Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 470448 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #1420 on: November 15, 2020, 11:53:59 am »

During war, there are casualties.  Trump was the first president to try something more than complaining verbally about their theft of our property.  When someone is banging you over the head and you defend yourself, you're going to get bruised.  Should we just continue to let them steal our stuff and act like a bunch of women and do nothing?  What do you recommend we should do?  What should Biden do?  It's easy to complain.  But what do you suggest we do to stop them?
Again -  and most of the time - you do not respond to the questions- just start about something else, So why respond?
it is just plain stupid that Trump created the trade vacuum that is now filled by China.
Then with all your war rethoric : Trump never went to war...he avoided it. What is your problem with women? What are you talking about?
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1421 on: November 15, 2020, 11:56:46 am »

You appear to be adopting Trump's mysogeny. It is not a good look.
I put it in there to get a rise from you.  Of course you took the bait and ignored the important parts, as usual.  People today are so caught up in not wanting to offend anyone, they can't separate the wheat from the chaff.   

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1422 on: November 15, 2020, 11:59:59 am »

Is that your opinion or do you have facts to back it up.  I want a peer review link to prove it.  :)
Yes I have the facts: YOUR multiple posts here speaking for others! Your peers (being kind to you in saying so) can see and read them all. Your bubble apparently hides your own writings from your ability to comprehend what you type.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1423 on: November 15, 2020, 12:02:44 pm »

Frank, how about we make a deal?  Let's both stop asking each other for facts for giving our opinions.  It's a little silly, wouldn't you say? After all, opinions are just that - opinions.  That's like Nikon and Canon fan-boys asking each other for facts proving their cameras are the best.  :)
You are of course entitled to your uninformed opinions on this and other subjects. As I and others are entitled to fact based data points and thus how we firm opinions. Here is what is silly: If only you could see the difference between the two kinds of posts.

faberryman

« Reply #1424 on: November 15, 2020, 12:03:05 pm »

I put it in there to get a rise from you.  Of course you took the bait and ignored the important parts, as usual.  People today are so caught up in not wanting to offend anyone, they can't separate the wheat from the chaff.   

A likely story.

I ignored the "important parts" because I deemed them to be more of your nonsense, and a waste of time to engage with you on.

But, I will ask you what this wheat and chaff is that you are referring to?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:49:03 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #1425 on: November 15, 2020, 12:06:11 pm »

Frank, how about we make a deal?  Let's both stop asking each other for facts for giving our opinions.  It's a little silly, wouldn't you say? After all, opinions are just that - opinions.  That's like Nikon and Canon fan-boys asking each other for facts proving their cameras are the best.  :)

I'll repeat: I have not asked you for facts to back up your opinions since you told me doing so was impolite and an act of bad faith.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1426 on: November 15, 2020, 12:08:00 pm »

Again -  and most of the time - you do not respond to the questions- just start about something else, So why respond?
it is just plain stupid that Trump created the trade vacuum that is now filled by China.
Then with all your war rethoric : Trump never went to war...he avoided it. What is your problem with women? What are you talking about?

I answered the question.  Do I have to spell it all out.  Trump didn't care about the the Asia trade agreement. If those other countries want to get screwed by China, let them. They're big boys and can make their own decisions.  He cared more about China screwing America.  Would you do a deal with a thief?  Why would he do a trade deal with China and those other Asian countries that doesn't include stopping them from stealing our intellectual property?  So there was no way he could be involved with it.  If and when China respects us, then we can join that agreement or make separate agreements.  Meanwhile, screw them. 

There's a lot of anger in America about China especially because of the virus.   Democrats as well as Republicans have had it with China stealing out stuff.  Here's a prediction.  Biden will go along with what Trump did.  Oh, he may change the policy a little just to show he's his own man.  (Can I say that?  Or is it misogynist?)   But he'll continue putting pressure on China.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1427 on: November 15, 2020, 12:10:23 pm »

You are of course entitled to your uninformed opinions on this and other subjects. As I and others are entitled to fact based data points and thus how we firm opinions. Here is what is silly: If only you could see the difference between the two kinds of posts.
I'll be glad to make the same deal with you as Frank.  Just let me know.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1428 on: November 15, 2020, 12:10:50 pm »

I ignored the "important parts" because I deemed them to be more of your nonsense, and a waste of time to engage with you on.
It is just impossible to puncture the unreality bubble surrounding a fact denier who also speaks for everyone. We can only attempt to sway those with open minds towards facts, data, science etc.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1429 on: November 15, 2020, 12:14:39 pm »

Your deal of acknowledged misinformation to provide data and facts, to backup opinions? No thanks sir. It's not a deal.
The biggest problem as humans is ignorance, not malevolence. Ignorance is an entirely curable disease.” - John Stewart
You probably still believe 'all prints are 300 DPI" despite having any facts to back up that misinformed opinion you've attempted to pass onto others or you've cured that disease? 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:34:00 pm by digitaldog »

chez

« Reply #1430 on: November 15, 2020, 12:25:24 pm »

Trump started his administration by blatantly lying about the size of his inauguration crowd and ends his administration by blatantly lying about the size of his so-called Million MAGA March.

And throughout the two events, Trump lies about his golf score.

faberryman

« Reply #1431 on: November 15, 2020, 12:30:54 pm »

I'll repeat again for emphasis: I have not asked you for facts to back up your opinions since you told me doing so was impolite and an act of bad faith.  In fact, I have gone out of my way to affirm that you are entitled to have your opinions, fact-free or otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:45:18 pm by faberryman »

chez

« Reply #1432 on: November 15, 2020, 12:32:02 pm »

No president completes all his policy initiatives.  He made a start.  Now the new president has to complete it if he feels it's worthwhile, as most Americans believe that we should stop China from stealing our intellectual property.  How would you like someone stealing your photographs?

Well Obama started Obama care...what did Trump do to complete this initiative. In fact...what did Trump do to continue / complete any initiative Obama started. Seems to me Trump undid just about every initiative Obama initiated...just to spite.

faberryman

« Reply #1433 on: November 15, 2020, 12:32:26 pm »

I answered the question.  Do I have to spell it all out.

Normally one does in a discussion.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1434 on: November 15, 2020, 12:36:23 pm »

When it comes to Iran; I think there are signs on the wall that something might happen:
1 weakening of Iran with sanctions ( + Covid)
2 selling loads of weapons and drones to Saoudi Arabia .
(What forever for do they need so much weapons  but for using it in a war? as they already did in Jemen)
3 Selling of US deep penetrating bombs to Israel.
4 Building an alliance of surrounding muslim countries against Iran while accepting Israel... ( peace treaties?)
The way I see it is clear to me that Iran will not be attacked by the US, but by this alliance of nations feeded with US high tech weaponry.
No US soldier dies; The US makes huge profits on the weapons. Iran gone. Great deal.
Weapons are only profitable as they are sold. The US has far tooo much of them, costing tremendous, doing nothing. Keeping a lot of citizen employed.
Defense?; A destroy business.

I wonder if the USA regrets sticking their nose into Iran's internal affairs in 1941 and installing their boy, the last Shah. Made a lot of enemies doing that, still paying the price 80 years later.
--
Robert

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #1435 on: November 15, 2020, 12:36:55 pm »

Trump didn't care about the the Asia trade agreement. If those other countries want to get screwed by China, let them. They're big boys and can make their own decisions.  He cared more about China screwing America.  Would you do a deal with a thief?  Why would he do a trade deal with China and those other Asian countries that doesn't include stopping them from stealing our intellectual property?  So there was no way he could be involved with it.

China was never a signatory to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, nor was it expected to be: in order to become one, the Chinese government would have had to conform to international trading standards, including protection of intellectual property.  The T.P.P. was designed to make it economically attractive for Pacific rim countries to trade with each other profitably within a rules-based system precisely in order to make them less vulnerable to Chinese influence.

The Bush, Obama, and Trump Administrations all made similar efforts to deter theft of intellectual property by Chinese companies and the Chinese government, as have a number of European governments.  Multilateral trade agreements are the most effective way to accomplish this.  Improved information security—e.g., better defenses against computer "hacking"—also help, but each new defensive mechanism is likely to be countered with a new offensive mechanism, so the benefits tend to be transitory.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1436 on: November 15, 2020, 12:37:38 pm »

The election is over.  No one cares anymore.  Time to let go of Trump.  Now it's our chance to make fun of your guy.  :)

Making fun of politicians is normal. It's sticking up for everything they do that's not normal.
--
Robert

chez

« Reply #1437 on: November 15, 2020, 12:41:35 pm »

During war, there are casualties.  Trump was the first president to try something more than complaining verbally about their theft of our property.  When someone is banging you over the head and you defend yourself, you're going to get bruised.  Should we just continue to let them steal our stuff and act like a bunch of women and do nothing?  What do you recommend we should do?  What should Biden do?  It's easy to complain.  But what do you suggest we do to stop them?

Trump tried...but exactly what did he succeed. I know he tried to bring back off shore manufacturing...did he succeed at all? I know he tried to decrease the trade deficit with China...did he succeed at all. He tried to reduce North Korea's missile developments...did he succeed.

It's easy to mouth off all these things he's going to do...it's another thing to actually follow through and succeed. Trump failed at all his initiatives and the States are worse off for it.

jeremyrh

« Reply #1438 on: November 15, 2020, 12:55:12 pm »

It is just impossible to puncture the unreality bubble surrounding a fact denier who also speaks for everyone. We can only attempt to sway those with open minds towards facts, data, science etc.

Are you referring to Alan, or to Trump?

jeremyrh

« Reply #1439 on: November 15, 2020, 12:58:46 pm »

Americans could save a lot of money and use for ourselves if we withdraw from Europe and let the Dutch and the rest of Europe defend itself.  You're perfectly capable of doing that.  It's not 1948 and the Iron Curtain is long gone. 

Are you under the illusion that US forces are in Europe as an act of charity? How naive can you get?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 808   Go Up