Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110342 times)

faberryman

Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2900 on: October 23, 2020, 08:44:13 pm »

Gee I wonder if Joe and Hunter ever talked business during all those flights on AF2?

I don't know. Maybe they did and maybe they didn't. If they did talk, I wonder what they said? I can think of two or three million things they may have talked about off the top of my head. But no one will ever know. Still, we can fantasize about it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 09:00:12 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #2901 on: October 23, 2020, 08:51:07 pm »

From the article:

NBC reporter Josh Lederman, who was one of four reporters on the December 2013 trip, noted in an October 2, 2019 report that, “What wasn’t known then was that as he accompanied his father to China, Hunter Biden was forming a Chinese private equity fund that associates said at the time was planning to raise big money, including from China.”

During the last year and a half of the Obama administration, Hunter Biden served on the board of Ukrainian energy firm Burisma Holdings while his father was heading up Ukraine policy. Judicial Watch is seeking records through six lawsuits and dozens of FOIA requests related to Hunter Biden’s dealings with the Ukrainian Burisma Holdings and the Chinese BHR Partners.

Is any of this news? I think those Judicial Watch FOIA lawsuits take a couple of years. Maybe we will know about this after we are all dead. Or not. I went over to the Judicial Watch website to see what they were up to these days. Looks like they are still pretty obsessed with Hillary's emails.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 09:22:39 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #2902 on: October 23, 2020, 08:57:43 pm »

Hunter Biden flew on  411 times to 29  countries with SS

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-releases/hunter-biden-flights/

Busy guy. I take it SS means Secret Service, as in Secret Service detail. Do you know off the top of your head how many flights to how many countries all the Trump children, wives, and others have taken with the "SS" since Trump took office?

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #2903 on: October 23, 2020, 09:02:45 pm »

Also from Fox News National Reporter Jacqui Heinrich twitter feed regarding Hunter Biden laptop emails...

FBI indicates it IS investigating POSSIBILITY of foreign interference on Hunter Biden laptop: “nothing to add” to Ratcliffe’s claim that it’s NOT Russian disinfo, adding if actionable intel develops, FBI *may* inform Homeland Security Cmte

Democratic official with knowledge of intelligence committee discussions tells me:

"The FBI will not confirm exactly what they are investigating – adding that this may relate to the ongoing investigation around Rudy Giuliani that has been recently reported...

...However, members of the intelligence committee have learned that the FBI is indeed investigating the provenance of the emails and whether it is part of a foreign disinformation operation – which the FBI would investigate whether or not the emails are real...

..The FBI’s handling of John Paul Mac Isaac indicates he is a target of the investigation, rather than a witness. Mac Isaac stated that he met with the FBI once or twice, then the FBI stopped talking to him...

...There is bipartisan skepticism surrounding Ratcliffe’s statement on Sunday, and this democratic source says they believe Ratcliffe was trying to state that the FBI has not confirmed that this is disinformation, as Adam Schiff suggested...

...However, Ratcliffe went too far in trying to provide political cover in support of the President, which is an inappropriate action for a DNI.

Ratcliffe is showing inexperience with intelligence by saying that the lack of intel proves there is no involvement...

...Folks within the FBI who are looking into this matter very much suspect, but do not know for sure, if foreign powers are at play...

...This source adds, members of both parties within the senate intelligence committee are skeptical of the idea that we would know definitively, at this time, the matter is not part of a foreign intel op - because has all the hallmarks of a potential foreign intel op...

... Regarding the FBI’s statement that they have “nothing to add” to Ratcliffe’s statement: They understand this to mean FBI has nothing to add about *available actionable intelligence* at this time, but the investigation is ongoing – not understand it as affirming Ratcliffe.

Finally - per my talks with sources tonight - Big bipartisan takeaway verified by Republican & Dem sides: as of now, investigators have revealed no evidence showing that this is a Russian disinfo campaign – but the investigation is ongoing, and it has not been ruled out. END.

https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/FBI indicates it IS investigating POSSIBILITY of foreign interference on Hunter Biden laptop

may, possibility, will not confirm, “sources”, indicates, believes Says Democrats with an interest in making this go away as quickly as possible.

Nice reporting there Wilfred.
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #2904 on: October 23, 2020, 09:02:56 pm »

But the issue is Hunter used his father, Air Force 2 and the office of the VP to advance his son's business interests.  VP Biden met with these officials advancing his son;s business interests.  Your Bubbi... points just confirms there was a business deal even if Joe Biden wasn't a listed member of the deal. For a guy who complained about how Eric and Don Jr used Donald's position as president for their business interests, you seem to shrug your shoulders and lose interest with this Biden deal.  You seem to have different standards depending on whose ox is being gored.

Anybody know if Hillary was a silent partner? Maybe Michelle?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 09:41:38 pm by faberryman »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #2905 on: October 23, 2020, 09:03:57 pm »

Busy guy. I take it SS means Secret Service, as in Secret Service detail. Do you know off the top of your head how many flights to how many countries all the Trump children, wives, and others have taken with the "SS" since Trump took office?

Not a clue, why don’t you tell us?
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #2906 on: October 23, 2020, 09:10:04 pm »

Not a clue, why don’t you tell us?

I couldn't keep up with it all. That's why I was hoping you would know.

TechTalk

« Reply #2907 on: October 23, 2020, 09:16:26 pm »

I hate to steer anyone away from the national campaigns, but this is just too good of an example of how NOT to conduct a political smear campaign that I couldn't resist. It does have sort of a familiar aroma.

Wichita Eagle October 23, 2020: Secret recording: O’Donnell, Capps, Clendenin plot how to get away with Whipple smear

https://amp.kansas.com/news/secret recording released Friday shows Republican officials sought to frame the county’s Republican chairman for falsified ad smearing mayoral candidate

Excerpts Below

A secret recording released Friday shows that three Republican officials sought to frame the county’s Republican chairman for a falsified ad they put together smearing then-mayoral candidate Brandon Whipple.

State Rep. Michael Capps said the anti-Whipple video was justifiable to derail Whipple’s candidacy, because he’s a “liberal Democrat.”

O’Donnell, Capps and Wichita City Council member James Clendenin were behind the plot. And when their involvement was coming to light, they decided to lie and frame members of their own party, the recording reveals.

Initially, they thought to implicate both county GOP Chairman Dalton Glasscock and County Clerk Kelly Arnold, a former chairman of the state Republican Party. They ultimately decided not to try to implicate Arnold because he was more capable of fighting back and they felt it was a war they couldn’t win.

In the secret recording — about 50 minutes long — O’Donnell, Clendenin and Capps craft a calculated narrative meant to mislead the public and cover their tracks while saving their political careers.

The fake ad, launched on Facebook and YouTube about two weeks before the November mayoral election, used paid actresses posing as legislative interns to falsely accuse Whipple of sexual harassment when he was a state representative.

One of those actresses told The Eagle she was paid $50 to read the script and told it would be used in a public-service message denouncing violence against women.

The script lifted accusations from a Kansas City Star/Wichita Eagle story about alleged Statehouse harassment by Republican senators and those accusations didn’t involve Whipple.

O’Donnell, who has fought off several scandals in his political career as a City Council member, state senator and county commissioner, offered a nugget of advice to the others.

“Like I’ve always learned in politics, it’s always avoid the truth at all expense, right? And just go on the attack.” O’Donnell said.

The four participants in the meeting brainstormed talking points for the Whitmer show and discussed how they could manufacture their narrative around a meeting with Glasscock that never happened.

At one juncture, Capps pointed out that Glasscock had been traveling out of town and asked O’Donnell to sift through his text messages and find a day when Glasscock was actually in Wichita, to add plausibility to Capps’ claim that he’d met with him.

They also settled on what their story would be if Capps were asked where the purported meeting occurred.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Craig Lamson

« Reply #2908 on: October 23, 2020, 09:17:17 pm »

I couldn't keep up with it all. That's why I was hoping you would know.

Here you go, it’s not broken down by person, but the Trumps travel a lot.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/trump-family-travel-12x-obama-family/
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #2909 on: October 23, 2020, 09:20:21 pm »

I hate to steer anyone away from the national campaigns, but this is just too good of an example of how NOT to conduct a political smear campaign that I couldn't resist. It does have sort of a familiar aroma.

Wichita Eagle October 23, 2020: Secret recording: O’Donnell, Capps, Clendenin plot how to get away with Whipple smear

https://amp.kansas.com/news/secret recording released Friday shows Republican officials sought to frame the county’s Republican chairman for falsified ad smearing mayoral candidate

Excerpts Below

A secret recording released Friday shows that three Republican officials sought to frame the county’s Republican chairman for a falsified ad they put together smearing then-mayoral candidate Brandon Whipple.

State Rep. Michael Capps said the anti-Whipple video was justifiable to derail Whipple’s candidacy, because he’s a “liberal Democrat.”

O’Donnell, Capps and Wichita City Council member James Clendenin were behind the plot. And when their involvement was coming to light, they decided to lie and frame members of their own party, the recording reveals.

Initially, they thought to implicate both county GOP Chairman Dalton Glasscock and County Clerk Kelly Arnold, a former chairman of the state Republican Party. They ultimately decided not to try to implicate Arnold because he was more capable of fighting back and they felt it was a war they couldn’t win.

In the secret recording — about 50 minutes long — O’Donnell, Clendenin and Capps craft a calculated narrative meant to mislead the public and cover their tracks while saving their political careers.

The fake ad, launched on Facebook and YouTube about two weeks before the November mayoral election, used paid actresses posing as legislative interns to falsely accuse Whipple of sexual harassment when he was a state representative.

One of those actresses told The Eagle she was paid $50 to read the script and told it would be used in a public-service message denouncing violence against women.

The script lifted accusations from a Kansas City Star/Wichita Eagle story about alleged Statehouse harassment by Republican senators and those accusations didn’t involve Whipple.

O’Donnell, who has fought off several scandals in his political career as a City Council member, state senator and county commissioner, offered a nugget of advice to the others.

“Like I’ve always learned in politics, it’s always avoid the truth at all expense, right? And just go on the attack.” O’Donnell said.

The four participants in the meeting brainstormed talking points for the Whitmer show and discussed how they could manufacture their narrative around a meeting with Glasscock that never happened.

At one juncture, Capps pointed out that Glasscock had been traveling out of town and asked O’Donnell to sift through his text messages and find a day when Glasscock was actually in Wichita, to add plausibility to Capps’ claim that he’d met with him.

They also settled on what their story would be if Capps were asked where the purported meeting occurred.

Wow Wilfred, that’s  simply amazing.  I sure glad only those dastardly Republicans would do such a thing. 
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #2910 on: October 23, 2020, 09:28:00 pm »

Here you go, it’s not broken down by person, but the Trumps travel a lot.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/trump-family-travel-12x-obama-family/

Well, if they traveled twelve times as much, then maybe they did twelve times as much sinister stuff. Bears looking into. Maybe some computer repair guy has all of their laptops, to sort of give us a running start.

faberryman

« Reply #2911 on: October 23, 2020, 09:39:01 pm »

Excerpts Below

If they made that into a TV show, how many seasons would it take to get though all that? I am thinking of sending this to PBS to see if they want to add it to their Masterpiece Mystery series.

TechTalk

« Reply #2912 on: October 23, 2020, 09:41:22 pm »

Wow Wilfred, that’s  simply amazing.  I sure glad only those dastardly Republicans would do such a thing.

You missed the point. The point isn't Republican or Democratic. Either party can have bad actors among such large nationwide organizations.

The point is regarding smear tactics... Before you swallow the bait, it's best to know the nature of the worm.

John Camp

« Reply #2913 on: October 23, 2020, 09:44:45 pm »

The lying is huge but then stuff like self-dealing from his nonprofit, which is literally stealing money from charities takes it to another level.

I think it's the massive income tax evasion which really takes it to a new level, because money from his nonprofit was never going to make it to a charity anyway, unless giving away portraits of himself is considered charity. 

Craig Lamson

« Reply #2914 on: October 23, 2020, 10:06:29 pm »

You missed the point. The point isn't Republican or Democratic. Either party can have bad actors among such large nationwide organizations.

The point is regarding smear tactics... Before you swallow the bait, it's best to know the nature of the worm.

No I read your post Wilfred, and I got your point then.  Now your coverup is even worse.  But without a doubt you have truly swallowed the worm.  Intellectually honesty be damned.

Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #2915 on: October 23, 2020, 10:23:47 pm »

I posted a news report from today that details a political smear campaign and an attempt to cover it up by framing someone else for doing it. Individuals can take away whatever point they choose from it.

The worm is in the eye of the beholder. If you think that's me, I'm fine with that.

https://www.youtube.com/The Twilight Zone - Eye of the Beholder (Short Clip)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:29:32 pm by TechTalk »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2916 on: October 23, 2020, 10:27:58 pm »

Since the topic of disinformation has come up now and then, I thought I'd point out this interesting podcast from the BBC's Trending program, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3cszvsd.

They provide some specific examples of disinformation campaigns that had been financed and organized by entities outside the US over the last few years. The mechanics of doing that are interesting in and of themselves. They go on to give examples of how disinformation campaigns have changed recently to more home grown operations.

They gave one example of how face creation AIs can be used to set up fake accounts on social media.

Sooner or later some people are going to start promoting the idea of limiting free speech to control all the lying. I hope adequate tools for dealing with this cancer can be found before going that dark road.
--
Robert

Craig Lamson

« Reply #2917 on: October 23, 2020, 10:34:51 pm »

I posted a news report from today that details a political smear campaign and an attempt to cover it up by framing someone else for doing it. Individuals can take away whatever point they choose from it.

The worm is in the eye of the beholder. If you think that's me, I'm fine with that.

https://www.youtube.com/The Twilight Zone - Eye of the Beholder (Short Clip)

No, just like your “expose” on Bobulinski, you posted it with glee.  The coverup continues.
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #2918 on: October 23, 2020, 10:41:01 pm »

If you don't like the news, you can always change the channel.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #2919 on: October 23, 2020, 10:44:35 pm »

If you don't like the news, you can always change the channel.

Why should I?  Its far too entertaining.  Comedy gold.
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 194   Go Up