Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110328 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1640 on: September 23, 2020, 09:47:38 pm »

I wish I agreed with you, but I think Bart's concerns are not unfounded.   From a lengthy article in The Atlantic released today:

Note that this *is not* unsourced or anonymous - a Trump battleground party chairman is willing to go on record and acknowledge that they are using the bullshit spectre of "voter fraud" to ignore the election outcome in the pursuit of retaining minority rule over a majority that wants this fool gone. These guys are begging for violence in the streets, and they're about to get it.

So whats the problem?  Given the sorry state of "voting" in Pennsylvania, for proof just look at the latest "ruling" on how mail in votes can be counted, exactly what do you expect?  For Trump to just roll over and play dead?  You mess with the bull and sometimes you get the horns. 

You seem to think all the unsolicited mail in ballots are all fine and dandy.

Mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania have previously been due by the time polls close on Election Day. But the court's order adds a three-day extension to receive ballots that are postmarked by 8 p.m. on Election Day. Ballots with a preelection postmark will now be counted as long as they are received by 5 p.m. on Nov. 6, three days after the polls close.

The court also wrote that ballots "received within this period that lack a postmark or other proof of mailing, or for which the postmark or other proof of mailing is illegible, will be presumed to have been mailed by Election Day unless a preponderance of the evidence demonstrates that it was mailed after Election Day.
"[/u]

Na, no potential for any fraud there...

I mean its not like the Dims are just sitting on their hands.  How many outcomes and potential remedies have they actually war gamed fro the election in general and how many laywers do they have on thier legal team? 

As for the violence in the streets, your side has been doing it for months.   Suddenly now its a problem?  Cry me a river. 

BTW, this is nothing new, I posted this exact possibility a few weeks back and our resident know it all told us it could never happen.  Again so whats the problem?
Craig Lamson Photo

James Clark

« Reply #1641 on: September 23, 2020, 09:51:38 pm »

Oh, speaking of making stuff up, another stupid wingnut fever dream comes to a crashing end, now that noted Moscow-tripper and Russian propaganda stooge Ron Johnson has released a scathing report that has determined that Hunter Biden's Burisma position was (get ready for it...) "awkward."

;D ;D ;D

Way to blow the whole G**D*** case wide open.   

Hey - maybe we should investigate this Q Anon stuff... That seems pretty legit.   ::)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:57:47 pm by James Clark »

James Clark

« Reply #1642 on: September 23, 2020, 09:56:50 pm »

Again so whats the problem?

The problem is that Trump and his people are actively setting the stage to contest an election based on claims that have simply never proven to be statistically relevant.  It's not that anyone wants to count "fake" ballots - it's that "your side" wants to proactively assert that the whole thing is suspect from the outset, so that if/when they lose, they can overturn/ignore the results, or so it appears.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #1643 on: September 23, 2020, 10:05:30 pm »

Oh, speaking of making stuff up, another stupid wingnut fever dream comes to a crashing end, now that noted Moscow-tripper and Russian propaganda stooge Ron Johnson has released a scathing report that has determined that Hunter Biden's Burisma position was "awkward."

;D ;D ;D

Way to blow the whole G**D*** case wide open.

Wow James, you don't care that crack pipe Hunter was using his Dad, Joe Hiden to shake down companies all over the world?  Somehow I think if the subject had a last name of Trump you would be in high dungeon.

You seem to be getting a bit testy. I know the poll numbers are not going your way and your candidate, such that he is, is a hot mess.  But chill out James.  Its going to be whatever it will be.  No matter who wins your life, and mine will continue ( if we don't die from covid or bankruptcy  :) )    Covid aside, Trump surely has not hurt you personally.  And unless the AOC wing gets their hooks in Biden, or Harris takes over there is a good chance they would not hurt mine. 

Cast your ballot.  Forget about all the rest.  Life goes on. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:13:17 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #1644 on: September 23, 2020, 10:07:34 pm »

The two-part documentary series "Agents of Chaos" on Russian election interference premieres tonight on HBO.

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/agents-of-chaos

"Agents of Chaos, a two-part documentary from director Alex Gibney (HBO’s The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley and Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief) examines Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Featuring interviews with key players and experts, classified information leaked by inside sources, and more, the film disentangles the complex details of Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and highlights the frightening vulnerabilities in America’s political process."

"The film is a product of years of reporting. With never-before-seen footage inside the Russian troll farms, and videos unearthed from the Russian deep web, the film digs deep into Russia’s sophisticated plans to undermine democracy, raising the alarm for the American public, but also proving that these “agents of chaos” weren’t Russians alone; they were also key players in the United States who, through venality, corruption or circumstance, furthered Putin’s goals, with a vulnerable and unsuspecting American public as their target."

Trailerhttps://www.youtube.com/Agents of Chaos (2020): Official Trailer | HBO

« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:40:23 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1645 on: September 23, 2020, 10:08:35 pm »

Does anyone think that Trump will call it a rigged election if he wins?   :)

--
Robert

Craig Lamson

« Reply #1646 on: September 23, 2020, 10:10:34 pm »

The problem is that Trump and his people are actively setting the stage to contest an election based on claims that have simply never proven to be statistically relevant.  It's not that anyone wants to count "fake" ballots - it's that "your side" wants to proactively assert that the whole thing is suspect from the outset, so that if/when they lose, they can overturn/ignore the results, or so it appears.

Its call planning James.  And your side is actively doing the same.  Do you for one second believe if Biden loses they won't go to war to prove the election was tainted and try to overturn it? 

This is not "never".  Its now and a very small set of bad votes and swing the whole mess.  Recent events show just how significant mail in vote problems can be. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:14:48 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

James Clark

« Reply #1647 on: September 23, 2020, 10:19:32 pm »

Wow James, you don't care that crack pipe Hunter was using his Dad, Joe Hiden to shake down companies all over the world?  Somehow I think if the subject had a last name of Trump you would be in high dungeon.

You can rest assured that if Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka were exiled off to the board of some random Eastern European energy company instead of trying to run my country because Daddy is the president, I'd be f'n thrilled.   ;)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:28:09 pm by James Clark »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #1648 on: September 23, 2020, 10:23:26 pm »

You can rest assured that if Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka were exiled off to the board of some random Eastern European energy company instead of trying to run my country because Dady is the president, I'd be f'n thrilled.   ;)

James, it's our country.  Just sayin.
Craig Lamson Photo

James Clark

« Reply #1649 on: September 23, 2020, 10:28:40 pm »

James, it's our country.  Just sayin.

You’re reading intent there where there was none.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #1650 on: September 23, 2020, 11:39:26 pm »

Its call planning James.  And your side is actively doing the same.  Do you for one second believe if Biden loses they won't go to war to prove the election was tainted and try to overturn it? 

This is not "never".  Its now and a very small set of bad votes and swing the whole mess.  Recent events show just how significant mail in vote problems can be.

I am just amazed by your total lack of ethics.

You appear to think that trying everything you can to prevent people from voting against you is fair game.

Are you a religious person Craig?

This is how a President needs to manage an electoral defeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOgwJ9uAMQ

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 05:15:58 am by BernardLanguillier »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #1651 on: September 24, 2020, 05:33:33 am »

Regarding violence, 98% of the burning and looting has come from the left and Democrats.

That's an interestingly precise figure, Alan. 98%. Are you quite sure it's not 97%, or 90%, or 99%? I'd be fascinated to see the statistics on which you base the assertion.

Just because you can keep saying something doesn't mean that it magically becomes true, Alan.

Alan doesn't accept that obvious truth, Peter.

Jeremy

Craig Lamson

« Reply #1652 on: September 24, 2020, 06:19:16 am »

You’re reading intent there where there was none.

Fair enough.
Craig Lamson Photo

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1653 on: September 24, 2020, 09:06:11 am »

That's an interestingly precise figure, Alan. 98%. Are you quite sure it's not 97%, or 90%, or 99%? I'd be fascinated to see the statistics on which you base the assertion.

Alan doesn't accept that obvious truth, Peter.

Jeremy
I'm not going to get into stupid word games you guys want to play.  I'l let other fair-minded readers decide what I meant.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1654 on: September 24, 2020, 09:08:29 am »

As the moderator Jeremy,  you particularly should stay out of it. It's inappropriate and petty.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1655 on: September 24, 2020, 09:11:03 am »

I'm not going to get into stupid word games you guys want to play.  I'l let other fair-minded readers decide what I meant.

I asked a question above but it got lost in the shuffle. Why do you think these violent "insurrections" keep happening?
--
Robert

faberryman

« Reply #1656 on: September 24, 2020, 09:57:00 am »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1657 on: September 24, 2020, 10:07:38 am »

The Manhattan district attorney has indicted Trump on tax fraud charges.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-vance/trump-could-face-tax-fraud-probe-manhattan-prosecutor-says-idUSKCN26C2W9

In the interests of saving time, Alan K is about to write that the timing of this is political, to which I would have responded, "Is there a time when indicting the sitting President would NOT have been political? Alan would then respond with something about Biden's son or about Obama.

(Just having some fun while we wait for the vaccine.  :)  )

--
Robert

Craig Lamson

« Reply #1658 on: September 24, 2020, 10:11:27 am »

The Manhattan district attorney has indicted Trump on tax fraud charges.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-vance/trump-could-face-tax-fraud-probe-manhattan-prosecutor-says-idUSKCN26C2W9

Indicted?  I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but nowhere do I see where Trump has been indicted.
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #1659 on: September 24, 2020, 10:26:10 am »

Indicted?  I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but nowhere do I see where Trump has been indicted.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 194   Go Up