Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 470792 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #2040 on: November 21, 2020, 02:08:11 pm »

Actually, I don't think it will reach that point again.  Doctors have learned a lot since the Spring. Care in hospitals has changed.  There are now drugs they can give.    Breathers aren't required as much.  Better procedures are in place. Even in the Spring, the hospital ships were hardly used and were removed.  Hospitals they built also had minimal use and were shut down in short order. I suspect this is going to be a very bad season.  What with the holidays, and cold weather when people stay in more, rates are going to escalate a lot.  That's probably what's happening now in Canada as well.  Actually, it might be a good time to go to Florida so you can stay out in the fresh, clean, and healthy air taking in all those warm tropical breezes.

As to the hospitals with minimal use, that was so in the summer, but now many hospitals, not only in USA, but in many other countries are already running out of beds and personnel.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/hospital-icus-running-space-due-covid-19-surges/story?id=74169792 -
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 02:16:49 pm by LesPalenik »

faberryman

« Reply #2041 on: November 21, 2020, 02:18:47 pm »

The towering intellect of Rudy Giuliani can't even get the states right in his affidavit.

Rudy Giuliani cites affidavit about Michigan that erroneously includes Minnesota locations

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/11/21/fact-check-rudy-giuliani-affidavit-errors/6366011002/

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2042 on: November 21, 2020, 02:21:44 pm »

The towering intellect of Rudy Giuliani can't even get the states right in his affidavit.

Rudy Giuliani cites affidavit about Michigan that erroneously includes Minnesota locations

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/11/21/fact-check-rudy-giuliani-affidavit-errors/6366011002/

I wonder if he could pass the US Citizenship test.

chez

« Reply #2043 on: November 21, 2020, 02:25:42 pm »

I wonder if he could pass the US Citizenship test.

I wonder if he could even spell his name correctly.

faberryman

« Reply #2044 on: November 21, 2020, 02:36:02 pm »

Well, it looks like Tucker Carlson may not be the 2024 Republican candidate for president after all. He had the audacity to tell his Trump supporting audience that super lawyer Sidney Powell hadn't provided him with a shred of evidence to support her international voting fraud conspiracy theory. So Trump supporters are abandoning his show.

Tucker Carlson backlash tells us something important about some Trump supporters

"This is all to say we are at a place — a bad place — where some Trump supporters will not believe any info that runs contrary to the Trump narrative, even if it's Tucker Carlson delivering it. Dare to dissent from the Trump camp — even politely and regarding a deranged conspiracy theory — and even someone like Carlson will be attacked and called a traitor."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/media/tucker-carlson-fox-news-traitor/index.html

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2045 on: November 21, 2020, 02:36:10 pm »

I wonder if he could even spell his name correctly.

or read the hair dye instructions.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2046 on: November 21, 2020, 02:47:41 pm »

... suggesting at a press conference that COVID could be treated by injecting disinfectant into patients' lungs...

That's just flatly a lie.

If you are doing if for fun and trolling, that's fine. Otherwise, it is just going to become the case of a lie told a thousand times that became truth. Like many other lies about Trump.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2047 on: November 21, 2020, 02:51:01 pm »

... You should be disgusted with your countries handling of this virus...j

I, for one, am.

Disgusted by just how many commie/fascist governors and mayors there are, imposing idiotic lockdowns and useless muzzle mandates.

P.S. @Chris Kern > how am I doing?  ;)

chez

« Reply #2048 on: November 21, 2020, 02:52:00 pm »

If you are doing if for fun and trolling, that's fine. Otherwise, it is just going to become the case of a lie told a thousand times that became truth. Like many other lies about Trump.

But isn't that Trump's exact strategy...tell a lie a hundred times and it becomes the truth?

How many times have we heard Trump repeat the lie "The Democrats stole the election"? Now he's got his sheeple believing it as well.

faberryman

« Reply #2049 on: November 21, 2020, 02:52:23 pm »

I listened to the press conference live, and that was what I heard. I couldn't believe it. He obviously had no idea what he was talking about, which is not itself unusual. I seem to remember that Trump later said that was what he said, but that he was being sarcastic. If that was not what he said, why would he say he was being sarcastic? In addition, disinfectant manufacturers were so alarmed, they took to social media to warn the nation not to ingest their products. If you heard the press conference live, you may have interpreted what he said differently. If you did not hear the press conference live, you may have read what other people said they heard. I have seen his remarks spun any number of ways. Regardless, I believe that was one of his last, if not his last, COVID press conference. He just quit dealing with the issue after that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 03:44:33 pm by faberryman »

chez

« Reply #2050 on: November 21, 2020, 02:53:15 pm »

I, for one, am.

Disgusted by just how many commie/fascist governors and mayors there are, imposing idiotic lockdowns and useless muzzle mandates.

P.S. @Chris Kern > how am I doing?  ;)

Slobo, you ran away from the US...you don't count anymore.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2051 on: November 21, 2020, 02:54:33 pm »

... that was what I heard.

No one can help you with that, when you hear what you want to hear, and not what is said.

James Clark

« Reply #2052 on: November 21, 2020, 03:00:40 pm »

Slobo, you ran away from the US...you don't count anymore.

Not cool.  He's still a citizen, and left for valid personal reasons.

Edit.. And even if he wasn't, I don't really understand the issue with "foreigners" opining on the USA.  We do, after all, have a global impact on economy, culture, stability etc.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 03:03:51 pm by James Clark »

faberryman

« Reply #2053 on: November 21, 2020, 03:30:35 pm »

No one can help you with that, when you hear what you want to hear, and not what is said.

Here is a transcript of Trump's comments on bright lights and disinfectants:

“So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you’re into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn’t been checked but you’re gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you’re gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it’d be interesting to check that. So you’re going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that’s pretty powerful.”

Did anyone ingest disinfectant after hearing Trump's comments? I don't remember. I'd have to do the research. It would not surprise me. I do remember that some guy drank some fish tank stuff that contained hydroxychloroquine after one of Trump's many testimonials on the efficacy of that treatment.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 03:42:04 pm by faberryman »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2054 on: November 21, 2020, 03:41:37 pm »

Here is your initial claim:

(bold mine)

... suggesting at a press conference that COVID could be treated by injecting disinfectant into patients' lungs.

And what Trump said:

... is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside...

It was a question, a musing, a brainstorming.

Not unlike when you were sitting with your girlfriend on the grass, your hand across her shoulder, gazing into the stars and the moon, prior to 1969, and said: "Imagine if one day a man could walk on the moon... that would be interesting"  Did she think you were crazy?

faberryman

« Reply #2055 on: November 21, 2020, 04:00:45 pm »

Here is your initial claim:

(bold mine)

And what Trump said:

I see how you could argue that after the fact when you are looking at a transcript and parsing the sentences. I will note that there is no question mark at the end of the sentence you quoted, but maybe somebody else's transcript of his remarks does use a question mark. The thing is when I heard him speaking live, it sure sounded like a suggestion to me. But maybe I was so overwhelmed by the sheer inanity of his remarks, I misinterpreted him. I don't think I was the only one.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2020/04/25/calls-to-poison-centers-spike--after-the-presidents-comments-about-using-disinfectants-to-treat-coronavirus/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:11:03 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #2056 on: November 21, 2020, 04:27:12 pm »

Not unlike when you were sitting with your girlfriend on the grass, your hand across her shoulder, gazing into the stars and the moon, prior to 1969, and said: "Imagine if one day a man could walk on the moon... that would be interesting"  Did she think you were crazy?

I don't think I ever tried out that line on any of my girlfriends.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:52:58 pm by faberryman »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2057 on: November 21, 2020, 05:40:44 pm »

In 1969, you could even tell the girl that she had a beautiful body. Imagine that now.

faberryman

« Reply #2058 on: November 21, 2020, 06:32:07 pm »

Some Trump voters vow to destroy the GOP in Georgia and boycott Senate run-off elections

https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-trump-supporters-destroy-gop-boycott-senate-runoffs-1549245

faberryman

« Reply #2059 on: November 21, 2020, 07:08:24 pm »

Team Trump's legal "elite strike force" strikes again in Pennsylvania:

"The brief filed Saturday, which is littered with spelling errors, including the governor's name, alleges that illegal votes were counted and poll watchers were unable to access vote counting — allegations that the Trump campaign dropped just last Sunday, before Rudy Giuliani was put in charge of the president's growing legal challenges."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-campaign-seeks-to-stop-certification-of-pennsylvanias-election-results-again

-------

The following dismissal appears to be the same case as the one in which Team Trump filed the aforementioned brief. The following holding is from the same Judge Brann in front of whom Giuliani argued on Tuesday.

"One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption, such that this Court would have no option but to regrettably grant the proposed injunctive relief despite the impact it would have on such a large group of citizens. That has not happened," Brann added. "Instead, this Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/politics/federal-judge-dismisses-trump-pennsylvania-lawsuit/index.html

This from the Washington Post:

"Brann wrote on Saturday that Trump’s attorneys had haphazardly stitched this allegation together “like Frankenstein’s Monster” in an attempt to avoid unfavorable legal precedent."

Haphazardly at $20,000/day?

---------

And in Michigan, black voters are fighting back, filing suit against Trump and his campaign.

Group of Black voters in Detroit suing President Trump, citing voting rights abuses & disenfranchisement

https://www.wxyz.com/news/group-of-black-voters-suing-president-trump-citing-voting-rights-abuses-disenfranchisement
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:04:45 pm by faberryman »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 808   Go Up