Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466196 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #9660 on: April 06, 2021, 10:25:27 pm »

As someone else pointed out, the vote was very close and they asked for a recount. Now compare that with the National Enquirer phrasing you used. Do you think you were justified in putting it that way?

I have nothing against hyperbole, but it works better with an example that's actually outrageous.
You mean like Trump.  Of course, if that doesn't work the Democrats will reverse the election by Congressional fiat

TechTalk

« Reply #9661 on: April 06, 2021, 11:31:06 pm »

You're lying.

The generally recommended course of action in this situation, for someone with your reputation, would be to STFU.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 11:52:50 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Manoli

« Reply #9662 on: April 06, 2021, 11:47:17 pm »

You're lying. Pelosi want to reverse the election results by Democratic controlled congressional fiat.

I’ve told you before, you need to get a better grip on language. There’s a very distinct difference between being simply incorrect and lying. Nevertheless, I’m sure that many of us are delighted you’ve added another word to your limited vocabulary - all you need now is a dictionary to go with it.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9663 on: April 07, 2021, 12:22:11 am »

I’ve told you before, you need to get a better grip on language. There’s a very distinct difference between being simply incorrect and lying. Nevertheless, I’m sure that many of us are delighted you’ve added another word to your limited vocabulary - all you need now is a dictionary to go with it.

You were lying, not simply incorrect.  In any case, this thread is disintegrating as is LuLa overall.

Manoli

« Reply #9664 on: April 07, 2021, 12:41:18 am »

In any case, this thread is disintegrating as is LuLa overall.

If that indeed signals your demise, then we may hopefully return to an informative, reasoned, discussion forum, bereft of your oft inane input.

Manoli

« Reply #9665 on: April 07, 2021, 12:58:06 am »

I was shocked all over again by a Sunday NYT story about how Trump and his campaign cynically ripped off his own supporters in an effort to raise campaign funds in the waning weeks of the election. In their election appeals, scattered far and wide by the internet, they "pre-checked" a small, obscure box ... Given the financial status of most of his supporters, this was a truly evil thing to do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/us/politics/trump-donations.html

Something that none of the Trump cheerleaders in this thread felt the need to comment on.  For Trump and his ilk, the new normal. As you say, evil.

TechTalk

« Reply #9666 on: April 07, 2021, 01:11:14 am »

You were lying, not simply incorrect.

As The Brothers Johnson have so succinctly put it, Get the Funk Outta My Face...

https://www.youtube.com/Get the Funk Outta My Face (Live)
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

jeremyrh

« Reply #9667 on: April 07, 2021, 03:01:23 am »

This comment is out of place here, IMO. Alan seems earnest and well-meaning but he is so poorly informed and illogical that his post are full of ... well, you know. A "lie" is intentionally stating something that you know is false. I don't think Alan does that. He just thinks this stuff is true. Like his hero the Orange Menace.

I refer you to post 9462 - a clear lie. Hence, Alan is a liar.

dreed

« Reply #9668 on: April 07, 2021, 06:19:02 am »

I don't think Alan does that. He just thinks this stuff is true. Like his hero the Orange Menace.

I think you're right. It is shocking how complete the brain washing is.

As per the novel 1984: "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

That is why Trump branded everything "Fake News". To control what people thought without them realising it.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #9669 on: April 07, 2021, 07:36:32 am »

Here's another fascinating podcast I came across about the US criminal justice system, https://www.npr.org/2021/03/24/980671402/out-of-prison-but-still-trapped-examining-the-afterlife-of-incarceration.

From the blurb: University of Chicago professor Reuben Jonathan Miller estimates that there are 45,000 "laws, policies and administrative sanctions" in the U.S. that target people with criminal records. Some ban the formerly incarcerated from serving on juries. Others prevent people with records from gaining employment.

There were some startling numbers in this podcast. They stated that 80 million Americans have a criminal record. How can almost 1/4 of a country have a criminal record? I hope that's not accurate.

It seems to be normal for criminals to be charged with all kinds of fees and they’re usually not in a position to pay. E.g., in Florida the convicted person has to pay a $60 fee to have their conviction archived in the state records. Numerous other examples are given. Unless the convicted person's family can pay all these fees, the prisoners accrue large debts they can't repay, even after being released since they have difficulty finding jobs.

Nobody really cares about criminals, I guess, but it makes me wonder what the purpose of all that is or what it accomplishes. I also can't help but wonder about the influence of the private prison corporations. It seems like an under-investigated area, or at least I'm not aware of any. It must be in a lot of people's interests to keep as many people in jail for as long as possible. I'm not sad that violent offenders are kept behind bars, but there can't be 80 million of those. There's big money involved so those private prison corporations must have a lot of politicians on their side, one way or another.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #9670 on: April 07, 2021, 07:44:00 am »

... Of course, if that doesn't work the Democrats will reverse the election by Congressional fiat

Where has that happened?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9671 on: April 07, 2021, 10:24:22 am »

I think you're right. It is shocking how complete the brain washing is.

As per the novel 1984: "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

That is why Trump branded everything "Fake News". To control what people thought without them realising it.
You're the one suffering from TDS, not me.  Fake news has existed for the decades I've followed it.  It's always been liberal, and favoring the Demcorats.  You just don't have a clue.

faberryman

« Reply #9672 on: April 07, 2021, 10:29:46 am »

By the way, isn't it Democrat Speaker Nancy Pelosi who wants to reverse the Republican win for Congresswoman even though the Republican got more votes? People in glass houses should't throw stones.
Pelosi's attempt to overturn Miller-Meeks' certified Iowa win: What to know
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-attempt-overturn-miller-meeks-certified-iowa-win

For some reason, House Republicans and Trump supporters everywhere, including Alan, are expressing righteous indignation that a Democrat would challenge the election of a Republican who won by six votes, but are silent about the fact that at the same time, before the same House Committee, a Republican is challenging the election of a Democrat who won by 5000 votes.

Republicans want Democrats to stop probing Iowa race, but don't talk as much about similar Illinois challenge

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-iowa-02-race-similar-challenge-illinois

That fact was referred to in the article Alan linked to, but Alan conveniently forgot to mention it.

"Lofgren has defended the work of the committee and pointed out that election contests are not unusual, and used by both parties. In fact, Republicans are currently challenging the win in Illinois of Democratic Rep. Lauren Underwood, which the committee is also reviewing."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-attempt-overturn-miller-meeks-certified-iowa-win

And, as I mentioned yesterday, the Democrat who was challenging the election of the Republican, about which Alan has his panties in such a wad, withdrew her objection last week and conceded the race.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rita-hart-backs-down-iowa-election-challenge-miller-meeks

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #9673 on: April 07, 2021, 10:34:11 am »

You mean like Trump....

Yes. He challenged elections in several jurisdictions. Nobody tried to stop him. He lost many times, sometimes embarrassingly so, as his presentations were outlandishly stupid.

What's your point? Do you have one?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9674 on: April 07, 2021, 10:38:36 am »

Where has that happened?
That's what Democrat Speaker of the House Pelosi planned on doing.  Overriding an election to install a Democrat when a Republican won.   Subsequently, the congresswoman who lost had the grace to stop the power grab of her own party.  The question is, why is Trump the only one who the media says can't accept an election?  With the biased fake news media, the democrat power grab quickly goes away.  You probably didn;t even know about it because the media protects the Democrats and Biden, always going after Republicans.  it's a disgrace the media doesn't do its job fairly and continually deceives the public.

Mar 26: Pelosi defends possible expulsion of Iowa Republican who won by 6 votes
https://nypost.com/2021/03/26/pelosi-defends-possible-expulsion-of-iowa-republican/

Mar 31: Iowa Democrat drops bid for House seat she lost by 6 votes
https://nypost.com/2021/03/26/pelosi-defends-possible-expulsion-of-iowa-republican/

faberryman

« Reply #9675 on: April 07, 2021, 10:52:43 am »

That's what Democrat Speaker of the House Pelosi planned on doing.  Overriding an election to install a Democrat when a Republican won.   Subsequently, the congresswoman who lost had the grace to stop the power grab of her own party.  The question is, why is Trump the only one who the media says can't accept an election?  With the biased fake news media, the democrat power grab quickly goes away.  You probably didn;t even know about it because the media protects the Democrats and Biden, always going after Republicans.  it's a disgrace the media doesn't do its job fairly and continually deceives the public.

I'll just repeat what I said earlier:

"For some reason, House Republicans and Trump supporters everywhere, including Alan, are expressing righteous indignation that a Democrat would challenge the election of a Republican who won by six votes, but are silent about the fact that at the same time, before the same House Committee, a Republican is challenging the election of a Democrat who won by 5000 votes.

Republicans want Democrats to stop probing Iowa race, but don't talk as much about similar Illinois challenge

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-iowa-02-race-similar-challenge-illinois

That fact was referred to in the article Alan linked to, but Alan conveniently forgot to mention it.

"Lofgren has defended the work of the committee and pointed out that election contests are not unusual, and used by both parties. In fact, Republicans are currently challenging the win in Illinois of Democratic Rep. Lauren Underwood, which the committee is also reviewing."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-attempt-overturn-miller-meeks-certified-iowa-win"

The question on everyone's mind is why Alan would fail to mention that in his post?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:58:03 am by faberryman »

jeremyrh

« Reply #9676 on: April 07, 2021, 10:53:21 am »

That's what Democrat Speaker of the House Pelosi planned on doing. 

So did it happen, yes or no?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #9677 on: April 07, 2021, 10:57:23 am »

That's what Democrat Speaker of the House Pelosi planned on doing. 

So what you're saying is that this is your interpretation. I choose to ignore it then, based on your unreliable history.
--
Robert

Peter McLennan

« Reply #9678 on: April 07, 2021, 11:29:10 am »

Something that none of the Trump cheerleaders in this thread felt the need to comment on.

That’s because they’ve all bailed, except poor Alan, who apparently persists out of sheer boredom.

“Wake me when it hits 60,000” Slobodan - gone.
Serially insulting and condescending Lameson - toast.
BBQ Joe - nearly invisible.

Like their orange leader, they’re losers, their indefensible positions abandoned in the face of unrelenting evidence and fact.

Kudos to all who persist in the face of incessant idiocy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:26:11 pm by Peter McLennan »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9679 on: April 07, 2021, 11:58:43 am »

I'll just repeat what I said earlier:

"For some reason, House Republicans and Trump supporters everywhere, including Alan, are expressing righteous indignation that a Democrat would challenge the election of a Republican who won by six votes, but are silent about the fact that at the same time, before the same House Committee, a Republican is challenging the election of a Democrat who won by 5000 votes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-attempt-overturn-miller-meeks-certified-iowa-win"

The question on everyone's mind is why Alan would fail to mention that in his post?
I never said that Frank.  Why are you lying? I never said she shouldn't challenge the vote, demand recounts, etc.  What I flagged was Nancy Pelosi's plan to overthrow the republican win by Congressional fiat.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 808   Go Up