Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 807   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 465007 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #8540 on: March 05, 2021, 09:01:53 am »

If Biden complained about the debt created under Trump, that would be legitimate.  Of course, it's difficult for the Democrats to do that since they're the ones who want to spend $1.9 trillion, much more than the Republicans.  But both parties are spendthrifts and America is suffering because of it. 

As far as putting things to bed, your side spent 5 years calling Trump all kinds of names from orange hair whatever to traitor.  Now suddenly because your guy's in office, you feel we should be more polite about our leaders.  As usual a double standard on your part.

Trump just asked for all those comments with all the shenanigans he made instead of governing. Biden doesn't waste any time for stupid lies or praising himself.

faberryman

« Reply #8541 on: March 05, 2021, 09:22:14 am »

The Democrats are trying to score political points off of my party's accomplishments.  It's like a photographer stealing someone else's pictures.

You didn't seem nearly so fastidious about assigning credit to the appropriate person when Trump was scoring points off the previous administration's accomplishments.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:28:56 am by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #8542 on: March 05, 2021, 09:25:22 am »

It's like a photographer stealing someone else's pictures.
That likelihood is nothing for him to worry about.😜
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

faberryman

« Reply #8543 on: March 05, 2021, 09:27:20 am »

IAs far as putting things to bed, your side spent 5 years calling Trump all kinds of names from orange hair whatever to traitor.

I never called Trump a traitor or an orange hair whatever. I did call him an orange faced liar because he used so much suntan makeup his face was orange and he lied a lot, so that seems like a fair assessment.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:46:24 am by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8544 on: March 05, 2021, 09:27:54 am »

You didn't seem nearly so fastidious about it when Trump was scoring points off the previous administration's accomplishments.

Alan “ Hypocrisye”.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8545 on: March 05, 2021, 09:30:27 am »

Trump just asked for all those comments with all the shenanigans he made instead of governing. Biden doesn't waste any time for stupid lies or praising himself.
You mean when they tried to destroy him by calling him a traitor and colluding with the Russians?  He asked for that?  You mean when the FBI used a phony dossier to spy on his campaign?  He asked for that too? Being a big mouth did not give the Democrats the right to abuse their power to destroy a political opponent.  All you're doing is blaming the victim for his political opponent's illegal actions. 

Regarding Biden, he's lying when he takes credit and praises himself for the work Trump did regarding vaccines.  Let's wait a while to see what Biden does before patting him on the shoulder.  I hope he does well as we all benefit. But let it be from his actions.  Meanwhile, in just a few weeks, Biden has destroyed the lid Trump put on illegal immigration into the country from Mexico.  We now have another crisis on our hands with hundreds of minors coming across the border daily being shuffled there by gangsters in Mexico.  It seems he's intent on destroying almost everything Trump did, good or bad, just for political gain for himself even if the country suffers.  He even hurt Canada his first day in office canceling your pipeline and thousands of Canadian as well as American jobs it generated.  What did your PM have to say about it? I don't think he was very happy.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #8546 on: March 05, 2021, 09:34:49 am »

If Biden complained about the debt created under Trump, that would be legitimate.  Of course, it's difficult for the Democrats to do that since they're the ones who want to spend $1.9 trillion, much more than the Republicans.  But both parties are spendthrifts and America is suffering because of it. 

As far as putting things to bed, your side spent 5 years calling Trump all kinds of names from orange hair whatever to traitor.  Now suddenly because your guy's in office, you feel we should be more polite about our leaders.  As usual a double standard on your part.

My guy?
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #8547 on: March 05, 2021, 09:37:06 am »

... Regarding Biden, he's lying when he takes credit and praises himself for the work Trump did regarding vaccines.  ...

You slipped that one in again. Did he, in fact, do that?  I'm not being facetious, I'd like to see an example, video or article, I don't follow US news minute by minute.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8548 on: March 05, 2021, 09:39:30 am »

You didn't seem nearly so fastidious about assigning credit to the appropriate person when Trump was scoring points off the previous administration's accomplishments.
What points are those?  The only one I can possibly think of is Trump's claim that he did better for the economy taking credit for better job numbers.  I think Obama did lower the unemployment a lot and Trump continued it. Ditto with the stock market.  Of course, Trump added the tax bill that goosed the economy a little more.  But he printed too much so there's that.  A mixed bag. Both created bubbles, a continuation of Bush's real estate bubble.  So all three, and now Biden, are going to add to these with the stock market as well as real estate bubbles.    So they're all guilty of that. 

This is how I see the Covid problem.  Trump got the ball rolling with Warp Speed and I hope Biden finishes the job.  Both presidents can then take a bow.

faberryman

« Reply #8549 on: March 05, 2021, 09:41:46 am »

You mean when they tried to destroy him by calling him a traitor and colluding with the Russians?  He asked for that?  You mean when the FBI used a phony dossier to spy on his campaign?  He asked for that too? Being a big mouth did not give the Democrats the right to abuse their power to destroy a political opponent.  All you're doing is blaming the victim for his political opponent's illegal actions. 

Regarding Biden, he's lying when he takes credit and praises himself for the work Trump did regarding vaccines.  Let's wait a while to see what Biden does before patting him on the shoulder.  I hope he does well as we all benefit. But let it be from his actions.  Meanwhile, in just a few weeks, Biden has destroyed the lid Trump put on illegal immigration into the country from Mexico.  We now have another crisis on our hands with hundreds of minors coming across the border daily being shuffled there by gangsters in Mexico.  It seems he's intent on destroying almost everything Trump did, good or bad, just for political gain for himself even if the country suffers.  He even hurt Canada his first day in office canceling your pipeline and thousands of Canadian as well as American jobs it generated.  What did your PM have to say about it? I don't think he was very happy.

It is just hilarious listening to you say stuff like that. Have you petitioned the Pope to make Trump a saint yet?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8550 on: March 05, 2021, 09:42:48 am »

My guy?
You support Biden.  That makes him your guy, a figure of speech.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8551 on: March 05, 2021, 09:46:16 am »

It is just hilarious listening to you say stuff like that. Have you petitioned the Pope to make Trump a saint yet?
There you go again, Frank - changing the subject.  Rather than attacking my points, you attack me personally.  Good job. 

faberryman

« Reply #8552 on: March 05, 2021, 10:05:08 am »

There you go again, Frank - changing the subject.  Rather than attacking my points, you attack me personally.  Good job.

It is not changing the subject to say that I found reading your "points" hilarious. You seem completely oblivious to the irony of your post. Certainly your continuous heaping of praise on Trump warrants comment, in this case about his sainthood.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 10:21:21 am by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8553 on: March 05, 2021, 10:21:37 am »

It is not changing the subject to say that I found reading your "points" hilarious. You seem completely oblivious to the irony of your post. Certainly your continuous heaping of praise on Trump warrants comment, in this case about his sainthood.
There you go again making fun of me rather than addressing the points.  My points are "hilarious".  Glad I was able to make you laugh. 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8554 on: March 05, 2021, 10:39:22 am »

Poor Alan, people are laughing at him, "attacking" him, he thinks people called him a liar, he gets no respect. Yet he keeps posting and hasn't figured out how to put himself on his own Ignore List.   

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #8555 on: March 05, 2021, 11:14:00 am »

As much as you adore Trump, he was voted as the worst US president ever. Just google "Trump worst president" and you'll get 131 million hits, ranging from Washington Post to Minnesota Post. Including same commentaries from Arnold Schwarzenegger to PBS.

Mr. Trump who will be forever relegated to the basement of U.S. presidential rankings. Indeed, if anyone must be smiling down from heaven it has to be James Buchanan, president for one term from 1857 to 1861, who (almost always) has been rated as the worst of the worst in historic presidential rankings.

Trump lies incessantly. He has made more than 10,100 false or misleading statements since his inauguration on everything from crowd size to how tariffs work, according to Washington Post fact checkers. And, no, Mr. President, we don’t need IDs to buy groceries. Sadly, Trump has so normalized lying that we are no longer shocked by it. Is this a person we want our children to emulate?

● Trump is corrupt. Last fall, a New York Times article listed numerous ways Trump, his family and aides have used the presidency to enrich themselves. These include taxpayers subsidizing Trump when he stays at his properties; Trump’s companies pushing to expand overseas with help from foreign governments; and foreign officials trying to curry favor by spending money at Trump’s properties.

Trump has sued to stop German bank Deutsche Bank from providing his financial records to two House committees. Deutsche Bank, which has faced scandals over past dealings with Russians, made large loans to Trump when other banks wouldn’t. If Trump has nothing to hide, why fight? Similarly, why is he fighting the release of his federal tax returns?

● Trump is a conman. He sold himself as an astute businessman, convincing many voters he would bring prosperity to the little guy. Now we know better. The New York Times reported recently that between 1985 and 1994 Trump’s businesses showed losses of nearly $1.2 billion. They paid no taxes in eight of those years. Meanwhile, Trump’s tax cuts have helped corporate giants, but the little guy not so much. His tariff battle with China has hurt farmers and threatens to increase prices of many consumer goods sold in the U.S.

● Trump incites hate and bigotry. He regularly insults critics and has slurred blacks, Mexicans, Muslims and immigrants. He has called white supremacists “very fine people.” His policy that separated hundreds of immigrant children from their parents is inhumane.

● Trump has denied climate change as a scientific fact, ignoring government scientists who warn of serious consequences to the world unless we substantially curtail burning fossil fuels. Instead, Trump’s policies favor fossil fuels and help exacerbate global warming.

● Trump is a would-be dictator who coddles strongmen. He has taken the word of Russian President Vladimir Putin over U.S. intelligence agencies. He has called North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un “honorable.” He has similarly praised dictatorial leaders of China, Turkey, the Philippines and Egypt.

● Trump thumbs his nose at the rule of law, undermining our democracy. He has attacked judges on rulings with which he has disagreed. He obstructed justice numerous times, as described by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian interference with the 2016 presidential election. Trump is undermining the constitutionally guaranteed oversight authority of Congress by refusing to allow House committees to interview his former aides and by refusing to release the unredacted Mueller report. He has misused his emergency powers in bypassing Congress to fund his border wall and to sell arms to Saudi Arabia. He is pushing us headlong into a constitutional crisis.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190530/commentary-seven-reasons-why-trump-is-worst-president-ever

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-worst-president-ever-donald-trump-will-always-rank-at-the-top-of-the/

faberryman

« Reply #8556 on: March 05, 2021, 11:14:07 am »

There you go again making fun of me rather than addressing the points.  My points are "hilarious".  Glad I was able to make you laugh.

If you don't see the irony on the face of your post, no amount of my explaining it to you would be helpful.  In addition, we have debunked several of your "points" before and yet you keep repeating them, so it seems like a waste of time to debunk them again. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:10:52 pm by faberryman »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #8557 on: March 05, 2021, 12:07:00 pm »

You support Biden.  That makes him your guy, a figure of speech.

I have spent some time mocking Trump because he's such a preposterous figure, but I don't recall "supporting" Biden. Had I been eligible to vote in the US, I'd have voted for your dog if it meant throwing out Trump and his cronies, so in that sense I would have voted Biden. Not sure I would call that support, but I guess technically it would have been. The most I can say is that Biden appeared to have some policies, but I don't recall Trump mentioning any in the last couple of years.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #8558 on: March 05, 2021, 12:41:24 pm »

As much as you adore Trump, he was voted as the worst US president ever. Just google "Trump worst president" and you'll get 131 million hits, ranging from Washington Post to Minnesota Post. Including same commentaries from Arnold Schwarzenegger to PBS.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190530/commentary-seven-reasons-why-trump-is-worst-president-ever

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-worst-president-ever-donald-trump-will-always-rank-at-the-top-of-the/
First I don;t adore Trump.  I think he's a loudmouthed narcissistic guy.  He wasn't my first choice for president in 2016, but better than Clinton and Biden this last time.  Biden isn't physically or mentally capable of handling the job.  I suspect Harris will take over and she has no experience at all. I'd like to see the Republican party select a younger person, fiscally conservative, tough but with a calmer demeanor, bright, with a lot of executive experience to run in 2024.

Trump did a lot of good things for America that you don't accept or recognize.  So be it.  Rating a president that has been out of office for less than two months means nothing.  It takes decades after people died and there are no longer personal feelings when an unbiased assessment can be made. 

Even your list of terrible things he did are non-starters.  Such as coddling foreign strongmen.  Did Biden just do that with Prince Salman?  Should Biden not talk to Kim?  Should America cut off relations with strongmen in Egypt?    These are political arguments those people are making to try to make Trump look evil. They're silly arguments of course.  After all, Presidents have to deal with the actual world and the people who run it. Every president has dealt with dictators.  Should Biden not have a meeting with China's Xi? 

Trump, like other politicians, represents the people who vote for them.  Should 74 million voters who agree with him on many policy issues just be written off as Neanderthals per Biden and like Hillary wrote us off as Deplorables?  What you're doing is turning your dislike of Trump into a shopping list of hatred of things he did without analyzing each one of them from a point of value to Americans who you also disagree with.  It's OK to disagree.  But your judgments as to their value to America are faulty from my standpoint. Certainly, assigning misanthropic values to him and his supporters is just wrong.  You ascribe evil to the people who hold opinions you disagree with. That's dangerous because then you can have them fired, dismissed from society, and worse. 

degrub

« Reply #8559 on: March 05, 2021, 12:43:48 pm »

without a president, what would Johnny Carson have had for material ?
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 807   Go Up