I read that Trump has brought in federal agents to police D.C. Was there a specific reason for this? I hadn't heard of any recent spike in crime in D.C. that was getting out of control, but I could easily have missed something. Is it purely distraction? There's no governor in D.C. to object like there is in California. Might be another martial law field test. I haven't detected that much displeasure with what happened in L.A., and my guess is that Trumpistan followers are fine with losing their civil rights. After all, Americans are normalized by now to cops doing the nasty to innocent people.
I got a kick out of Hegseth forwarding or re-tweeting (or whatever) that conversation between two evangelical pastors who argued for taking the vote away from women. I had heard this argument before from another pastor. His reasoning was that if a wife had an independent vote, she could potentially nullify her husband's vote, which he seemed to regard as a bad thing. But what about single women, is it ok for them to vote, since there is no husband in the picture.
Looks like Trump and Putin are meeting to discuss the Ukraine war but no one from the Ukraine is invited, so that meeting will accomplish a lot I'm sure.
The Epstein story is still hanging around but the longer it does the less people will take notice. They're probably already running out of outrage and I can understand that. If there's no video yet of Trump doing the nasty, there probably won't be so we may already be past peak scandal. Honestly, if you still ok with him after all that he's done already, why would a sex scandal change anything. Besides which, it's all moot. Worst case is that they find something really incrminating, all he has to do is resign, then Vance steps in and pardons him, easy peazy. No need to even try to invoke Presidential immunity. On that subject, I wonder what the bookie line is on a Ghislaine pardon.