Why have people in the USA such a hatred of their governments? I thought that they believed every word that fell from the lips of the various great leaders; if not, why elect them in the first place? Hoof the buggers out and bring in technocrats who may understand reality as distinct from political vote hunting.
If you are right, and Americans do turn out to be a bunch of lawbreaking nutters ignoring all the common-interest emergency rules, won't you all be delighted there are so many guns in their hands! Oh, didn't somebody on LuLa once suggest that the free markets will solve everything the guns were to protect the "American people" from the laws and powers of their own governments?
:-)
Our founding involved violently revolting against our government and the founding fathers purposely instilled this sentiment into our two most important documents, the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights.
It's bread into us, whether good or bad.
FYI, when I write these things, I am just taking into account the natural tendency of this country, to revolt. I, myself, am not calling for allowing people to do whatever they want currently.
I feel that two weeks is an appropriate amount of time for this, and then to make necessary modifications so the economy does not tank. Such as, allow economic activity of all sorts to start up again while taking additional measures to care for the sick and elderly.
If the current state of things are tried to be implemented for more then two, at most three, weeks, I'm waiving my middle finger at city hall, end of story. Unless people start dropping like flies from this, it is going to universally happen.