Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466557 times)

TechTalk

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #8520 on: March 04, 2021, 05:40:13 pm »

Trump had ordered around 170 million doses of Pfizer's vaccine in December with an option to buy another 400 million more.  So Biden is executing the pre-purchase order in Trump's deal. Also, Trump ordered from Moderna and others.

First, lets untwist some terminology before straightening out the rest of the facts. A pre-order is an order you place which will be released and shipped at a later date, but won't be charged until it ships. A pre-purchase is a pre-order for which you will be charged immediately upon placing your order, which will ship at a later date. An option to buy is an agreement in which a specific quantity of product is purchased with the right to order more of that product within a specified period, but without a requirement or commitment to do so. An option to buy is not an order, a pre-order, or a pre-purchase order.

Trump ordered 100 million doses (enough to fully vaccinate 50 million people) from Pfizer in July, 2020 and declined multiple options to buy more doses thru November. In November, BioNTech and Pfizer announced they reached an agreement with the European Commission to supply 200 million doses of the vaccine, with an option to deliver 100 million more doses. Pfizer issued a statement noting that any additional doses beyond the 100 million initially agreed to by the United States are “subject to a separate and mutually acceptable agreement." "Pfizer did offer an additional allotment coming out of that [Michigan] plant, basically the second quarter allotment, to the United States government multiple times, and as recently as after the interim data came out and we knew this vaccine looked to be effective," Gottlieb said on CNBC. [Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former FDA Commissioner and currently Pfizer board member]

In early December, shortly before the Pfizer vaccine became the first to receive FDA emergency use authorization, several news outlets began reporting that the Trump administration had turned down the option to buy more vaccine beyond the initial order. A few days later, the Trump administration announced they had ordered an additional 100 million dose from Moderna. They then scrambled to reach a new agreement with Pfizer for an additional 100 million doses and finally secured that order at the end of December. This brought the total Pfizer order to 200 million doses, enough to fully vaccinate 100 million people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/14/covid-vaccine-us-passed-on-more-pfizer-doses-in-november-says-board-member-gottlieb

https://www.biospace.com/12-08-20/u-s-government-passes-on-opportunity-to-buy-more-pfizer-vaccine-doses

There was a delay of several months between the initial orders and additional orders at the end of the year. The additional orders, placed from the middle to end of December, brought the total amount of vaccine ordered from both companies to 400 million doses, enough to vaccinate 200 million people, but still not enough to cover fully vaccinating the U.S. adult population.

Biden quickly ordered an additional 200 million doses, securing enough vaccine for all adults in the U.S., split between Pfizer and Moderna. The order contracts initiated by Biden were negotiated, with both companies, to include expediting the delivery by a month. Of course getting more vaccine, and getting it faster, doesn't help if they're not used expeditiously. So, there has been a major effort to provide federal resources and personnel to states to continually increase vaccination rates.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/11/967194072/biden-announces-deal-for-200-million-more-covid-19-vaccines
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 06:17:30 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

faberryman

« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 06:14:46 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #8522 on: March 04, 2021, 06:25:31 pm »

I read the median age of a Fox News viewer is 65. I can't think of who else that would get worked up over Mr. Potato Head.
Months or years?  :D
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

faberryman

« Reply #8523 on: March 04, 2021, 06:31:46 pm »

Months or years?  :D

Hasbro probably wasn't selling enough Mr./Mrs. Potato Heads to justify two SKUs. Maybe if those 65+ year olds were buying more Mr./Mrs. Potato Heads for their grandchildren they wouldn't be in tears. Did you know there was a Mr. Potato Head app?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 06:46:06 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8524 on: March 04, 2021, 06:32:57 pm »

Hasbro probably wasn't selling enough Mr./Mrs. Potato Heads to justify two SKUs. Maybe if those 65+ year olds were buying more Mr./Mrs. Potato Heads for their grandchildren they wouldn't be in tears. Did you know there was a Mr. Potato Head app?
What I recall as a child, was I had to actually supply a real potato to play with Mr. Potato Head.

faberryman

« Reply #8525 on: March 04, 2021, 06:43:32 pm »

Well, you keep repeating what a terrific job Biden has done and Biden repeatedly complains how Trump left him with an empty cupboard, which is not true.

Poor Donald Trump. Poor poor Donald Trump. Never gets enough credit.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #8526 on: March 04, 2021, 06:47:24 pm »

Poor Donald Trump. Poor poor Donald Trump. Never gets enough credit.

He was doing okay for a while with respect to credit, but then Deutsche Bank pulled the plug.

faberryman

« Reply #8527 on: March 04, 2021, 06:49:55 pm »

So this was pretty hilarious.

Republican Sen. Ron Johnson forces Senate to read all 628 pages of Biden's COVID bill aloud

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/03/04/ron-johnson-forces-senate-read-bidens-entire-covid-19-bill-aloud/4582579001/

"As the clerk began reading the bill Thursday afternoon, Johnson was the only Republican senator in the chamber. He sat watching the clerk, his blue face mask resting on his desk."

Peter McLennan

« Reply #8528 on: March 04, 2021, 06:56:52 pm »

... but the reference conceptual layouts and procedural flow methodology come from our friends in Canada. Thanks Canada!

You bet, 'bro!

If you need any other advice in caring for the health of your citizens, we're here for ya.  :)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #8529 on: March 04, 2021, 06:59:11 pm »

That's my opinion, for the Truth Brigade here.

You say that as if you don't love us.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #8530 on: March 04, 2021, 07:06:56 pm »

Don Junior; too funny.

We gotta disagree there.  Don Junior is far from funny.  He's fucking horrifying.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #8531 on: March 04, 2021, 07:09:51 pm »

We gotta disagree there.  Don Junior is far from funny.  He's fucking horrifying.

He reminds me of a school bully from middle school.
-MattB

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8532 on: March 04, 2021, 09:34:33 pm »

First, lets untwist some terminology before straightening out the rest of the facts. A pre-order is an order you place which will be released and shipped at a later date, but won't be charged until it ships. A pre-purchase is a pre-order for which you will be charged immediately upon placing your order, which will ship at a later date. An option to buy is an agreement in which a specific quantity of product is purchased with the right to order more of that product within a specified period, but without a requirement or commitment to do so. An option to buy is not an order, a pre-order, or a pre-purchase order.

Trump ordered 100 million doses (enough to fully vaccinate 50 million people) from Pfizer in July, 2020 and declined multiple options to buy more doses thru November. In November, BioNTech and Pfizer announced they reached an agreement with the European Commission to supply 200 million doses of the vaccine, with an option to deliver 100 million more doses. Pfizer issued a statement noting that any additional doses beyond the 100 million initially agreed to by the United States are “subject to a separate and mutually acceptable agreement." "Pfizer did offer an additional allotment coming out of that [Michigan] plant, basically the second quarter allotment, to the United States government multiple times, and as recently as after the interim data came out and we knew this vaccine looked to be effective," Gottlieb said on CNBC. [Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former FDA Commissioner and currently Pfizer board member]

In early December, shortly before the Pfizer vaccine became the first to receive FDA emergency use authorization, several news outlets began reporting that the Trump administration had turned down the option to buy more vaccine beyond the initial order. A few days later, the Trump administration announced they had ordered an additional 100 million dose from Moderna. They then scrambled to reach a new agreement with Pfizer for an additional 100 million doses and finally secured that order at the end of December. This brought the total Pfizer order to 200 million doses, enough to fully vaccinate 100 million people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/14/covid-vaccine-us-passed-on-more-pfizer-doses-in-november-says-board-member-gottlieb

https://www.biospace.com/12-08-20/u-s-government-passes-on-opportunity-to-buy-more-pfizer-vaccine-doses

There was a delay of several months between the initial orders and additional orders at the end of the year. The additional orders, placed from the middle to end of December, brought the total amount of vaccine ordered from both companies to 400 million doses, enough to vaccinate 200 million people, but still not enough to cover fully vaccinating the U.S. adult population.

Biden quickly ordered an additional 200 million doses, securing enough vaccine for all adults in the U.S., split between Pfizer and Moderna. The order contracts initiated by Biden were negotiated, with both companies, to include expediting the delivery by a month. Of course getting more vaccine, and getting it faster, doesn't help if they're not used expeditiously. So, there has been a major effort to provide federal resources and personnel to states to continually increase vaccination rates.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/11/967194072/biden-announces-deal-for-200-million-more-covid-19-vaccines

So Trump order 400 million doses through December 2020.  That's 200 million people at two doses per.  For comparison, there are 330 million Americans but children are not eligible for the injections.  Currently, 80,540,474 million injections have been given and 107,028,890 distributed. 

So what is your point?  That Biden is ordering more doses?  Well, he's president.  He supposed to do that.  IF Trump was still president, he would have ordered more doses now too.  So Biden is keeping the ball rolling that Trump started with Operation Warp Speed.

But what Biden is trying to claim is to take credit for Operation Warp Speed rather than giving Trump the credit with the phony argument the cupboards were bare.  How could they be bare with 400 million doses bought and negotiated prior to Trump leaving office and only around one quarter used to date?     

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #8533 on: March 04, 2021, 09:51:25 pm »

So Trump order 400 million doses through December 2020.  That's 200 million people at two doses per.  For comparison, there are 330 million Americans but children are not eligible for the injections.  Currently, 80,540,474 million injections have been given and 107,028,890 distributed. 

So what is your point?  That Biden is ordering more doses?  Well, he's president.  He supposed to do that.  IF Trump was still president, he would have ordered more doses now too.  So Biden is keeping the ball rolling that Trump started with Operation Warp Speed.

But what Biden is trying to claim is to take credit for Operation Warp Speed rather than giving Trump the credit with the phony argument the cupboards were bare.  How could they be bare with 400 million doses bought and negotiated prior to Trump leaving office and only around one quarter used to date?   

We all need heroes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0.
--
Robert

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8534 on: March 04, 2021, 11:19:47 pm »

The plot thickens.

The FBI on Thursday arrested Federico Klein, a former State Department aide, on charges related to the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, marking the first known instance of an appointee of President Donald Trump facing criminal prosecution in connection with the attempt to block Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s victory.

faberryman

« Reply #8535 on: March 05, 2021, 07:05:16 am »

For the sake of argument, let's say that's true. Why do you care so much that Trump gets the credit?

I haven’t been watching much news on television. I do watch my newsfeed, but I haven’t read too much about Biden bragging about his accomplishments. Maybe because he isn’t lying to us all day, every day on Twitter or gaslighting us on the way over to Marine One.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 08:12:41 am by faberryman »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #8536 on: March 05, 2021, 07:48:12 am »

... But what Biden is trying to claim is to take credit for Operation Warp Speed rather than giving Trump the credit with the phony argument the cupboards were bare.  ...

But aren't you the one who is constantly claiming that the US does have a huge debt, so maybe the "cupboards are bare"? I don't believe that for a moment, btw. Bankrupt countries don't maintain 700 military bases in 120 countries, nor do they go shopping for F-35s.

But to your other point, I don't watch much daily news as a rule, I can't say I've detected Biden doing much crowing about all that he is accomplishing, including taking credit for anything Trump has done. That's an exaggeration, at best.

And another thing. You have tried a couple of times recently to raise the Biden senility meme. Might be time to put that to bed, don't you think. Or is your plan to keep repeating it till the day when it's actually true so you can say "I told you so" ?  :)
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #8537 on: March 05, 2021, 07:56:35 am »

Trump doesn't like Karl Rove, https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/donald-trump-fox-news-fire-karl-rove_n_6041c6cfc5b6429d0832553e.

Imagine a world where Karl Rove isn't right-wing enough for you. :)

I find it a little bizarre that, according to the article, Trump is demanding that FOX fire Rove. Trump was stomping his feet and holding his breath till he turned blue, but I don't see how he can demand that FOX do anything. Were it me, I'd be looking to see if FOX stock prices drop after his tirades and then check to see if he or his associates were profiting from these statements. But I'm a very suspicious person when it comes to grifters.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8538 on: March 05, 2021, 08:30:47 am »

For the sake of argument, let's say that's true. Why do you care so much that Trump gets the credit?

I haven’t been watching much news on television. I do watch my newsfeed, but I haven’t read too much about Biden bragging about his accomplishments. Maybe because he isn’t lying to us all day, every day on Twitter or gaslighting us on the way over to Marine One.
The Democrats are trying to score political points off of my party's accomplishments.  It's like a photographer stealing someone else's pictures. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8539 on: March 05, 2021, 08:38:10 am »

But aren't you the one who is constantly claiming that the US does have a huge debt, so maybe the "cupboards are bare"? I don't believe that for a moment, btw. Bankrupt countries don't maintain 700 military bases in 120 countries, nor do they go shopping for F-35s.

But to your other point, I don't watch much daily news as a rule, I can't say I've detected Biden doing much crowing about all that he is accomplishing, including taking credit for anything Trump has done. That's an exaggeration, at best.

And another thing. You have tried a couple of times recently to raise the Biden senility meme. Might be time to put that to bed, don't you think. Or is your plan to keep repeating it till the day when it's actually true so you can say "I told you so" ?  :)
If Biden complained about the debt created under Trump, that would be legitimate.  Of course, it's difficult for the Democrats to do that since they're the ones who want to spend $1.9 trillion, much more than the Republicans.  But both parties are spendthrifts and America is suffering because of it. 

As far as putting things to bed, your side spent 5 years calling Trump all kinds of names from orange hair whatever to traitor.  Now suddenly because your guy's in office, you feel we should be more polite about our leaders.  As usual a double standard on your part.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 808   Go Up