Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466178 times)

TechTalk

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #14720 on: July 02, 2022, 04:50:02 pm »

So you REALLY think that the Clinton/Steele dossier caused the current war in Ukraine? I mean, seriously?...

I really hate repeating myself, but just a friendly reminder that you're feeding an insatiable appetite and need for attention by engaging with someone that is...

in order to get a response from you.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #14721 on: July 02, 2022, 04:50:24 pm »

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.
In his “mind” that's a feature not a bug.
Wondering about something takes a degree of curiosity and intelligence. He doesn't wonder.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #14722 on: July 02, 2022, 06:23:36 pm »

. You missed the part where the FBI knowing that the dossier was false still used it in the Fisa court to get a sign off so that they could tap Trump's phones. Because of the falsehood of it, it led to the whole two year Mueller investigation of trump and the false allegations he conspired with the Russians. 

It never was a legitimate investigation. It was put out there to help destroy trump. And almost did.

Worse than that it pushed Trump to be harsher on the Russians than he should have been to show that he wasn't involved with them. This could have led to the very invasion of Ukraine as the Russians felt pressured by NATO and the west. Had there been no Russian investigation, we may have been able to make deals with Russia to show that we had no intention to hurt them through ukraine. And the Ukraine War may never had started.

Also, these attempts to constantly beat up on the Russians push them to become allies of another of our adversaries China when it would have been so much better have we become an ally of Russia against China. The whole Mueller and dossier and all that negative stuff against Trump is going to be shown in history to be a major failing of America.

The recent revelations of the Jan 6th hearings must really be hurting given the way you're repeatedly trying to deflect everyone's attention to long-ago debunked non-stories. Did you think nobody would notice? Are you getting desperate because it sure seems like it? Worried that all the great unwashed may realize that maybe getting abortion thrown out wasn't what they signed up for. Geez, they'll think, maybe we should have been voting all along. Does that worry you? It must be, given the way you try to make it difficult for people to vote. You can admit it, you're among friends, you don't actually believe in democracy and equality, do you?

Your guy and your party deliberately attacked (physically) the democratic process, pressured witnesses to lie under oath and repeatedly lied about all of it. They've gone so far over the edge in maniacal assertions that even some of their own are getting disgusted with the shit show. You must be cringing with embarrassment, I feel for you. The spectacle is sickening to watch, you know.

And Trump's Supreme Court are introducing American Taliban religious rule to a country that was once a beacon of democratic freedoms in the world. We hear a lot of phoney claptrap about freedom but those people you put in power don't actually want that. Why are you handing over power to whackadoodles like Pat Robertson clones or those Christian heretics in the prosperity gospel movement. Why aren't all those con artists in jail?

--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14723 on: July 03, 2022, 07:09:08 am »

The recent revelations of the Jan 6th hearings must really be hurting given the way you're repeatedly trying to deflect everyone's attention to long-ago debunked non-stories. Did you think nobody would notice? Are you getting desperate because it sure seems like it? Worried that all the great unwashed may realize that maybe getting abortion thrown out wasn't what they signed up for. Geez, they'll think, maybe we should have been voting all along. Does that worry you? It must be, given the way you try to make it difficult for people to vote. You can admit it, you're among friends, you don't actually believe in democracy and equality, do you?

Your guy and your party deliberately attacked (physically) the democratic process, pressured witnesses to lie under oath and repeatedly lied about all of it. They've gone so far over the edge in maniacal assertions that even some of their own are getting disgusted with the shit show. You must be cringing with embarrassment, I feel for you. The spectacle is sickening to watch, you know.

And Trump's Supreme Court are introducing American Taliban religious rule to a country that was once a beacon of democratic freedoms in the world. We hear a lot of phoney claptrap about freedom but those people you put in power don't actually want that. Why are you handing over power to whackadoodles like Pat Robertson clones or those Christian heretics in the prosperity gospel movement. Why aren't all those con artists in jail?

American voters don't care about Jan 6th other than Democrats and die-hard Trump haters.  Most people are concerned about inflation and the economy.

I agree that abortion is becoming an issue.  The lines will be drawn around that issue for many running for Congress.  Democrats are going to play it up big time and it could make the difference in many election districts. 

Regarding democracy, you realize that when the Supreme Court ruled originally on Roe vs Wade, democracy was thrown out the window.  Nine unelected officials decided how the whole country had to live.  How is that democratic?  By now giving it back to the states, where it belonged, the people through their democratically elected officials will decide the rules regarding abortion in their states.  What's more democratic than that?  So if you're against that, it's you who are acting undemocratically, not me.  You want the rules imposed by an elite group at the top.  I want the rules decided democratically by the people just like our other laws. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14724 on: July 03, 2022, 07:37:29 am »

So  you REALLY think that the Clinton/Steele dossier caused the current war in Ukraine? I mean, seriously? Are you sure the Jewish space lasers weren't involved? And the gazpacho police?

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.
Don't take my word for it.  Here's a 2017 article by the liberal think tank Brookings and the LA Times.  Apparently, they agree with me. 

By the way, this is not a new concept I arrive at.  Thirty years ago when the Soviet Union collapsed, I noted that NATO began expanding, pushing contempt into Russia's nose.  I thought at the time, that this was foolhardy.  Why are we poking the Russian bear?  The Cold War is over.  Communism lost.  The Soviets collapsed.  So Russian expansion is partly the result of Western pressures on it.  Trump wanted to lower the temperature.  But with the pressure on him to have to show he wasn't "colluding" with them, he acted more harshly against them rather than working out deals so they could feel more secure in the world.  So the Ukraine War and their stronger relationship with China are the results.  The Ukrainians are paying for our political intrigues due to the dossier and other American political strife.

ORDER FROM CHAOS
If Trump really wants to improve relations with Russia, he should persuade NATO to stop expanding
Michael E. O’Hanlon Friday, April 14, 2017

President Trump’s relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin may turn out to be too close for comfort, but Trump’s instincts about U.S.-Russia ties are at least partly right. The U.S. simply can’t afford poor relations with the planet’s other nuclear superpower.

Michael E. O’Hanlon
Director of Research - Foreign Policy Co-Director - Center for Security, Strategy, and Technology, Africa Security Initiative Senior Fellow - Foreign Policy, Center for Security, Strategy, and Technology The Sydney Stein, Jr. Chair

Security in Syria depends on it, for one. The even bigger issue, however, is security in Europe, where tensions between Russia and NATO have been acute for three years.

Some analysts maintain that Putin cultivates an adversarial relationship with the outside world to strengthen his popularity at home and thus his hold on power, and also to provide him with an excuse to suppress dissent. This may be true, but he also appears to bear a genuine grudge against the United States for its post-Cold War assertiveness near Russian territory. For two decades, and especially over the last 10 years, Putin and many other Russian officials have complained that NATO’s eastward march threatens Russia’s security.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2017/04/14/if-trump-really-wants-to-improve-relations-with-russia-he-should-persuade-nato-to-stop-expanding/

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #14725 on: July 03, 2022, 07:55:23 am »

There's Enough Evidence To Charge Trump. So What's The Holdup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVoth5RF3QA

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #14726 on: July 03, 2022, 07:55:44 am »

American voters don't care about Jan 6th other than Democrats and die-hard Trump haters.... 

let's hope you are wrong... !
Otherwise there is not much left of this once democratic united states...

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14727 on: July 03, 2022, 08:37:48 am »

let's hope you are wrong... !
Otherwise there is not much left of this once democratic united states...
Like most of his posts, and not limited to politics, he is wrong. Which is again why he speaks for “most Americans” instead of himself. So little self-esteem and confidence; yet often wrong, never in doubt.
He fails to examine the number of Americans that recently polling shows, want Trump prosecuted.
"No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot." - Mark Twain

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14728 on: July 03, 2022, 09:36:29 am »

There's Enough Evidence To Charge Trump. So What's The Holdup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVoth5RF3QA
Les, MSNBC is anti-Trump.  Even more so than CNN.  Every news thing they produce is against him.  They represent the prosecution which by the way is all that's been presented by Democrats in Congress.  The two Republicans on the committee are anti-Trump because he went after them politically.  So they're paying him back. They'll both probably lose their seats in the November mid-terms.

There's been no legitimate cross-examination in the congressional hearings nor has the defense been allowed to present its side.  That's required in an American court.  The hearings are like a Star Chamber trial in the Soviet Union.  This is all about trying to deflect the midterm conversation about the terrible job Biden and the Democrats are doing with inflation, the economy, immigration, crime, etc.  Once Republicans take over Congress next year, Jan 6th will be forgotten by everyone and the Republicans will have Star Chamber hearings about Biden and his son's payoffs in Ukraine and China.

The wheel will turn.

In any case, to charge a real crime would require Attorney General Garland of the US who works for Biden to present real evidence in a real court to indict him.  The minute he does that, should he do it and he might to help the Democrats in the midterms, the obvious political rationale will be seen by most.   Will AJ Garland embarrass himself and want to go down in history as a political hack?  He may since he's surely pissed that Republicans denied his hearings to become Supreme Court justice.  And always remember, the wheel turns and the Republicans could enact their vengeance on Biden and his son when they take over.  Does Biden really want to take that risk?  I doubt it.  But he's under the influence of others in his administration and doesn;t have all his marbles.  So he could foolishly do it.  We'll see. 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14729 on: July 03, 2022, 09:45:38 am »

Les: Alan is anti-critical thinking.
Les: Alan is pro confirmation bias.
But I'm not telling you anything you don't know as Alan is attempting.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #14730 on: July 03, 2022, 10:01:57 am »

I really hate repeating myself, but just a friendly reminder that you're feeding an insatiable appetite and need for attention by engaging with someone that is...

in order to get a response from you.

I know, you are right. The ingrained teacher in me is ever-optimistic.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14731 on: July 03, 2022, 10:09:46 am »

"Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. "-Abigail Adams
This is why there is no chance this will work on Alan and the dead horse.  ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14732 on: July 03, 2022, 10:10:38 am »

Teachers should be open to new ideas and thinking out of the box.  Anyone can rehash common beliefs. New ideas aren't made with rubber stamps.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14733 on: July 03, 2022, 10:12:18 am »

Anyone can rehash common beliefs.
Misbeliefs too. You are guilty (again) as charged.
As for my personal beliefs; you're not a good photographer. 🤔

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #14734 on: July 03, 2022, 10:21:01 am »

Les, MSNBC is anti-Trump.  Even more so than CNN.   

But Trump is a bigger liar than both of them.

PeterAit

« Reply #14735 on: July 03, 2022, 10:27:07 am »

The two Republicans on the committee are anti-Trump because he went after them politically.  So they're paying him back. They'll both probably lose their seats in the November mid-terms.

False. They are not anti-Trump, they are pro-truth, pro-democracy, pro the country. And they have the moral courage to stand up for their beliefs despite the obvious danger to their political careers. Many other Republicans know the truth about Trump perfectly well but they are cowardly weasels who are fearful of angering the Ruddy Rectum.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14736 on: July 03, 2022, 10:39:37 am »

Many other Republicans know the truth about Trump perfectly well but they are cowardly weasels who are fearful of angering the Ruddy Rectum.
So what's Alan's excuse? 😉

PeterAit

« Reply #14737 on: July 03, 2022, 10:46:15 am »

Don't take my word for it.  Here's a 2017 article by the liberal think tank Brookings and the LA Times.  Apparently, they agree with me. 

So what? The original topic was about whether the Clinton/Steele dossier was a "dirty trick," which it clearly was not. It was not 100% true, but true enough so Trump had to show toughness to Russia. And the FBI started an investigation which the main way we earned that parts of the dossier were false.

So you would have us appeasing Putin? Sort of like Munich in 1938? (Look it up)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #14738 on: July 03, 2022, 11:17:25 am »

Les, MSNBC is anti-Trump.  Even more so than CNN.  Every news thing they produce is against him.  They represent the prosecution which by the way is all that's been presented by Democrats in Congress.  The two Republicans on the committee are anti-Trump because he went after them politically.  So they're paying him back. They'll both probably lose their seats in the November mid-terms.

There's been no legitimate cross-examination in the congressional hearings nor has the defense been allowed to present its side.  That's required in an American court.  The hearings are like a Star Chamber trial in the Soviet Union.  This is all about trying to deflect the midterm conversation about the terrible job Biden and the Democrats are doing with inflation, the economy, immigration, crime, etc.  Once Republicans take over Congress next year, Jan 6th will be forgotten by everyone and the Republicans will have Star Chamber hearings about Biden and his son's payoffs in Ukraine and China.

The wheel will turn.

In any case, to charge a real crime would require Attorney General Garland of the US who works for Biden to present real evidence in a real court to indict him.  The minute he does that, should he do it and he might to help the Democrats in the midterms, the obvious political rationale will be seen by most.   Will AJ Garland embarrass himself and want to go down in history as a political hack?  He may since he's surely pissed that Republicans denied his hearings to become Supreme Court justice.  And always remember, the wheel turns and the Republicans could enact their vengeance on Biden and his son when they take over.  Does Biden really want to take that risk?  I doubt it.  But he's under the influence of others in his administration and doesn;t have all his marbles.  So he could foolishly do it.  We'll see.

Whenever some report emerges about another of Trumpistan's failings, your knee-jerk reaction is to say that they are anti-Trump. That is not a credible position.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #14739 on: July 03, 2022, 11:33:22 am »

American voters don't care about Jan 6th other than Democrats and die-hard Trump haters.  Most people are concerned about inflation and the economy.

BS. Why can't they be concerned about all of those things. Why are you trying to draw a phoney dividing line between them? Do you think you'll fool anyone.

We've had inflation for a few short months. BFD. We have lived through much longer periods of it in the past so stop the silly whining. Gasoline too expensive, well don't buy a 3-ton pickup truck as a family vehicle to go buy groceries in. I have very little sympathy for a entire culture that squanders every penny it sees, lives from paycheque to paycheque, spends WAY too much money on mostly useless crap, and is surprised if their lives go south when something goes wrong. Gee, consumerism isn't good for the consumer. No shit, Sherlock. Did you think they set it up this way for your own good? Honestly, how stupid can people be.

As for interest rates rising, it's ABOUT F**KING TIME! For years now, people have not been able to save their money in safe savings deposit accounts because of low interest rates and had to rely on various kinds of risky and less risky financial instruments to plan for their retirements, always at the mercy of Wall street predators. My parents moved here from war torn Europe with zero, put their savings into safe banks at reasonable interest and never went near a fund manager. My irrational belief is that much of the financialization of the economy was one long move to grab the money of people like my parents. And now everyone is surprised that money has flowed upwards and large wealth inequality is the result. And fools try to tell us that the problem is high taxes even though they are NOT high by historical standards.

Are you really this blind or is this a troll act? Aren't you bored by your own false bullshit? Do you really actually believe any of it just because your guy says it on TV. Look at the facts, you've been conned.
--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 808   Go Up