Yes, insurance, especially for an old guy with previous. Frankly, I'd be surprised if anybody would even offer me a quotation.
The tip thing hit me too. It felt like I was being mugged, and especially so when the actual service received was so shockingly poor. Of course, that might be peculiar to Florida.
I have always felt that tipping and being tipped were, basically, insulting of human dignity. Of course, if that‘s the system, you just have to go along with it. It's my experience that here, in my end of Mallorca, tipping is for tourists. I very, very seldom see local people tip for having a coffee or a beer. But to be fair, that observation is based on frequenting the very same bar almost all the time, as do most of the folks I chat with there.
There are many unfilled jobs here, and very much so with medical nurses. Just today, there was an article in the local press about the growing shortage of staff, not that the trained folks don’t exist, but that they are priced out of accommodation because of tourism and its pricing structures. I’m told that in Puerto Pollensa, you won’t find anywhere to rent for under 1000 euros a month. Twelve grand off a nurse’s or a waiter’s earnings and they have become slaves, living on air. Impossible, insoluble mathematics of supply and demand. They are better off collecting welfare.