It is emerging as a pattern. Televised pseudo-meetings turned into grill sessions with foreign leaders on live broadcast from the oval office. What I don't understand is why those leaders play the game, they should just refuse to participate.
They look more and more like Trumpistan's version of the Tonight show, with JD and Rubio on the couch to laugh and applaud when the sign goes up, a bit like Ed McMahon. All that's missing is theme music, a monologue, and some sponsors. I predict we get some pet tricks soon. Trump thinks he's the star, maybe he thinks his demented rants are entertaining. The most recent show with the South African leader even had some footage from a funereal in the Congo. To these fools I guess all those African countries seem the same. But that's also part of the game. They show incorrect footage, don't acknowledge the error and move on, knowing that their audience doesn't care, it's just TV. So maybe that's as seriously as we should take it. OTOH, continually showing falsehoods has an effect of a kind, the fact that they are not stopped is in itself a lesson. What was the lyric from the Beatles' tune "Nothing is real..."
In a speech, the Press Sec lady Leavitt described Canada as a small garage with a flag. This is not verbatim, I am repeating what was described to me, I am unable to sit and listen to these nitwits. It's all a bit like listening to 12 year olds debate world affairs. They keep doing it so there must be an audience for it. Do they need the ratings?
Hegseth has announced that the Air Force is accepting the Qatari jet. Nobody should surprised, no bar is too low. The mob is in charge of the USA now.