Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 472337 times)

faberryman

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #1460 on: November 15, 2020, 02:40:40 pm »

It takes a  pr**k who likes to duke it out to put up with BS attacks and stick with a minority viewpoint.

I would agree that Trump is a prick with a minority viewpoint. I wouldn't say he put up with attacks, BS or otherwise. He whined about them all day, every day for four years, and is still at it. There is some speculation that he will establish a Trump TV channel, and continue to whine until his dying breath. Fortunately, tuning into it will be optional.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1461 on: November 15, 2020, 02:49:19 pm »

Read much John le Carre?
Not since The Spy that came in from the Cold.   I tried another one of his, but couldn't get into it.  But are the Communists still there?  Most of those have always been PM's not Russians.  :)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1462 on: November 15, 2020, 02:52:26 pm »

Those words might come back to haunt you.  :)

Why would it, I do it all the time when I pay attention to them. It's hard not to frankly.

--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1463 on: November 15, 2020, 02:52:44 pm »

I would agree that Trump is a prick with a minority viewpoint. I wouldn't say he put up with attacks, BS or otherwise. He whined about them all day, every day for four years, and is still at it. There is some speculation that he will establish a Trump TV channel, and continue to whine until his dying breath. Fortunately, tuning into it will be optional.
Well, CNN and MSNBC and others whined about him for 5 years.  He made them all rich.  What are they going to do without him?  Sometimes you need to watch what you pray for.  You may get it.

faberryman

« Reply #1464 on: November 15, 2020, 03:05:01 pm »

Well, CNN and MSNBC and others whined about him for 5 years.  He made them all rich.  What are they going to do without him?  Sometimes you need to watch what you pray for.  You may get it.

Always the deflection.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1465 on: November 15, 2020, 03:10:01 pm »

Always the deflection.
Why are you deflecting?  Why not comment on my point about CNN and MSNBC

faberryman

« Reply #1466 on: November 15, 2020, 03:28:05 pm »

Why are you deflecting?  Why not comment on my point about CNN and MSNBC

Pointing out that you are deflecting is not a deflection.

With regard to CNN and MSNBC, I have no doubt there will be enough news for those networks to fill a 24-hour news cycle without Trump. The world has not stopped turning because Trump will no longer be president. Well, maybe for his supporters it has. I watched less news during the last four four years than I did in the preceding four years, largely because I was so sick of hearing from and about Trump, I couldn't bear to turn the news on. Why ruin an otherwise nice day? Perhaps other viewers felt the same way. I used to watch a fair amount of Fox News before Trump. Maybe I'll go back to watching them some, if they can somehow extricate themselves from being all Trump, all the time. I liked Shep Smith in the afternoons, but of course he's gone now. Brett is okay, but a little low on the likeability meter. If they stick with those idiots on Fox & Friends in the morning, and Tucker, Sean, Laura, and Lou in the evenings, I won't be interested.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 05:39:14 pm by faberryman »

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #1467 on: November 15, 2020, 04:01:22 pm »

I thought you all need to know that translating "bear pit" literally into Dutch it means "septic tank". How appropriate. I think it's time to close this eye and nose sore.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1468 on: November 15, 2020, 04:06:18 pm »

I thought you all need to know that translating "bear pit" literally into Dutch it means "septic tank". How appropriate. I think it's time to close this eye and nose sore.
As expected, OT. Not appropriate but expected. Please, close your eyes, no one is forcing you to appear in this thread. Maybe open your eyes to the possibility of taking a picture and sharing it; anywhere....  :P
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

chez

« Reply #1469 on: November 15, 2020, 04:13:18 pm »

So I take it you love diving into the septic tank...otherwise why are you here?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1470 on: November 15, 2020, 04:21:09 pm »

So I take it you love diving into the septic tank...otherwise why are you here?
To illustrate confusion caused by sensor heat above the shoulders.  ;D

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #1471 on: November 15, 2020, 04:36:18 pm »

To illustrate confusion caused by sensor heat above the shoulders.  ;D
So, now you are a Dutch language expert? Or would I, being born and raised in the Netherlands and having lived there 35 years?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #1472 on: November 15, 2020, 04:40:15 pm »

So, now you are a Dutch language expert?
OT again: never said I was; simply pointing to one that is.
Your expertise? No evidence it has anything related to photography. That's where we do differ. 😱

jeremyrh

« Reply #1473 on: November 15, 2020, 04:53:16 pm »

Parts of Ukraine are Russian. 

They are now, which is exactly the point.

faberryman

« Reply #1474 on: November 15, 2020, 05:18:20 pm »

Trump tweeted today:

"I look forward to Mayor Giuliani spearheading the legal effort to defend OUR RIGHT to FREE and FAIR ELECTIONS! Rudy Giuliani, Joseph diGenova, Victoria Toensing, Sidney Powell, and Jenna Ellis, a truly great team, added to our other wonderful lawyers and representatives!"

What a rogue's gallery of legal "talent".

"President Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani on Sunday insisted that the presidential election would be “overturned,” claiming he had “evidence” that “corrupt machines” had deleted millions of votes for Trump — but couldn’t share it."

This is the QAnon conspiracy theory that Dominion voting machines changed millions of votes from Trump to Biden.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/15/giuliani-claims-election-will-be-overturned-without-evidence/

Inquiring minds want to know if Melania is going to decorate the White House this year. We know how she feels about it:

“Who gives a fuck about Christmas stuff and decoration?... Give me a fucking break"

To be honest, I would just as soon she not.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 01:32:06 am by faberryman »

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #1475 on: November 15, 2020, 06:08:01 pm »

Trump tweeted today:

"I look forward to Mayor Giuliani spearheading the legal effort to defend OUR RIGHT to FREE and FAIR ELECTIONS!"

Yup: Rudy can summon spirits from the vasty deep.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1476 on: November 15, 2020, 09:28:45 pm »

Trump tweeted today:

"I look forward to Mayor Giuliani spearheading the legal effort ...

Funny how he used "Mayor" when Rudy hasn't been a mayor for a while now. People do that a lot, I've noticed, an example is when addressing a retired General as "General" in interviews. I assume it's a respectful form of address, but I didn't think it should necessarily be used in all circumstances. One usage that I find hilarious is when sports announcers are interviewing a former coach and defer to him as "Coach" during the conversation.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1477 on: November 15, 2020, 09:30:56 pm »

Trump tweeted today:

"I look forward to Mayor Giuliani spearheading the legal effort to defend OUR RIGHT to FREE and FAIR ELECTIONS! Rudy Giuliani, Joseph diGenova, Victoria Toensing, Sidney Powell, and Jenna Ellis, a truly great team, added to our other wonderful lawyers and representatives!"

What a rogue's gallery of legal "talent".

"President Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani on Sunday insisted that the presidential election would be “overturned,” claiming he had “evidence” that “corrupt machines” had deleted millions of votes for Trump — but couldn’t share it."

This is the QAnon theory that Dominion voting machines changed millions of votes from Trump to Biden.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/15/giuliani-claims-election-will-be-overturned-without-evidence/

Are they still soliciting donations for the lawsuits? What if when they stop the lawsuits they have donation money left over?
--
Robert

John Camp

« Reply #1478 on: November 15, 2020, 09:34:52 pm »

Funny how he used "Mayor" when Rudy hasn't been a mayor for a while now. People do that a lot, I've noticed, an example is when addressing a retired General as "General" in interviews. I assume it's a respectful form of address, but I didn't think it should necessarily be used in all circumstances. One usage that I find hilarious is when sports announcers are interviewing a former coach and defer to him as "Coach" during the conversation.

I think the honorary titles are pretty harmless, and might even be useful in indicating a specific expertise -- mayor, coach, referring to Obama as "Mr. President," ect. It's obvious, however, that some people don't deserve the honor, especially years after they stopped functioning as the holder of a particular title. Which doesn't mean that new titles couldn't be conferred. In Giuliani's case, I'd suggest "Dumb F**kin' Clown" unless part of that is reserved for Trump. You would want to distinguish between them, as difficult as that might be.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1479 on: November 15, 2020, 10:12:25 pm »

When I was running my own company, my title was President. That was before CEO became trendy. Nobody calls me President these days.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 808   Go Up