Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466259 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #11940 on: October 24, 2021, 12:02:47 am »

Many valid questions. The most important one is why did Baldwin aim at the videographer? And why were the live rounds on the site? Who loaded the gun?
The fact that Baldwin was also one of the producers could put him in a criminally negligent position if they violated New Mexico's law by allowing filming to continue with no proper supervision.  As an actor he can claim it was an accident.  But as a producer controlling events, it potentially rises to a more serious situation.  Why would an AP (Assoc Producer) call out "cold" weapon?  Where was the "armorer", the expert responsible for gun control on a movie set? 

Getting back to the bullet, did some disgruntled union guy put them in the guns because of the labor dispute? 

This thing could turn into a real Perry Mason or Colombo.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11941 on: October 24, 2021, 12:09:12 am »

Just a clarification.  I don't know if there is a NM law requiring gun supervision and licensing and if there is whether it was followed or not.  It's just curious that an AP, a non-expert,  was the person who called out cold weapon and not the armorer. 

TechTalk

« Reply #11942 on: October 24, 2021, 12:21:54 am »

Then you select one particular week in the second half of the year to make your point which is bogus anyway because you're comparing a Covid period last year with the current period.

This part pisses me off for its utterly shameless hypocrisy. To begin, I did not "select one particular week"; I used the most recent current week and four-week average. I then compared it to the same period from last year. That isn't some "distorted" methodology constructed by me. It's exactly how the EIA presents their weekly reports, this period compared to the same period from a year ago.

The galling hypocrisy is that in falsely attempting to claim that "Gasoline prices nearly doubled" because of Biden, you did deliberately "select one particular week" in *April of 2020 "comparing a Covid period last year with the current period". Something that you now describe as "bogus". That's your "distorted" methodology to support your false assertion that "Gasoline prices nearly doubled" because of Biden. Ground that has already been covered... and the false assertions and hypocrisy exposed. By your own description your evidence to support your assertion was "bogus"—but you did it anyway.

Adding to the hypocrisy, when it was pointed out to you that gasoline prices are volatile and were responding to the changes in demand due to the pandemic, you just ignored that fact and continued posting over and over "Americans are blaming President Biden for the high gasoline". The pandemic resulting in volatile swings in gas prices fell unacknowledged onto deaf ears as you continued with the same repetitive assertions.

But, when facts are presented to you that in 2021 the U.S. has been a net petroleum exporter and that domestic oil production is up from the same period a year ago (using the EIA standard methodology and current reporting), not lies or distortions, just simple facts that you don't want to hear as they cloud your repetitive narrative—then suddenly you respond with "you're comparing a Covid period last year with the current period.  Of course, it's more now." That's true—and it was just as true regarding gas prices where you ignored the affect of the pandemic; as it is when related to oil production, which you now suddenly treat like a revelation when it suits your narrative.  Sheer hypocrisy stacked on top of shameless hypocrisy.

* You chose a specific week in April 2020 because it was the lowest price in some time due to nationwide pandemic restrictions peaking which caused demand and prices to plummet.  Though the pandemic was the obvious factor affecting the price, you refused to acknowledge that fact when it was pointed out to you. You also ignored the fact that during the 18-month period you used to calculate "nearly double" gas prices, half of those 18-months were during Trump's term and assigned all of the increase and blame to Biden policies and a nonexistent pipeline.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 05:32:08 am by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #11943 on: October 24, 2021, 01:42:01 am »

trying to get a rise out of me...  That's trolling

I put it in there to get a rise from you.  Of course you took the bait and ignored the important parts, as usual.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #11944 on: October 24, 2021, 07:26:54 am »

Biden's anti-oil policies have made us dependent on foreign oil again leading to his begging OPEC and the Arabs to produce more oil so prices will stop going up.  How embarrassing to see an American president beg.

Apparently, one gas station along the Big Sur coast in California is charging $8.50 for a gallon of premium gasoline.

But one bold station along the Big Sur coast was charging $7.59 a gallon for regular unleaded this week and nearly $8.50 for premium.

The Gorda by the Sea Mini Mart, situated along a remote stretch of Highway 1 in Monterey County, warns: “Next gas 40 miles north, 12 miles south.”

Prices in Southern California are the highest they’ve been in the last decade. In Los Angeles and Orange counties, motorists are paying roughly $19 more to fill up a standard 14-gallon tank than they did a year ago

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pain-pump-california-gas-prices-224327931.html

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #11945 on: October 24, 2021, 07:28:53 am »

The fact that Baldwin was also one of the producers could put him in a criminally negligent position if they violated New Mexico's law by allowing filming to continue with no proper supervision.  As an actor he can claim it was an accident.  But as a producer controlling events, it potentially rises to a more serious situation.  Why would an AP (Assoc Producer) call out "cold" weapon?  Where was the "armorer", the expert responsible for gun control on a movie set? 

Getting back to the bullet, did some disgruntled union guy put them in the guns because of the labor dispute? 

This thing could turn into a real Perry Mason or Colombo.

Could have been also some disgruntled Republican who didn't like Baldwin playing Trump on SNL.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11946 on: October 24, 2021, 09:52:50 am »

This part pisses me off for its utterly shameless hypocrisy. To begin, I did not "select one particular week"; I used the most recent current week and four-week average. I then compared it to the same period from last year. That isn't some "distorted" methodology constructed by me. It's exactly how the EIA presents their weekly reports, this period compared to the same period from a year ago.

The galling hypocrisy is that in falsely attempting to claim that "Gasoline prices nearly doubled" because of Biden, you did deliberately "select one particular week" in *April of 2020 "comparing a Covid period last year with the current period". Something that you now describe as "bogus". That's your "distorted" methodology to support your false assertion that "Gasoline prices nearly doubled" because of Biden. Ground that has already been covered... and the false assertions and hypocrisy exposed. By your own description your evidence to support your assertion was "bogus"—but you did it anyway.

Adding to the hypocrisy, when it was pointed out to you that gasoline prices are volatile and were responding to the changes in demand due to the pandemic, you just ignored that fact and continued posting over and over "Americans are blaming President Biden for the high gasoline". The pandemic resulting in volatile swings in gas prices fell unacknowledged onto deaf ears as you continued with the same repetitive assertions.

But, when facts are presented to you that in 2021 the U.S. has been a net petroleum exporter and that domestic oil production is up from the same period a year ago (using the EIA standard methodology and current reporting), not lies or distortions, just simple facts that you don't want to hear as they cloud your repetitive narrative—then suddenly you respond with "you're comparing a Covid period last year with the current period.  Of course, it's more now." That's true—and it was just as true regarding gas prices where you ignored the affect of the pandemic; as it is when related to oil production, which you now suddenly treat like a revelation when it suits your narrative.  Sheer hypocrisy stacked on top of shameless hypocrisy.

* You chose a specific week in April 2020 because it was the lowest price in some time due to nationwide pandemic restrictions peaking which caused demand and prices to plummet.  Though the pandemic was the obvious factor affecting the price, you refused to acknowledge that fact when it was pointed out to you. You also ignored the fact that during the 18-month period you used to calculate "nearly double" gas prices, half of those 18-months were during Trump's term and assigned all of the increase and blame to Biden policies and a nonexistent pipeline.
I believe that Biden's policies have caused an increase in the price of oil and gasoline.  You apparently believe he didn't.  We have differing opinions on the matter. We're starting to sound like pixel peepers claiming which camera is better. Neither of us has a monopoly on the truth and facts.    That's it.  Why don't you just leave it at that?  I'm willing.  :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11947 on: October 24, 2021, 10:05:31 am »

Could have been also some disgruntled Republican who didn't like Baldwin playing Trump on SNL.
Could be. Thinking about it, Baldwin is a very egotistical guy in real life.  I could see him charging ahead full steam and damn the torpedoes after experts walked off the set.  They say the movie was also under financial restraints which could account for lowered standards.  The armorer was 24 years old and this was only the second movie she worked on.  She complained in an interview after the first movie that she was frightened of all the responsibility she had.  Good grief!

Two bullets were fired earlier causing workers to walk off.  You'd think red flags would have gone off all over the place.  Yet they continued filming.  Which producer was pushing them to keep going?  And yet, a third bullet went off, the one that killed the cinematographer.  Didn't anyone say it might be a good idea to check all the guns before proceeding after the first two bullets? 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11948 on: October 24, 2021, 10:08:14 am »

Did anyone think to call the police after the first two bullets went off?

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11949 on: October 24, 2021, 11:36:24 am »

Just a clarification.  I don't know if there is a NM law requiring gun supervision and licensing and if there is whether it was followed or not.  It's just curious that an AP, a non-expert,  was the person who called out cold weapon and not the armorer.

Which “Associate Producer” called out “cold weapon” ?  Please be specific.  This is a serious charge.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #11950 on: October 24, 2021, 11:47:27 am »

Court records indicate that an assistant director, Dave Halls, grabbed a prop gun off a cart and handed it to Baldwin, indicating incorrectly that the weapon didn’t carry live rounds by yelling “cold gun.”

https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-arts-and-entertainment-shootings-movies-santa-fe-9132dc507b5bd9273156f051998e5d03

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11951 on: October 24, 2021, 12:45:11 pm »

Thinking about it, Baldwin is a very egotistical guy in real life.  I could see him charging ahead full steam and damn the torpedoes after experts walked off the set.

Uninformed speculation.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11952 on: October 24, 2021, 01:57:34 pm »

Which “Associate Producer” called out “cold weapon” ?  Please be specific.  This is a serious charge.
it seems it was the assistant director.  Does that make a difference.? Wouldn't the armeror be responsible.  You're in this industry.   How does that work.?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11953 on: October 24, 2021, 02:01:53 pm »

Uninformed speculation.

Not uninformed.  He has shown himself publicly to have a big ego, a guy who throws his weight around to get his way, a wise guy who couldn't be bothered with protocol.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11954 on: October 24, 2021, 02:38:06 pm »

Not uninformed.  He has shown himself publicly to have a big ego, a guy who throws his weight around to get his way, a wise guy who couldn't be bothered with protocol.

A big ego does not indicate disregard for safety regulations.  If that were true, all of Hollywood would be even more unsafe than it already is.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11955 on: October 24, 2021, 02:43:52 pm »

it seems it was the assistant director.  Does that make a difference.? Wouldn't the armeror be responsible.  You're in this industry.   How does that work.?

Of course it makes a difference.  The distinction between Assistant Director and Associate Producer is unambiguous. 

As usual, you're proclaiming your own facts born of ignorance.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11956 on: October 24, 2021, 05:42:50 pm »

Of course it makes a difference.  The distinction between Assistant Director and Associate Producer is unambiguous. 

As usual, you're proclaiming your own facts born of ignorance.
Thanks for a smarmy non-answer to either of my questions.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #11957 on: October 24, 2021, 08:33:13 pm »

Thanks for a smarmy non-answer to either of my questions.

I never intended to answer your questions.  My intent was merely to point out your latest in a string of uninformed, incorrect assertions.

For the benefit of all, you understand.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11958 on: October 24, 2021, 09:53:44 pm »

I never intended to answer your questions.  My intent was merely to point out your latest in a string of uninformed, incorrect assertions.

For the benefit of all, you understand.
I asked two questions so we all could become more informed about the process of who declares "cold" gun, whose responsibility it is to do so, etc.  Questions aren't assertions.  Who else asked questions?  It's unfortunate you refused to answer the questions.  Maybe you didn't know the answers.

Do I also have opinions?  Of course.  Everyone here has their opinions and expresses them.  Like so many others here, you just don't want to respectfully listen to people who believe differently than you.  Only your beliefs and assertions are correct. 

TechTalk

« Reply #11959 on: October 25, 2021, 01:34:08 am »

I believe that Biden's policies have caused an increase in the price of oil and gasoline.  You apparently believe he didn't.

The primary subjects of the post, to which you've replied, were your hypocrisy and posting behavior. Anything else was secondary as illustrative of those primary subjects.

We have differing opinions on the matter.

The difference is that you believe that "opinions are based mainly on assumptions" while I believe that opinions should be formed thru facts and evidence.

Neither of us has a monopoly on the truth and facts.

One of us is here to support the search for truth with facts and it isn't you.

That's it.  Why don't you just leave it at that?  I'm willing.

You're more than willing to keep the ride spinning as long as it doesn't become uncomfortable for you. Now that you've repeatedly claimed that I've been lying and distorting facts and your hypocrisy and behavior—like your habit of making up statements and pretending they were made by the person to which your replying as an example—have become topics, you want to stop.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:56:21 am by TechTalk »
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 808   Go Up