Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466415 times)

faberryman

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 01:34:31 pm »

Step by step. He is now.

So they did it incrementally so it didn't look suspicious? What masterminds. Glad you caught them red-handed. Who or what is the Red Pill Fairy?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:38:26 pm by faberryman »

John Camp

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 01:43:37 pm »

I think it is premature. Trump is ahead in the States that are not decided yet and that hold a lot of the remaining electoral votes, like Georgia, Pensilvania, and North Carolina.

Those states don't count. The only states that count now are Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada and the single-electoral district in Nebraska. Biden leads in all of those.

faberryman

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 02:00:50 pm »

It looks like Fox News can walk and chew gum at the same time. At the same time they are covering the election, they have found time to cover this important story:

Lori Loughlin is a 'wreck' during first few days in prison

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/lori-loughlin-prison-first-days-wreck-source

At least Fox News is covering it. All the commie/lib media have swept it under the rug.

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2020, 02:11:32 pm »

I do not vouch for the veracity of this Facebook post, and I am fully aware it might be a fake news, doctored, etc., but it shows an interesting point, if true: all the new ballots, 100% of them, went to Biden.

Again, this particular one might be fake, but it shows actually how to check results, i.e., by comparing tallying at various point in time:

https://www.facebook.com/soyouwantthetruthabout/photos/a.102244818268331/144911760668303/?type=3

This is from the guy who originated the info.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

faberryman

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 02:28:17 pm »

This is from the guy who originated the info.

Is he other than some random guy on the internet that likes to do Excel charts?

faberryman

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2020, 02:32:48 pm »

Since things are slow around here today, I’ll answer my own question about the Red Pill Fairy:

https://www.patreon.com/redpillfairy

Maybe there are more than one. This is the first one that popped up on Google.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:10:46 pm by faberryman »

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2020, 03:24:59 pm »

Adios amigos!  It's been a good run and LuLa is now past history for me.  Those of you who know me know how to contact me and those of you who don't care for my politics can shade a tear or maybe even laugh.  It's been a good run but the photography stuff here is not current any longer.  I'm still hanging out at Kevin's site.

See you all at the Last Chance Saloon some day.  Until then, take some good pictures.

Alan

faberryman

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2020, 03:33:42 pm »

I have been thinking about polling. I admit upfront that I don't really know how it works except that the pollster calls up a bunch of people, asks them questions, and tallies up the responses.  I was wondering how they handle someone like me who, when a pollster calls, immediately hangs up no matter whether the poll is about politics or potato chips. I guess they just cross me off the list, and keep calling until the reach the bottom of the list. That kind of takes out of the equation a certain kind of person. The question is is a hanger-upper more likely to vote for Trump or Biden, or for sour cream or barbeque chips.  Maybe polls erroneously showed Biden leading Trump in certain jurisdictions because Biden voters were less likely to hang up on the pollster than Trump voters, or, as has been suggested before, Trump voters lied and said they were voting for Biden because they didn't want to admit the were voting for Trump. I guess this would be more prevalent in political polls. Who is going to lie about what kind of potato chips they prefer? So how do you account for the hanger-uppers, if at all? You can't really poll the hanger-uppers because they hang up.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 03:56:07 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2020, 03:54:59 pm »

Anybody know why the country as a whole is roughly 50/50? Doesn't that strike anyone as odd? The Coke/Pepsi split is 42/31 for example.

TechTalk

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2020, 04:00:06 pm »

I do not vouch for the veracity of this Facebook post, and I am fully aware it might be a fake news, doctored, etc., but it shows an interesting point, if true: all the new ballots, 100% of them, went to Biden.

Again, this particular one might be fake, but it shows actually how to check results, i.e., by comparing tallying at various point in time:

So I looked at those charts you posted, and wondered why if the Biden folks were going to cheat, why didn't they cheat enough to put him in first place?

Step by step. He is now.

There is no mystery about this. No cheating. There is no 100% Biden vote dump story here. It isn't fake news, doctored, etc. It was a simple and obvious mistake by a human being doing data entry that was corrected very quickly. Naturally, that didn't prevent the false and frenzied claims of fraud from circulating thru social media.

Before putting stuff like this out on social media or posting it online (even with disclaimers), people should use their common sense, take a deep breath, and research what actually happened. But, that's not going to happen and so it becomes a reader beware scenario.

A couple of facts to consider before anyone gets over their skis on this "story" on social media.

- The "story" was based on a couple of screenshots of a media website called Decision Desk Headquarters (DDHQ) and not official reporting of verified vote totals from the Michigan Secretary of State's office.

- While entering an update to the vote tally for Shiawassee County in Michigan, someone accidentally added a zero on the end of Biden's vote tally for that county. A worker entered "153,710" when it was actually "15,371". The total population of Shiawassee County is only about 70,000 people. It was an obvious error in data entry which was momentarily displayed on Decision Desk Headquarters website before being corrected very quickly. But... not before someone made screen shots of the error and made up a narrative to go with the pictures.

https://twitter.com/ariehkovler/DDHQ Error

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/Data Entry Correction

https://heavy.com/news/fact-check-biden-ballots-michigan/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:09:53 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2020, 04:09:32 pm »

The way these elections are handled is worse than I could ever imagine.

It’s no better than what we see in small dictatorships in central America or in Africa. Claim victory before the voice of electors are counted? Really??? Keeping power against the will of citizens is the very definition of what a dictator is.

I asked here two months ago what people would do if Trump behaved this way. And I was told he would never do such a thing. That I was too anti-Trump.. yeah... right...

Looking at the big picture, strategists in China are looking at their rival in disbelief, how could America go down so fast? How can a President which such disdain for the spirit of the constitution and the rule of law be in contest for re-election?

What example does that give for the youth in the country and the world?

Whoever wins isn’t relevant.

Trump is of course the main culprit. But this isn’t just a person. It’s all those who support him knowing by now full well that he is a cheater and a thief. All these supporters who have been saying with utmost clarity that their fear is so uncontrollable that they prefer a dictator than someone who is going to unite the country.

In my view what these supporters have been saying above all is that they don’t want to be Americans anymore. Because America is a Democracy and the voice of the citizens are all counted to pick the President.

Regards,
Bernard

faberryman

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2020, 04:21:48 pm »

I asked here two months ago what people would do if Trump behaved this way. And I was told he would never do such a thing. That I was too anti-Trump.. yeah... right...

What? Trump is following the script that everyone expected, I dare say even his supporters. There is no shock or surprise. Let the officials tally up the uncounted votes and see how everything shakes out. Then we will have some recounts and litigation in some jurisdictions, and plenty of demagoguery, and the vote may change or not, and we will move on with whomever is declared the winner. Half the people are going to be happy and half the people are going to be disappointed regardless of who is elected. This is not the end of democracy as we know it. What is your primary source for US political news anyway? Way over dramatic.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:37:26 pm by faberryman »

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2020, 04:28:43 pm »

What? Trump is following the script that everyone expected, I dare say even his supporters. There is no shock or surprise. Let the officials tally up the uncounted votes and see how everything shakes out. Then we will have some recounts and litigation in some jurisdictions, and the vote may change or not, and we will move on. This is not the end of democracy as we know it. What is your primary source for US political news anyway?

Amen Brother.
Craig Lamson Photo

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2020, 04:31:22 pm »

What? Trump is following the script that everyone expected, I dare say even his supporters. There is no shock or surprise. Let the officials tally up the uncounted votes and see how everything shakes out. Then we will have some recounts and litigation in some jurisdictions, and the vote may change or not, and we will move on. This is not the end of democracy as we know it. What is your primary source for US political news anyway?

My viewpoint or information source has nothing to do with it.

You just admitted that I am right that Trump behaves as expected and as his supporters knew he was going to behave, which is as a dictator ignoring the will of Americans.

My point is that Americans willing to give up on their freedom don’t deserve to be Americans.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:36:14 pm by BernardLanguillier »

faberryman

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2020, 04:44:50 pm »

You just admitted that I am right that Trump behaves as expected and as his supporters knew he was going to behave, which is as a dictator ignoring the will of Americans.

He isn't ignoring the will of the people. Hell, the election isn't even over. Millions of votes are yet to be counted. He is just shooting his mouth off. Everyone knows that. If he loses and won't leave the White House, federal law enforcement will go in with a swat team, cuff him and drag his ass out. You way under estimate us.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2020, 04:50:59 pm »

He isn't ignoring the will of the people. Hell, the election isn't even over. Millions of votes are yet to be counted. He is just shooting his mouth off. Everyone knows that. If he loses and won't leave the White House, federal law enforcement will go in with a swat team, cuff him and drag his ass out. You way under estimate us.

I sincerely hope you are right.

But I have heard way too many times « you shouldn’t listen to what Trump says ». Because, as his very supporters say, « we like him because he does what he says ».

The sad reality is that many of them are ok with him to stay in power even if he looses.

And every single one of them should consider applying for North Korean citizenship because they don’t deserve better.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:10:33 pm by BernardLanguillier »

faberryman

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2020, 04:57:09 pm »

The sad reality is that many of them are ok with him to stay in power even if he looses.

And pray tell, how did you arrive at this conclusion? How many is "many"? You have been reading way too many articles from wherever you read articles.  What nonsense.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:12:26 pm by faberryman »

John Camp

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2020, 05:14:22 pm »

And pray tell, how did you arrive at this conclusion? How many is many? What nonsense.

I think Bernard might be right.

I don't know if you read The Online Photographer, Mike Johnston's blog which is one of the most intelligent photography blogs on the net, but on Sunday, he wrote a piece about the upcoming election and dealt with what he saw as the major problems with Donald Trump. Mike doesn't deal with politics on his blog, and this was a stark exception, and he didn't allow comments on the piece, but the thing he wrote was really educational. And, it suggests why Bernard may be right -- that people who suffer from narcissistic personality disorder, like Trump, often attract large numbers of people who need a narcissist to tell them what to do and what to think. In other words, they suffer from a related disorder, and that's what gives power to authoritarian leaders down through the ages: they need a messiah.

https://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2020/11/sunday-support-group-vote.html

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2020, 05:15:48 pm »

And pray tell, how did you arrive at this conclusion? How many is "many"? You have been reading way too many articles from wherever you read articles.  What nonsense.

I don’t know how many there are.

Cheers,
Bernard

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2020, 05:35:43 pm »

It's 4th November. From now, this thread is the only place at The Luminous Landscape in which political discussion (including discussion of climate change) is permitted: see here for more information.

Those who enter this thread do so at their own risk. I may read it myself, or I may look merely at complaints submitted to the moderators by outraged members who have strayed into it, accidentally or otherwise. I have closed down political discussion here because it was occupying too much of my time; if this thread intrudes similarly, it will not survive.

Jeremy

Perhaps a wise move. But I must point out that climate change IS NOT POLITICS. It's science, and science does no care what you believe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 808   Go Up