Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466497 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #14640 on: June 30, 2022, 02:57:28 pm »

Speaking of Justice Thomas:
Not that facts,science, truth and data matter to this guy (like a few two posting here):
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/justice-thomas-cites-debunked-claim-covid-vaccines-are-made-cells-abor-rcna36156

What is up next: Justice Thomas cites debunked election claim from his wife?

A supreme court justice said that!  Aw man, you guys are in deep shit.
--
Robert

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #14641 on: June 30, 2022, 03:23:30 pm »

Because a great many ARE being intercepted, the border is NOT wide-open would be my first guess in this game you want to play.
What game would you like to play next?
You are playing games, word games. The issue is not whether to call the border wide open, partially open, porous or whatever you want to call it. I chose to call it wide open, but any reasonable person would catch my drift. What would you call it? Fact is we don't control our borders. Fact is hundreds of thousands a month enter this country illegally. Fact is tens of thousands a month of illegal entrants are not intercepted. Fact is that the Biden Administration releases tens of thousands a month into our country knowing full well that most of those never report for further processing.
Those are facts. How much you should fear those facts is up to you.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #14642 on: June 30, 2022, 03:37:08 pm »

You are playing games, word games. The issue is not whether to call the border wide open, partially open, porous or whatever you want to call it. I chose to call it wide open, but any reasonable person would catch my drift. What would you call it? Fact is we don't control our borders. Fact is hundreds of thousands a month enter this country illegally. Fact is tens of thousands a month of illegal entrants are not intercepted. Fact is that the Biden Administration releases tens of thousands a month into our country knowing full well that most of those never report for further processing.
Those are facts. How much you should fear those facts is up to you.
Sad, the time you spend on a photo website(s) posting (I chose to call it wide open BS) that no one believes, instead of providing anything that shows have ever taken a snapshot (or as you admit black thumbnails).

If your ratio of BS to photography was 99 to 1, you'd be in a much better position than you've currently provided to your audience here. 

Is anyone here (even Alan?) taking you seriously; is Alan alone enough to provide an ounce of self-reflection that you're a laughing stock in these forums?
No need to answer an obvious question (look up the rhetorical question if confused).
The poop on our carpet will continue. It appears to be your main talent.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

TechTalk

« Reply #14643 on: June 30, 2022, 03:37:22 pm »

First... You pose a challenge...

OK, you're on.

Then you pose a question (using language intentionally designed to promote FEAR)...

How is that not wide open?

...and which is easily answered using your own words.

It was your challenge "OK, you're on." It was your game. I played it using your own words.

Don't get all upset when it doesn't work out the way you intended.

When you get called on spreading false narratives — and you will be — the solution is also simple. Just create a false equivalence and accuse the OTHER of something with unceasing repetition. Downplay, Deny, Deflect, Distract, Delude, and you can Disregard reality and the fact that truth is usually complex.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #14644 on: June 30, 2022, 03:40:08 pm »

First... You pose a challenge...

Then you pose a question (using language intentionally designed to promote FEAR)...

...and which is easily answered using your own words.

It was your challenge "OK, you're on." It was your game. I played it using your own words.

Don't get all upset when it doesn't work out the way you intended.

Are you chickening out?

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #14645 on: June 30, 2022, 03:41:54 pm »

Sad, the time you spend on a photo website(s) posting (I chose to call it wide open BS) that no one believes, instead of providing anything that shows have ever taken a snapshot (or as you admit black thumbnails).

If your ratio of BS to photography was 99 to 1, you'd be in a much better position than you've currently provided to your audience here. 

Is anyone here (even Alan?) taking you seriously; is Alan alone enough to provide an ounce of self-reflection that you're a laughing stock in these forums?
No need to answer an obvious question (look up the rhetorical question if confused).
The poop on our carpet will continue. It appears to be your main talent.
Guess what? This is my last response to any of your BS. If you want to have an honest discussion, I will reply, but I'm not holding my breath.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14646 on: June 30, 2022, 03:46:10 pm »

Are you chickening out?
Troll Bait with chicken s&^t on top.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” Martin Luther King

Guess what? This is my last response to any of your BS.
Do I expect you'll keep your promise? No more than I expect you can take a snapshot with a camera and post it for us to see.

If you want to have an honest discussion, I will reply, but I'm not holding my breath.
Sounds like Alan Klein. You two should get a room together.
Please hold your breath. With both hands. It will do the forum here a lot of good!  :D

TechTalk

« Reply #14647 on: June 30, 2022, 03:51:07 pm »

Are you chickening out?

This is why you have to sit at the kiddie table when you're having your baloney. You're not mature enough to sit with the adults yet.

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #14648 on: June 30, 2022, 04:01:27 pm »

This is why you have to sit at the kiddie table when you're having your baloney. You're not mature enough to sit with the adults yet.
The answer is yes, TechTalk does not engage in constructive dialogue.

TechTalk

« Reply #14649 on: June 30, 2022, 04:04:14 pm »

The answer is that I stopped responding to schoolyard taunts when I finished kindergarten.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #14650 on: June 30, 2022, 04:26:04 pm »

You  Fact is we don't control our borders.

Preposterous claptrap.  I live 6km from the border.  If I want to cross for any reason, it's "Passport please" and "Proof of Vaccination, sir". 

This from your closest neighbours and purported best friends, Canadians.

The border here is "open", by your standards.  There is no wall.  Just US Customs.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14651 on: June 30, 2022, 04:37:09 pm »

Preposterous claptrap.
That's our Frans!  ;D
Don't even get him started on "Digital Darkroom Lighting - Critical Element of Color Management"; that's really easy to dismiss, I know!

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14652 on: June 30, 2022, 05:26:57 pm »

Preposterous claptrap.  I live 6km from the border. If I want to cross for any reason, it's "Passport please" and "Proof of Vaccination, sir".

This from your closest neighbours and purported best friends, Canadians.

The border here is "open", by your standards.  There is no wall.  Just US Customs.
What's your point? Mexicans are not sneaking in from Canada. 

And you're not telling the whole list of questions.  American immigration also asks why you want to enter the US.  Either it's business, vacationing, or visiting for personal reasons such as visiting your in-laws if you're a foreigner or you're a US citizen returning home with an American passport.  You cannot stay indefinitely unless you're an American. They won't let you in if you tell them that you are moving here.  The people sneaking across the border are not vacationing or here for business or just visiting. They intend to stay which is illegal.  That's why they're sneaking across the border.

TechTalk

« Reply #14653 on: June 30, 2022, 05:34:15 pm »

What's your point? Mexicans are not sneaking in from Canada.

No. That's just you falsely pretending that's the point that was being made... again. ...and again and again and...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14654 on: June 30, 2022, 05:46:35 pm »

No. That's just you falsely pretending that's the point that was being made... again. ...and again and again and...
The point he was making is that America doesn't really control, the border. Up in Canada and that's not true.  In any case, we're not concerned about too many Canadians sneaking in so they can wash dishes in diners bringing along fentanyl in their pockets.  :)

TechTalk

« Reply #14655 on: June 30, 2022, 05:56:30 pm »

The point he was making is that America doesn't really control, the border.

Nope. Just the opposite. But, it didn't and wouldn't make any difference in your response.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #14656 on: June 30, 2022, 06:00:52 pm »

The point he was making is that America doesn't really control, the border. Up in Canada and that's not true.  In any case, we're not concerned about too many Canadians sneaking in so they can wash dishes in diners bringing along fentanyl in their pockets.  :)
Wow, so hard to sit straight faced with this duality of (as so well described) preposterous claptrap from both passengers of the clown car posting in tandem.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #14657 on: June 30, 2022, 06:01:11 pm »

The point he was making is that America doesn't really control, the border. ....

Oh please.

--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14658 on: June 30, 2022, 06:01:34 pm »

Nope. Just the opposite. But, it didn't and wouldn't make any difference in your response.
America controls it;s border in Canada and the main entry points such as in NYC LA, Newark airport, etc.  But the southern border with Mexico is a joke.  We've got illegals looking to live here, drug smugglers, criminals, and even potential terrorists on watch lists, who are using it's sieve and lack of real enforcement to enter the country.  It's costing us millions of tax dollars as communities struggle to provide services for these people, many deaths from smuggled drugs, and jobs that should go to Americans on the lower-income scale.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #14659 on: June 30, 2022, 06:04:39 pm »

... In any case, we're not concerned about too many Canadians sneaking in so they can wash dishes in diners bringing along fentanyl in their pockets.  :)

I particularly enjoy the fantasy that it's foreigners who bring drugs into the USA and corrupt the country. What a howler. Think demand-side.
--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 808   Go Up