Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466238 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2060 on: November 21, 2020, 07:13:55 pm »

As to the hospitals with minimal use, that was so in the summer, but now many hospitals, not only in USA, but in many other countries are already running out of beds and personnel.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/hospital-icus-running-space-due-covid-19-surges/story?id=74169792 -
Not according to this chart as of Nov. 20, 2020.  In NJ, which is supposed to be very bad, only 12% of hospital beds are currently used for COvid.  Florida 6%. California 7%  NY 4%  Illinois which is one of the higher ones is at 19%.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/number-of-covid-19-hospitalizations-state-by-state-july-15.html

This chart shows the hospitalization rates through last week.  The heavy black line is the total for all age groups. My understanding is that stays are shorter and fewer ICU's are required.  Fewer ventilators required, better procedures and effective antiviral drugs are working to get patients in and out faster. I saw my pulmonologist a couple of weeks ago.  He was on the front line in the hospital he works at and said it was a madhouse in the Spring.  But now he has time to see regular patients like me and is running a normal schedule.

John Camp

« Reply #2061 on: November 21, 2020, 07:21:12 pm »

In 1969, you could even tell the girl that she had a beautiful body. Imagine that now.

Remember line in the song? "If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"

chez

« Reply #2062 on: November 21, 2020, 07:21:39 pm »

Not according to this chart as of Nov. 20, 2020.  In NJ, which is supposed to be very bad, only 12% of hospital beds are currently used for COvid.  Florida 6%. California 7%  NY 4%  Illinois which is one of the higher ones is at 19%.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/number-of-covid-19-hospitalizations-state-by-state-july-15.html

This chart shows the hospitalization rates through last week.  The heavy black line is the total for all age groups. My understanding is that stays are shorter and fewer ICU's are required.  Fewer ventilators required, better procedures and effective antiviral drugs are working to get patients in and out faster. I saw my pulmonologist a couple of weeks ago.  He was on the front line in the hospital he works at and said it was a madhouse in the Spring.  But now he has time to see regular patients like me and is running a normal schedule.

And yet over 2,000 people die in any given day. Yeh...stays are shorter...they get moved to the refrigerated trucks called morgues these days.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2063 on: November 21, 2020, 07:23:42 pm »

Not cool.  He's still a citizen, and left for valid personal reasons.

Edit.. And even if he wasn't, I don't really understand the issue with "foreigners" opining on the USA.  We do, after all, have a global impact on economy, culture, stability etc.
But it becomes obsessive and negative.  Frankly, it's a combination of jealousy and hate.   And they can never see the problems in their own countries.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2064 on: November 21, 2020, 07:31:09 pm »

In 1969, you could even tell the girl that she had a beautiful body. Imagine that now.
You're right.  If I used that line today, my wife would kill me.  :o

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2065 on: November 21, 2020, 07:34:41 pm »

Looks like I'm in Group 2.  Just have to stay hidden until then.

COVID-19 vaccines are almost ready to be distributed. Who gets them after health care workers? Here's a list.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/11/19/covid-19-vaccines-who-gets-coronavirus-immunization-first/3778098001/

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #2066 on: November 21, 2020, 07:40:05 pm »

Disgusted by just how many commie/fascist governors and mayors there are, imposing idiotic lockdowns and useless muzzle mandates.

P.S. @Chris Kern > how am I doing?  ;)

Keep shooting pictures, Slobodan.  You may have retired, but it's a great hobby.

chez

« Reply #2067 on: November 21, 2020, 07:49:41 pm »

But it becomes obsessive and negative.  Frankly, it's a combination of jealousy and hate.   And they can never see the problems in their own countries.

Jealousy...really? Hate...really?

The way you talk about China, Cuba etc.... I can see hate foaming in your mouth.

faberryman

« Reply #2068 on: November 21, 2020, 08:07:57 pm »

And they can never see the problems in their own countries.

The irony from Mr. Whatabout is staggering.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:21:00 pm by faberryman »

James Clark

« Reply #2069 on: November 21, 2020, 08:22:51 pm »

That hasn’t been my experience.

faberryman

« Reply #2070 on: November 21, 2020, 08:30:03 pm »

Meanwhile in El Paso:

The National Guard has been deployed to El Paso to provide support with the morgue crisis

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-national-guard-has-been-deployed-to-el-paso-to-provide-support-with-the-morgue-crisis/ar-BB1beN5k

faberryman

« Reply #2071 on: November 21, 2020, 08:35:43 pm »

Trump went golfing today instead of attending the G20 pandemic preparedness session. What pandemic?

Trump attends his final G-20 summit but does not participate in pandemic preparedness session

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/21/trump-does-not-attend-g-20-event-on-global-pandemic-preparedness.html

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2072 on: November 21, 2020, 09:20:01 pm »

Trump went golfing today instead of attending the G20 pandemic preparedness session. What pandemic?

Trump attends his final G-20 summit but does not participate in pandemic preparedness session

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/21/trump-does-not-attend-g-20-event-on-global-pandemic-preparedness.html

Well, that's par for the course, really.

(Sorry)
--
Robert

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #2073 on: November 21, 2020, 11:48:05 pm »

Alan, I am not sure where you get that idea from...certainly the non-America folks on this forum all seem to come from countries that have been traditional allies and friends over the last 100 years. No-one likes to see friends fighting amongst themselves.

I speak for myself when I say it is more bewilderment at what is going on over there. It seems to me that 51% of Americans are very much like most other normal people in other countries...it is the other half who thought that four more years of this chaos and division was a good idea that baffles the hell out of me.

Hatred? No. Jealousy? I have been there twice and am quite happy right here where I am, thank you!

Have you smelled the soil of Africa or seen the sun set over the Chobe River... or even Table Mountain..?  :)
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #2074 on: November 22, 2020, 02:31:20 am »

The part I'm disgusted with is that because of the presidential election, the virus was made into a political football.  That reason and balance were thrown out the window as each side jockeyed for political advantage.

Possibly because the first rule of government is to protect the people. So quite legitimately Biden was pointing out that he would take the pandemic more seriously than Trump. Perhaps you can stop playing “political football” now and get behind your new government in trying to control the virus, except Trump who can carry on playing golf.

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #2075 on: November 22, 2020, 02:52:04 am »

Are you paranoid?  I read this forum quite often, and I cannot recall any jealousy or hate directed at the US. Quite a lot of hate directed at certain politicians I agree. All countries have problems, we certainly do in the UK. There, does that make you feel better?  In fact we have a useless Prime Minister, a major Brexit problem, and it’s cold and wet today.
But Trump is still an a******* and you cannot really deny that.

Jim

PS - please also note that I do not hate Trump either. I think to hate someone you have to know them really well. I find Trumps language both verbal and body repulsive. I can forgive the US for electing him in the first place, but for defending him now.....?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 02:58:36 am by Jim Pascoe »

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #2076 on: November 22, 2020, 05:40:19 am »

I think Giuliani needs to read (and follow) this: Federal Rules of Civil Procedure

Especially this point:
(3) the factual contentions have evidentiary support or, if specifically so identified, will likely have evidentiary support after a reasonable opportunity for further investigation or discovery

I have no problem with Trump and his team trying to get their way in court but I do have a problem with trumpetting the existence of "mountains of evidence" which then deflates and results in wasting everybodies time and US taxpayer money by bringing absolutely no evidence in these cases. After judge Brann called the legal claim in Pennsylvania a "Frankenstein Monster" I'm surprised he didn't determine this to be a frivolous lawsuit and didn't slap some corrosponding penalties on the plaintiffs.   
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2077 on: November 22, 2020, 05:45:24 am »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2078 on: November 22, 2020, 05:52:52 am »

... It seems to me that 51% of Americans are very much like most other normal people in other countries...it is the other half who thought that [the next] four... years of *... was a good idea that baffles the hell out of me :)

I totally agree with you!

* burning down cities, abolishing the 1st amendment, abolishing police, abolishing prisons, abolishing private property, abolishing ICE, open borders, free everything, total government control of what we do, what we say, what we think, where we can go, who can we be with, etc., etc., etc.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2079 on: November 22, 2020, 06:01:37 am »

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 808   Go Up