Jeremy, I though Tylenol is acetaminophen. Why is it more dangerous?
I believe it is, and I don't understand your question. More dangerous than what?
It's not problematic in Europe as it is sold behind the counter. In the US this is not the case. In addition it is formulated into a variety of cold and flu medications. In the US, more patients die of drug induced liver injury from acetaminophen than any other drug, Rx or OTC. It is also commonly used in suicides with referrals to emergency rooms with acetaminophen poisoning. Sure this should be preventable by moving it behind the counter but that's not the way it is here.
In the UK, paracetamol is widely sold in corner shops and supermarkets as well as in pharmacies, both in "pure" form and as a component of proprietary cold and 'flu remedies. It's stacked on shelves, not "behind the counter". I've bought it in supermarkets in France, Italy and Spain, and I'd be very surprised if it weren't readily available in other countries too.
Like all effective drugs, it has side effects and like all effective drugs it's toxic, potentially lethal, in acute overdose. That doesn't make it "problematic"; and I've no idea what you imagine would be accomplished by "moving it behind the counter": anyone who wanted to acquire a lethal dose could simply go to more than one shop.
If you want a "remedy" that's absolutely safe, try homeopathy.
Jeremy