Okay. 
And if you are not trying to make something of this, why post it? Really, what is your point here? Like I said, I dont see anything wrong with asking this, might as well try. But I dont think it would have anything to do with him implying that the USA should only have access to this technology.
As I can see you are a customer of this coffee corner. As such you surely be well aware of the numerous pointless discussions in it, over different subjects.
I got that info from the European press, especially the German but not only.
Since we're talking here of Covid and the subject was never touched, I threw it in.
As a result Alan Goldhammer wrote that it was fake news.
It could be that other people had some to say as well.
Maybe he's right, maybe he's not but in the era of tweetting and infotainment it is difficult to discern.
I take his info seriously and put it in the scales, trying to form an opinion
Maybe you call this "a point"?