Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466336 times)

faberryman

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #540 on: November 09, 2020, 11:51:20 am »

Unfortunately, Trump may be gone, but trumpism is here to stay. To have 70 million people voting for him is a significant result, and shows that a great part of the USA believes his "script" and narrative, however far from reality it may actually be.

It will be interesting to see how many of his 70,000,000 supporters will continue to embrace Trumpism, however that may be defined, without Trump. To ask a very Trumpian question, what did they get out of the deal? Can they get they same from someone other than Trump?

Have any of you ever attended an old fashioned Baptist revival? My experience is that the preacher can be very persuasive, and tap into your emotions, and when he calls you to come down to the front of the stage to dedicate your life to Jesus Christ, many flood forward. Most of them shake it off in a week or so and return to normal. At least that is my experience. Will it be the same with Trump supporters?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #541 on: November 09, 2020, 12:00:09 pm »

... Can they get they same from someone other than Trump?...

Cruz, Cranshaw, Haley, for instance.

I am more than happy to get rid of the billionaire jerk, while retaining his policy goals in broad terms.

faberryman

« Reply #542 on: November 09, 2020, 12:09:36 pm »

Cruz, Cranshaw, Haley, for instance.

I am more than happy to get rid of the billionaire jerk, while retaining his policy goals in broad terms.

I don't know about Cruz. He nearly lost his seat to Beto. And that was before he grew his COVID beard. Now he looks pretty creepy. Don't know much about Cranshaw. I had to look him up. Haley is a poor public speaker. Did you listen to her read her speeches from a notebook at the UN? Talk about droning on. None of them seem charismatic enough. You say you are happy to get rid of a billionaire jerk. Isn't that what a lot of his supporters want? Maybe not the billionaire part, but the jerk part? It seemed to me from listening to his supporters being interviewed that was what they liked best about him. Maybe I should say unconventional rather than jerk, but since you said jerk, it seemed fair to use it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 02:20:31 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #543 on: November 09, 2020, 12:27:16 pm »

I guess that is what needs to be determined...did Trump comply with the tax laws?

Now that he will soon be unemployed and no protection from investigation and possible prosecution, we'll hopefully soon find out:

Prosecutors are seeking eight years of Trump's taxes and other financial documents as part of the grand jury investigation. Trump, who has called the investigation a "political prosecution," sued to shield his tax records, instigating a protracted legal battle that has reached the Supreme Court. "He’s very vulnerable to prosecution," said Jimmy Gurule, a former Justice Department official in the George H.W. Bush administration, referring to Vance's investigation, which is seeking Trump's tax returns and other financial documents. "I think the threat is very real and very substantial."
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

faberryman

« Reply #544 on: November 09, 2020, 12:55:51 pm »

Would anybody expect anything different from Rudy Giuliani?

Man featured at Giuliani press conference is a convicted sex offender

https://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2020/11/09/man-featured-at-giuliani-press-conference-is-a-sex-offender-1335241

He may have a perfectly valid claim of voter fraud; however, Rudy said he had 50 people lined up to testify, so why pick this guy?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #545 on: November 09, 2020, 01:01:36 pm »

Now that he will soon be unemployed and no protection from investigation and possible prosecution, we'll hopefully soon find out:

Prosecutors are seeking eight years of Trump's taxes and other financial documents as part of the grand jury investigation. Trump, who has called the investigation a "political prosecution," sued to shield his tax records, instigating a protracted legal battle that has reached the Supreme Court. "He’s very vulnerable to prosecution," said Jimmy Gurule, a former Justice Department official in the George H.W. Bush administration, referring to Vance's investigation, which is seeking Trump's tax returns and other financial documents. "I think the threat is very real and very substantial."

Might he be open to other kinds of lawsuits as well, I can't help but wonder. He called a few people insulting names on public forums during his time. Insulting other politicians seems to be ok now, more or less, but when he calls non-political employees of the government, I'm thinking of guys like Fauci and others, in public forums where they can't defend themselves, is that really ok? Shouldn't that be open to redress in the time-honoured American method, the 10 year long lawsuit? At one point, Fauci had to have body guards because of death threats, maybe that was true of others, I wonder if a lawsuit blaming Trump for some of that could work.

I suspect that most people would be happy to just those things slide, especially if they're near retirement, but for others who still have careers to build, doesn't seem right that some clown with immunity from prosecution can just libel them like that.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #546 on: November 09, 2020, 01:03:28 pm »

Would anybody expect anything different from Rudy Giuliani?

Man featured at Giuliani press conference is a convicted sex offender

https://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2020/11/09/man-featured-at-giuliani-press-conference-is-a-sex-offender-1335241

He may have a perfectly valid claim of voter fraud; however, Rudy said he had 50 people lined up to testify, so why pick this guy?

Just one eff-up after another, this Rudy. Might be a good time to retire from public life.
--
Robert

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #547 on: November 09, 2020, 01:18:12 pm »

Just one eff-up after another, this Rudy. Might be a good time to retire from public life.

Somehow this ties in perfectly with the dildo shop next door.
-MattB

armand

• Photos
« Reply #548 on: November 09, 2020, 01:25:34 pm »

It will be interesting to see how many of his 70,000,000 supporters will continue to embrace Trumpism, however that may be defined, without Trump. To ask a very Trumpian question, what did they get out of the deal? Can they get they same from someone other than Trump?

Have any of you ever attended an old fashioned Baptist revival? My experience is that the preacher can be very persuasive, and tap into your emotions, and when he calls you to come down to the front of the stage to dedicate your life to Jesus Christ, many flood forward. Most of them shake it off in a week or so and return to normal. At least that is my experience. Will it be the same with Trump supporters?

I just stumbled across this article that talks about it: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/trump-proved-authoritarians-can-get-elected-america/617023/?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share

JoeKitchen

« Reply #549 on: November 09, 2020, 02:31:07 pm »

One of the most nefarious results of the Trump administration was the polarization of society in USA, as witnessed in these threads.

Ahhhh ... no.  That was Obama in 2012.

Now Trump did nothing to fix it, fo rsure, but Obama became an incredibly divisive president 2012 after it was evident his recession respose was a total failure. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #550 on: November 09, 2020, 02:36:34 pm »

I just stumbled across this article that talks about it: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/trump-proved-authoritarians-can-get-elected-america/617023/?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share

Please tell me what Trump did that was authoritarian? 

Last I checked he did not have reporters arrested, like Obama, he did not overuse executive orders, like Obama, he never started a war without congressional approval, like Obama.  I could go on.
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #551 on: November 09, 2020, 02:50:50 pm »

Please tell me what Trump did that was authoritarian? 
Easy, but will you accept it?
One example, Trump telling the world, the FREE press was the enemy of the people.
Need a few dozen more? Easy to provide. But again, would you accept them? If you can't accept, the President of the United States telling us the press is the enemy of the people, it's pointless to attempt to provide other as egregious examples.   
Authoritarians want to lock up their opponents;  and where did we hear the chant "Lock them up"?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #552 on: November 09, 2020, 02:59:54 pm »

Ben Carson gets Covid-19 possibly from the Chief of Staff.  Days after other top Trump administration officials were also found to be infected. Like Meadows, Carson was at an Election Day watch party in the White House Tuesday, though it wasn't immediately clear if that might be where he became infected or who else will get infected but to assume anyone was wearing a mask is iffy at best. That's how the current administration rolls.

Trump fires the Defense Secretary Mark Esper via tweet (in a lame duck session), in between watching TV while the U.S. became the first nation in the world to reach 10 million confirmed coronavirus cases. It took just 10 days to go from 9 million to 10 million cases (Make America Sick again).
72 days of chaos to follow from "The Trump Show". And many sick and dead. Wear your masks kids!

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #553 on: November 09, 2020, 03:15:34 pm »

Pfizer announces 90% effective vaccine.   Stock market soars.  Did they have this information a week ago before the election but didn't release it?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #554 on: November 09, 2020, 03:17:53 pm »

Pfizer announces 90% effective vaccine....

Fantastic! A 90% effective vaccine for a 99.9% IN-effective virus  ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #555 on: November 09, 2020, 03:18:45 pm »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #556 on: November 09, 2020, 03:26:31 pm »

Pfizer announces 90% effective vaccine.   Stock market soars.  Did they have this information a week ago before the election but didn't release it?

Trump must have had that information, because he has been saying for the last two weeks that he has rounded the virus. Since then the virus rounded up quite a few of his troups. 

If you book a Carnival cruise now, you'll get a free Covid vaccine after boarding the ship. On another note, AMZN sank today. Does that have anything to do with virus or Trump?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 03:37:35 pm by LesPalenik »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #557 on: November 09, 2020, 03:30:14 pm »

According to Pfizer and the independent body that made the report about the vaccine: NO!
Yet some will report these facts as ”Fake news”. It is not.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #558 on: November 09, 2020, 03:30:46 pm »

How gaslighting goes:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 03:35:48 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #559 on: November 09, 2020, 03:32:10 pm »

Ahhhh ... no.  That was Obama in 2012.

Funny, I don't remember that.

--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 808   Go Up