Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466347 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #14740 on: July 03, 2022, 12:14:14 pm »

Whenever some report emerges about another of Trumpistan's failings, your knee-jerk reaction is to say that they are anti-Trump. That is not a credible position.
I'm still waiting for a creditable position from him.  ;)
Let alone one based on facts, data, and a lick of common sense outside his unreality bubble. As outlined and illustrated, replying to him with any of those attributes fails. We're dealing with a lonely older man who has nothing better to do with his limited and invaluable time than post rubbish here.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14741 on: July 03, 2022, 12:32:54 pm »

BS. Why can't they be concerned about all of those things. Why are you trying to draw a phoney dividing line between them? Do you think you'll fool anyone.

We've had inflation for a few short months. BFD. We have lived through much longer periods of it in the past so stop the silly whining. Gasoline too expensive, well don't buy a 3-ton pickup truck as a family vehicle to go buy groceries in. I have very little sympathy for a entire culture that squanders every penny it sees, lives from paycheque to paycheque, spends WAY too much money on mostly useless crap, and is surprised if their lives go south when something goes wrong. Gee, consumerism isn't good for the consumer. No shit, Sherlock. Did you think they set it up this way for your own good? Honestly, how stupid can people be.

As for interest rates rising, it's ABOUT F**KING TIME! For years now, people have not been able to save their money in safe savings deposit accounts because of low interest rates and had to rely on various kinds of risky and less risky financial instruments to plan for their retirements, always at the mercy of Wall street predators. My parents moved here from war torn Europe with zero, put their savings into safe banks at reasonable interest and never went near a fund manager. My irrational belief is that much of the financialization of the economy was one long move to grab the money of people like my parents. And now everyone is surprised that money has flowed upwards and large wealth inequality is the result. And fools try to tell us that the problem is high taxes even though they are NOT high by historical standards.

Are you really this blind or is this a troll act? Aren't you bored by your own false bullshit? Do you really actually believe any of it just because your guy says it on TV. Look at the facts, you've been conned.
Robert you must be talking about someone else. I've been saying all along that interest rates are too low that someone like myself who is retired can't get a decent return on my savings. I've never complained too much about high taxes but mainly about deficit spending. It's deficit spending that requires Printing and the inflation and higher prices that go along with it. And as far as Printing and inflation, I also said that it's the rich who benefit since they own most of the assets and inflation puts the price of assets much higher than it should be.

I must not be explaining myself well enough or you're not reading my posts.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14742 on: July 03, 2022, 12:34:14 pm »

I must not be explaining myself well enough or you're not reading my posts.
Warning: Troll bait.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14743 on: July 03, 2022, 12:43:44 pm »

July 2, 2022, 10:52 AM MDT
By Pete Williams
WASHINGTON — Gail Curley, the Supreme Court’s marshal, has written to the governors of Maryland and Virginia and local officials in suburban Washington, D.C., asking them to enforce state and county laws that prohibit picketing at private homes. 
In the letter to Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, she said laws in his state prohibits assembling “with another in a manner that disrupts a person’s right to tranquility in the person’s home,” and provides a penalty of up to 90 days in jail.

If you're an election worker, not so much.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/21/us/politics/jan-6-trump-threats.html
WASHINGTON — Rusty Bowers, the Republican speaker of Arizona’s House, braced every weekend for hordes of Trump supporters, some with weapons, who swarmed his home and blared videos that called him a pedophile.
“We had a daughter who was gravely ill, who was upset by what was happening outside,” he said. She died not long after, in late January 2021.
Gabriel Sterling, a top state election official in Georgia, recalled receiving an animated picture of a slowly twisting noose along with a note accusing him of treason. His boss, Georgia’s secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, recounted that Trump supporters broke into his widowed daughter-in-law’s house and threatened his wife with sexual violence.

And now some "small" minded hypocrisy to follow.  :'(

TechTalk

« Reply #14744 on: July 03, 2022, 12:46:13 pm »

I know, you are right. The ingrained teacher in me is ever-optimistic.

An admirable trait.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Peter McLennan

« Reply #14745 on: July 03, 2022, 01:22:12 pm »

American voters don't care about Jan 6th other than Democrats and die-hard Trump haters. 

Right.  They're just not interested. 

Oh, wait.  Twenty million of them watched the first congressional hearings session.  More than watch Monday Night Football.

Audiences continue to be large, despite Republicans' fervent wish that Americans wouldn't tune in.

Tell us, Alan... Are YOU watching them?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 01:33:28 pm by Peter McLennan »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14746 on: July 03, 2022, 01:26:27 pm »

If so, why would that matter (and you do realize asking him is pointless and will invoke more trolling)?
Many here have provided dozens upon dozens of articles, videos, outside references for Alan and the overwhelming evidence from his replies afterward is, that he didn't read/watch or did and didn't understand what he saw.

He's really into this Trump mindset:
Trump: 'What you’re seeing in the news ‘is not what’s happening’
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/398606-trump-what-youre-seeing-in-the-news-is-not-whats-happening-inbox-x/

Peter McLennan

« Reply #14747 on: July 03, 2022, 01:29:24 pm »

I want the rules decided democratically by the people just like our other laws.

"Other laws" like, uh, I dunno,  "Citizens United" ?

What particular group of citizens united to "democratically decide" THAT law?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 01:34:30 pm by Peter McLennan »

Peter McLennan

« Reply #14748 on: July 03, 2022, 01:32:52 pm »

There's been no legitimate cross-examination in the congressional hearings nor has the defense been allowed to present its side.  That's required in an American court.

They're not in court. They're in a congressional hearing.  You said it yourself.

Others here have said, Alan, "do you ever listen to yourself?"

Apparently you don't.  You just keep repeating the same bullshit over and over and over and over and over.

You really are bored.  Your COVID imprisonment is over.  Get a hobby or something.  There's absolutely no excuse for someone to be bored.  Ever.

Unless you're a teenager.   :) 

Wait. What?  What if Alan actually WAS a teenager?  That'd explain a lot.  They do, after all, know everything, don't they?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 01:37:57 pm by Peter McLennan »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14749 on: July 03, 2022, 01:53:39 pm »

Right.  They're just not interested. 

Oh, wait.  Twenty million of them watched the first congressional hearings session.  More than watch Monday Night Football.

Audiences continue to be large, despite Republicans' fervent wish that Americans wouldn't tune in.

Peter they're all Democrats.  For the rest of the voters, Jan 6 isn't hardly on the radar, if at all. 

Whatever interest people may have had with it has been replaced with abortion. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #14750 on: July 03, 2022, 01:56:13 pm »

Peter they're all Democrats.  For the rest of the voters, Jan 6 isn't hardly on the radar, if at all. 

You mean that the old POTUS has been replaced with 6-month old fetus?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14751 on: July 03, 2022, 01:57:57 pm »

"Other laws" like, uh, I dunno,  "Citizens United" ?

What particular group of citizens united to "democratically decide" THAT law?

it costs money to petition the government and have free speech which are both protected by the Constitution in our bill of rights. Abortion isn't protected in our Bill of Rights. The Constitution says nothing about it. Therefore it has to be determined one way or the other through Democratic elected Representatives.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14752 on: July 03, 2022, 02:01:16 pm »

You mean that the old POTUS has been replaced with 6-month old fetus?
huh?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14753 on: July 03, 2022, 02:32:04 pm »

Peter they're all Democrats. 
A lie or just stupidity? Members of LuLa can decide.
"I told him that the stuff that his people were shoveling out to the public was bullshit,'  "he is detached from reality" and not interested in "actual facts.' - Bill Barr on Trump for the 1/6 committee.
Barr could have been talking about this fellow above.  ;)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #14754 on: July 03, 2022, 02:46:24 pm »

Meaningless assertions devoid of credibility.  Proof, or it’s just bullshit.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #14755 on: July 03, 2022, 02:50:16 pm »

it costs money to petition the government and have free speech which are both protected by the Constitution in our bill of rights. Abortion isn't protected in our Bill of Rights. The Constitution says nothing about it. Therefore it has to be determined one way or the other through Democratic elected Representatives.

None of which has anything to do with Citizens United. 

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 05:27:02 pm by Peter McLennan »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14756 on: July 03, 2022, 08:36:40 pm »

Meaningless assertions devoid of credibility.  Proof, or it’s just bullshit.
I think you should keep pushing Jan 6th issue for voters in November.   ::)

TechTalk

« Reply #14757 on: July 04, 2022, 02:17:53 am »

I think that Americans need to be reminded regularly that no nation is immune to the loss of freedom and democracy at the hands of a mob, a demagogue, or a twisted ideology.

TechTalk

« Reply #14758 on: July 04, 2022, 02:18:37 am »

Some need reminding more often than others.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14759 on: July 04, 2022, 09:00:18 am »

I think that Americans need to be reminded regularly that no nation is immune to the loss of freedom and democracy at the hands of a mob, a demagogue, or a twisted ideology.
That's true although the Republic still stands.  Our government has run contuously for over two hundred years, a lot more than most others.

But I think we have more to fear from an overreaching government.

Here's an example the Supreme Court ruled "no" to.  Major changes to our economic system should be made democratically by elected representatives voting in Congress and not by unelected officials in government agencies who don't report to the people.  Whether you're for the EPA rules or not, it should be Congress that decides.

Supreme Court curtails EPA’s authority to fight climate change
https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/06/supreme-court-curtails-epas-authority-to-fight-climate-change/
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 808   Go Up