Covid-19 is here and to stay; You cannot lock it out. You will have to deal with it. there is no safe place.
Your method is not preserving damage. A vaccin might be here in some time making the effects less grave, like with any other decease there is treatment for.
If you are true to this believe just get it, deal with it and see if you survive.
Sounds like a great plan to me!
I am currently sick with something, for two days now. Is it COVID19? Who knows?
But let's look at the mild symptoms. Headache, check. Sore throat, check. Cough, check. Body aches and muscle tiredness, check. Fever, dont know, I dont own a medical thermometer. Am I going to get tested for it, nope.
Whatever I have, it is a cake walk compared to the flu I got earlier this winter which had me, and my wife, in bed functionless for a week. I am functioning rather well right now with the exception of those symptoms mildly effecting me. Now before any looses their mind here, it is a slow season for me and, aside from a shoot planned this Wednesday of a movie theatre in Union Square, I have no immediate projects. And given the current state in NYC, I am pretty sure that shoot is getting cancelled, especially considering the GMs are not responding to my client's emails. So, I am self quarantining just due to the circumstances.
However, I am seriously considering just going into Manhattan to shoot exteriors for myself. Having streets as empty as they could ever be to shoot architecture is just, well, not to sound insensitive, music to my ears as an architectural photographer.
I feel like this whole situation is getting out of hand, especially with closing down the schools. Who usually takes care of kids when their parents are working, grandparents, that's who. Is that going to change, of course not. In essence we are setting up a situation where those whom, when contracting the virus don't show any symptoms, are going to be looked after by those whom are the most vulnerable. Sounds like a well thought out idea to me!
I am all for shutting down nursing homes and retirement communities to all but non-essential personal, and telling people not to visit the elderly or those with health conditions for a month or two.