Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica to relase a Sony A7 direct competitor?  (Read 44866 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Leica to relase a Sony A7 direct competitor?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 07:59:57 am »

Here it is then.... http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/look-here-first-images-of-the-new-leica-sl-with-lenses/

A clear A7 competitor using T mount! ...I guess I should say "bingo" too... I also expect that pricing on the shops will be a lot different.... kind of the same price policy as with the S-007...

Did I read correctly the 6,900 Euro for the body and 10,000 Euro for the zoom lens? ;)

That would get you one Nikon 24-70 f2.8 VR... and 4 additional copies to distribute to your friends...

This cannot be correct.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:03:50 am by BernardLanguillier »

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 10:11:20 am »

Never shot with a Canon in my life and never want to.

More kindred spirit than you thought!

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 10:22:00 am »

I was thinking: as I've black-taped out all the many logo/funny bit areas on both my digi cameras, what about if I buy a packet of red dot stickies from the shop and stick one on top of the tape at the pentaprisms (which probably aren't pentaprisms anyway...): will I feel better about myself? I know it's bound to improve my 'work', of course, but then I might get mugged.

Weak jokes aside, if that lottery does come up, as I expect it to twice a week, then I would certainly buy one of the big Leica reflex cameras. Having experienced printing from Leica negs and trannies, I just fancy the idea very much indeed. They were special lenses in the 60s, at least.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 10:23:53 am »

Rob, I'm pretty sure we are kindred spirits in our belief that photography worth a light has far more to do with the photographer and subject than any camera.

My twin!

;-)

Rob

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2015, 11:10:02 am »

Keep them expensive and no-one will buy them, except celebrities and well-off hipsters using them mainly as status symbols. Not when they perform no better than cameras a third the price.

You no longer buy a camera and expect to use it for 10-20 years. They're throwaway accessories, similar to smartphones, to be used and then discarded when they are superseded by newer models. You can't apply the economics of the old, film-based model to the vastly-different way the digital system works.

Well, for as long as I can remember, Leicas have always cost more than other brands of cameras. Partly due to high construction quality, to high lens quality, and yes, to "alluring" factors. I think you are not correct; people who buy Leicas are not going to discard them when a new model comes along... and the fact is, if you buy a Leica, you know that they are not built like throw away discardable items. And you are willing to pay more for it!

Leica has never been about performing better or worse than other brands costing much less, and actually performing better. And they are doing well thank you, go figure.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2015, 12:41:05 pm »

Never shot with a Canon in my life and never want to.
Rob, I'm pretty sure we are kindred spirits in our belief that photography worth a light has far more to do with the photographer and subject than any camera.
So why not use a Canon then?  :P
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jjj

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2015, 12:46:57 pm »

So the camera does matter than or is that the photographer here has the problem?  ;)

jjj

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2015, 01:35:09 pm »

An allergy of sorts then?

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2015, 01:53:56 pm »

... will  make you toast in the morning AND babysit your kids while you enjoy a night out with the wife!

Surely it should take the wife and kids out, and leave you free for a night in with the babysitter (early 20s, long, long legs, curves etc).

Manoli

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2015, 01:57:12 pm »

Surely it should take the wife and kids out, and leave you free for a night in with the babysitter (early 20s, long, long legs, curves etc).

It does - it's an optional extra.

Manoli

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2015, 02:04:33 pm »

seems it's the first CSC to accept Leica-S lenses via adapter with full AF ..

Theodoros

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2015, 02:29:35 pm »

seems it's the first CSC to accept Leica-S lenses via adapter with full AF ..

This is more important than it looks at first site... It means that the Sinar entrance to the mini view camera market (like the Actus) will be fully electronic having this as an MFDB and S series lenses... It also means that Hasselblad H & Contax 645 lenses will be fully compatible...  It may also mean that a future model that will be able to export RAW video will be able to serve as an excellent cinema camera (in combination with a Sinar view camera or without one) able to compete with RED & Arri....

Manoli

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2015, 02:35:53 pm »

Leica sl
It's many things, but a compact system camera???

Too early to say, Keith.
But let's put it this way:

For the price of PhaseOne XF IQ140 kit, you could buy a Leica S (006) with 70mm Summarit and an SL with interoperable (via adapter) S, M, R and the new terminology L- mount lenses.

It also means that Hasselblad H & Contax 645 lenses will be fully compatible...

You don't know that yet. S lenses will fit via an adapter. Nothing I've read yet says that the S adapter for Hassy etc will fit on the SL

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:37:26 pm by Manoli »

Theodoros

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 02:50:16 pm »

You don't know that yet. S lenses will fit via an adapter. Nothing I've read yet says that the S adapter for Hassy etc will fit on the SL
The H & C adapters for the S will work on the S adapter for the SL...

Manoli

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 02:53:44 pm »

The H & C adapters for the S will work on the S adapter for the SL...

So you're going to piggy back adapters ?

AreBee

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 03:01:59 pm »

Manoli,

So you're going to piggy back adapters ?

If the S/SL adapter is as well constructed as the H/S and C/S adapters then adverse effect from stacking adapters may be a non-issue.

Theodoros

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2015, 03:14:25 pm »

Manoli,

If the S/SL adapter is as well constructed as the H/S and C/S adapters then adverse effect from stacking adapters may be a non-issue.

Would one expect the S to SL adapter to exhibit lens play? ... ;D ...I thought we are talking Leica!  ;D

Manoli

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 03:35:20 pm »

Rob,

Indeed it may be a non-issue, but before assuming it is I think it warrants a double check, not least because I've seen nothing from Leica or the first reports to confirm this, and there is a question as to 'if' and 'how well' the AF conversion will work. I don't recall any beta testers even having seen the S to SL adapter yet.

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2015, 03:43:44 pm »

This is more important than it looks at first site... It means that the Sinar entrance to the mini view camera market (like the Actus) will be fully electronic having this as an MFDB and S series lenses... It also means that Hasselblad H & Contax 645 lenses will be fully compatible...  It may also mean that a future model that will be able to export RAW video will be able to serve as an excellent cinema camera (in combination with a Sinar view camera or without one) able to compete with RED & Arri....

I like how using "will" instead of "might" automatically turns pipe dreams into reality!
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Theodoros

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2015, 03:44:35 pm »

Rob,

Indeed it may be a non-issue, but before assuming it is I think it warrants a double check, not least because I've seen nothing from Leica or the first reports to confirm this, and there is a question as to 'if' and 'how well' the AF conversion will work. I don't recall any beta testers even having seen the S to SL adapter yet.

AF performance has nothing to do with the adapter... the motor inside the lens doesn't "know" what AF system is used... it just obeys to the order! My C645 lenses are lightspeed fast and accurate when used on my Nikons via the JAS adapter... just like the AF performance of the AF-S lenses where... In fact, I expect (I'm sure that) the adapter of the S lenses on SL, will also permit leaf shutter operation of both the S lenses that have the leaf shutter, as well as the H lenses if one adds the H adapter on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up