Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 471412 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #9680 on: April 07, 2021, 12:00:48 pm »

So what you're saying is that this is your interpretation. I choose to ignore it then, based on your unreliable history.
You can't ignore the article.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #9681 on: April 07, 2021, 12:02:02 pm »

In any case, this thread is disintegrating as is LuLa overall.
When can we expect to see you move on from LuLa overall?
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

faberryman

« Reply #9682 on: April 07, 2021, 12:18:58 pm »

I never said that Frank.  Why are you lying? I never said she shouldn't challenge the vote, demand recounts, etc.  What I flagged was Nancy Pelosi's plan to overthrow the republican win by Congressional fiat.

Sure sounded like righteous indignation to me.

Don't think that nobody noticed that you dodged the question about why you failed to mention that at the same time and before the same House committee a Republican was challenging the election of a Democrat who won by 5000 votes. It was in the article you linked to.

I have read the article carefully and it does not support your allegation that Nancy Pelosi had a "plan to overthrow the republican win by Congressional fiat." Perhaps you linked to the wrong article.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:27:11 pm by faberryman »

TechTalk

« Reply #9683 on: April 07, 2021, 12:40:21 pm »

Please try to keep up with the news. Rita Hart gave up her challenge against Mariannette Miller-Meeks last week.

Amusing.
A legally requested recount on a margin of just 6 votes doesn’t really compare with Trump pressuring Raffensperger to upend an election.

It's unfortunate that Rita Hart conceded and gave up her election challenge in the House. I read the challenge that was presented to the House committee. She had a very strong case that 22 ballots, which were never counted, were legitimate votes mistakenly set aside by election workers. Those votes would have given her a win by nine votes. Of course that doesn't prevent phony manufactured outrage—nothing does. Rita Hart decided not to add fuel to the absurdly toxic environment that exists currently, but I would have liked to see a full airing of the disputed votes.

The Constitution gives the House and Senate the right to examine and determine elections and whether to seat members. "Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members". The language is absolutely clear and unambiguous. They are in no way bound by state certification of an election.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:52:55 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9684 on: April 07, 2021, 12:48:09 pm »

Sure sounded like righteous indignation to me.

Don't think that nobody noticed that you dodged the question about why you failed to mention that at the same time and before the same House committee a Republican was challenging the election of a Democrat who won by 5000 votes. It was in the article you linked to.

I have read the article carefully and it does not support your allegation that Nancy Pelosi had a "plan to overthrow the republican win by Congressional fiat." Perhaps you linked to the wrong article.
I posted two articles.  Maybe you missed the second that explains Pelosi's nefarious plans to overthrow the election and democracy in Iowa.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-attempt-overturn-miller-meeks-certified-iowa-win

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9685 on: April 07, 2021, 12:50:50 pm »

Regarding the 5000 vote issue, certainly, if a candidate feels there should be a recount,  they should follow up with all legal means to assure the final results were fairly counted.  But my post had nothing to do with that case. It was about Nancy Pelosi's attempted diktat.

jeremyrh

« Reply #9686 on: April 07, 2021, 12:51:33 pm »

I posted two articles.  Maybe you missed the second that explains Pelosi's nefarious plans to overthrow the election and democracy in Iowa.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-attempt-overturn-miller-meeks-certified-iowa-win

It does no such thing, of course.

I think "linking to the wrong article" has been a consistent theme for Alan.

TechTalk

« Reply #9687 on: April 07, 2021, 12:57:06 pm »

Pelosi's nefarious plans to overthrow the election and democracy in Iowa.

Phony manufactured outrage or unabashed paranoia? We report; you decide.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9688 on: April 07, 2021, 12:57:42 pm »

It's unfortunate that Rita Hart conceded and gave up her election challenge in the House. I read the challenge that was presented to the House committee. She had a very strong case that 22 ballots, which were never counted, were legitimate votes mistakenly set aside by election workers. Those votes would have given her a win by nine votes. Of course that doesn't prevent phony manufactured outrage—nothing does. Rita Hart decided not to add fuel to the absurdly toxic environment that exists currently; but, I would have liked to see a full airing of the disputed votes.

The Constitution gives the House and Senate the right to examine and determine elections and whether to seat members. "Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members". The language is absolutely clear and unambiguous. They are in no way bound by state certification of an election.
The democrats already impeached twice for political reasons and the fact they had the majority in the House.  We can't run a government based on who has more votes with no consideration of the damage to governing that occurs when political games are played.  Also, what goes around comes around.  The Republicans will one day own the house again.  Memories are long. 

The Democratic Congresswoman who conceded to end the fray understood that.  She had more sense than Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the Democratic party.  Even more sense than Donald Trump.

TechTalk

« Reply #9689 on: April 07, 2021, 12:57:50 pm »

Why not? You continually ignore what people link and what they post, as you divert down rabbit holes; make repeated false assertions; and robotically parrot a set of talking points.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9690 on: April 07, 2021, 01:00:49 pm »

Why not? You continually ignore what people link and what they post, as you divert down rabbit holes; make repeated false assertions; and robotically parrot a set of talking points.
It's unfortunate you think of my consistent beliefs as "parroting".

TechTalk

« Reply #9691 on: April 07, 2021, 01:00:56 pm »

The democrats already impeached twice for political reasons and the fact they had the majority in the House.  We can't run a government based on who has more votes with no consideration of the damage to governing that occurs when political games are played.  Also, what goes around comes around.  The Republicans will one day own the house again.  Memories are long. 

The Democratic Congresswoman who conceded to end the fray understood that.  She had more sense than Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the Democratic party.  Even more sense than Donald Trump.

"Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members". Don't like it? Take it up with the framers.

TechTalk

« Reply #9692 on: April 07, 2021, 01:08:17 pm »

It's unfortunate you think of my consistent beliefs as "parroting".

It is unfortunate, as it makes a rational discussion impossible.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9693 on: April 07, 2021, 01:24:14 pm »

"Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members". Don't like it? Take it up with the framers.
The same could be true for Trump to take legal action to protect the vote in the presidential election.  Yet, you didn't like that.  You objected accusing him of not allowing democracy to work.  It seems it's only OK when your guy does it.

TechTalk

« Reply #9694 on: April 07, 2021, 01:31:37 pm »

The same could be true for Trump to take legal action to protect the vote in the presidential election.  Yet, you didn't like that.  You objected accusing him of not allowing democracy to work.  It seems it's only OK when your guy does it.

Hogwash. And... I can express my own objections. Your "interpretations" do not represent my views, and are only a reflection of what you choose to believe and your emotions. No surprise.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:39:13 pm by TechTalk »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #9695 on: April 07, 2021, 01:32:45 pm »

Are you still whining about Trump. Not only did he lose the election, he lost all the election challenges (nearly all), he is waging war on "his" party, and may be up on criminal charges, (although given the success with which they prosecute white collar financial crime, he'll do ok). You have to let go. Your hero was a chump. Best to deal with that. :)
--
Robert

faberryman

« Reply #9696 on: April 07, 2021, 02:18:05 pm »

I read the article you linked to and a fair reading of it does not support your allegation that Nancy Pelosi has "nefarious plans to overthrow the election and democracy in Iowa."

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9697 on: April 07, 2021, 02:33:54 pm »

Are you still whining about Trump. Not only did he lose the election, he lost all the election challenges (nearly all), he is waging war on "his" party, and may be up on criminal charges, (although given the success with which they prosecute white collar financial crime, he'll do ok). You have to let go. Your hero was a chump. Best to deal with that. :)
I'm not defending Trump's win or loss.  I stated here months ago I thought he lost.  But I am defending his right to defend himself demanding recounts just as the congresswoman who lost by 6 votes has a right to defend her rights and demand recounts and fair play.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9698 on: April 07, 2021, 02:34:44 pm »

I read the article you linked to and a fair reading of it does not support your allegation that Nancy Pelosi has "nefarious plans to overthrow the election and democracy in Iowa."
That's OK.  Others can read the article and make up their own minds.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #9699 on: April 07, 2021, 03:13:55 pm »

I'm not defending Trump's win or loss.  I stated here months ago I thought he lost.  But I am defending his right to defend himself demanding recounts...

Of course.  He defended this right to a recount some sixty times in courts across land and LOST.  Every single time but one, IIRC.

Do you also defend his right to ask Georgia to "find" over a thousand votes in his favour?

Do you also defend his right to request and support an insurrection in the Capitol in support of his perceived "right"?

(anyone taking bets on whether these questions get answers?)
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 808   Go Up