 on: April 21, 2021, 10:35:42 am »

It would appear that you have not gone back and read the series of posts in question or read either of the articles I linked to. I think the expression for that is that you are going off half-cocked.

Neither article to which I linked said that the men who were arrested killed Officer Sicknick, so not only was I not saying "insurrectionists killed that officer", "someone else" was not saying "insurrectionists killed that officer". Nobody was saying "insurrectionists killed that officer". That is just something Alan made up yesterday to deflect from Robert telling him he has frequently posted false facts.

I pledge that henceforth I will post no articles for discussion so that you and Alan will not become confused and make unwarranted assumptions.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 11:37:45 am by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #10144 on: April 21, 2021, 10:45:25 am »

You and Digital Dog posted articles that implied he was killed by the rioters. 

Wrong again. No implication. In fact, text stating the cause of death wasn't known yet when I posted.
Just further confusion from Alan's ability to read and comprehended. Nothing new here gang.
I promise that henceforth I will post no articles for discussion so that you and Alan will not be confused.
Not possible. We are writing for an audience composed of morons.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #10145 on: April 21, 2021, 10:48:39 am »

However, my prediction is, regardless of what decision is made, riots will ensue tonight.
He's someone who never lets complete ignorance of a subject get in the way of having strong opinions about it.  ;D

JoeKitchen

« Reply #10146 on: April 21, 2021, 10:50:28 am »

We won't know the truth until we hear what your "black friend" has to say on the matter, so can you get on that?

Thanks James.  At least, unlike you, I see black people at the same level as me and not as a group to use only to virtual signal to others about how moral I am, like you are now. 

Cheers. 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #10147 on: April 21, 2021, 10:54:22 am »

Thanks James.  At least, unlike you, I see black people at the same level as me and not as a group to use only to virtual signal to others about how moral I am.  Cheers.
”Sometimes wrong; never in doubt." -Atul Gawande
Perfect proof, from a privileged white guy, who has no idea what level nor how many black people see their own world.
Again within a few minutes: someone who never lets complete ignorance of a subject get in the way of having strong opinions about it.  :'(

James Clark

« Reply #10148 on: April 21, 2021, 11:04:59 am »

”Sometimes wrong; never in doubt." -Atul Gawande

That's our Joe.  (But "sometimes" is being a little generous.)  ;D

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #10149 on: April 21, 2021, 11:08:15 am »

Poor confused little Joe requires is much generosity as we can muster. But there are limits.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #10150 on: April 21, 2021, 12:19:16 pm »

Wow, James, you really are patting yourself on the back today.  You should take the rest of the day off from work and pour yourself a drink for being such a Great White Savior. 

faberryman

« Reply #10151 on: April 21, 2021, 01:25:41 pm »

Thanks James.  At least, unlike you, I see black people at the same level as me and not as a group to use only to virtual signal to others about how moral I am, like you are now.

Is it not virtue signaling when you tell us about your black friend? Are you not telling us how moral you are when you tell us about how you see black people at the same level as yourself?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 02:19:57 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #10152 on: April 21, 2021, 02:38:15 pm »

Alan should know the answer to this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/trump-administration-awarded-firm-1-3-billion-make-covid-vaccine-n1263872
Trump administration awarded a firm $1.3 billion to make Covid vaccine syringes.
A year after a Connecticut company was awarded almost $1.3 billion in federal loans and contracts to supply an essential syringe for the Covid-19 vaccine rollout, no syringes have been made.
Where are the syringes? Alan?
Meanwhile, under the new guy:
Biden has now pledged 200 million Covid vaccinations in 100 days. This is what the numbers say.
'We did it': Biden celebrates U.S. hitting 200-million-dose milestone in his first 100 days

TechTalk

« Reply #10153 on: April 21, 2021, 03:59:08 pm »

If a policeman can't take stress because of a medical condition, he shouldn't be a cop.

Perhaps you can put your sentiment in a sympathy card to the Sicknick family. Don't forget to include the families of the two officers that committed suicide shortly after their battles at the Capitol. Maybe you could extend your sentiment to all of the military veterans and their families that have suffered mentally and physically from traumatic stress after carrying out their duties as well.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 04:23:44 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #10154 on: April 21, 2021, 04:05:58 pm »

The fact is the conclusion of the medical examiners was that he died of natural causes.

D.C. Medical Examiner Francisco J. Diaz told the Post that the autopsy found no evidence that Sicknick had an allergic reaction to the spray and disclosed to the paper that he did not find evidence of internal or external injuries.

However, Diaz added that Sicknick having been among the officers who engaged with the Capitol mob “played a role in his condition.”

The publicly disclosed timeline of events records Sicknick being sprayed at 2:20 p.m. Eastern Time.

Sicknick collapsed at the Capitol around 10 p.m. that evening on Jan. 6th, before being pronounced dead at a local hospital at 9:30 p.m. the following night.

TechTalk

« Reply #10155 on: April 21, 2021, 04:21:07 pm »

they didn't commit insurrection, words still being thrown about by you and the fake press for political gain.

You appear not to understand what the word insurrection means. Just because a violent assault on a capitol fails to achieve its intended end result, does not mean that it wasn't an insurrection. They didn't assault the police guarding the Capitol because they got restless waiting for their scheduled tour to start.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10156 on: April 21, 2021, 04:46:48 pm »

I saw the video and unless my vision is worse than I thought, the cop who shot Babbitt was white. But even if he was black, so what? He was protecting himself, fellow officers, and the congressmen from a crazy and violent mob that had already broken laws just by being there. No one blames a white cop for shooting a black man who is pointing a gun. We do blame a white cop who shoots a 13 yo boy who has dropped his gun and is turning around and raising his hands just as the officer ordered.
IF he was white, just as bad.  When a police officer shots and kills an unarmed woman, the investigation report should be made public.  Otherwise it looks like a coverup to protect the cop and the organization he works for.  Was his name released?  Why isn't this case being handled as other cases you mentioned?   Cops aren't suppose to shoot unarmed perpetrators.  There were guard by the door who moved away and then she was shot by a guard on the other side.  Why did the guards move away? The family and public deserves answers to these questions?  A cop is not suppose to shoot unless his life was threatened.  She didn't have a gun. She was on the other side of a closed door.  WHy didn't he resort to less lethal measures?  Did he have pepper spray?  Did he have a taser?  These are all legitimate questions not being answered that are being questioned on all the other cases we refer too.  They're covering up her death and case. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10157 on: April 21, 2021, 05:00:38 pm »

Perhaps you can put your sentiment in a sympathy card to the Sicknick family. Don't forget to include the families of the two officers that committed suicide shortly after their battles at the Capitol. Maybe you could extend your sentiment to all of the military veterans and their families that have suffered mentally and physically from traumatic stress after carrying out their duties as well.
If the cop died of an existing natural medical condition as he did, you are being extremely unfair accusing others of killing him.  Of course, the accusations were all politically tinged with hate of Trump. 

TechTalk

« Reply #10158 on: April 21, 2021, 05:01:04 pm »

They're covering up her death and case.

Baloney

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #10159 on: April 21, 2021, 05:02:40 pm »

D.C. Medical Examiner Francisco J. Diaz told the Post that the autopsy found no evidence that Sicknick had an allergic reaction to the spray and disclosed to the paper that he did not find evidence of internal or external injuries.

However, Diaz added that Sicknick having been among the officers who engaged with the Capitol mob “played a role in his condition.”

The publicly disclosed timeline of events records Sicknick being sprayed at 2:20 p.m. Eastern Time.

Sicknick collapsed at the Capitol around 10 p.m. that evening on Jan. 6th, before being pronounced dead at a local hospital at 9:30 p.m. the following night.
What role in his condition did the medical examiner say it played?
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 808   Go Up