Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466279 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #400 on: November 07, 2020, 07:24:22 pm »

Looting is an opportunistic act of criminal theft. Perhaps you could enlighten everyone with the differences in political philosophy among those that engage in looting, burglary, and robbery.
Not going to happen. Easy to see his posting agenda is to ask rhetorical questions and largely ignore answers backed with facts. This discussion of looting is a strawman; it's not political as you point out and no one on either side condones the act. One side suggests again, without proof, it justifies armed violence by those who don't know what an actual Militia are.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

faberryman

« Reply #401 on: November 07, 2020, 07:26:48 pm »

I have spent half of my life in Europe and half in Japan. I can tell you that the « average » behavior of Japanese isn’t the same as the average behavior in Belgium. That is again different from the average behavior in France that I know a bit too.

I think I would have a difficult time describing an average American, and assigning to this mythical beast average thoughts and behaviors. It is a pretty big country and there is a lot of diversity. The fact that roughly half of Americans voted for Trump and roughly half of Americans voted for Biden makes the task even more difficult for me. But I am no expert. Perhaps you are in a better position to make these judgments.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 08:20:00 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #402 on: November 07, 2020, 07:32:21 pm »

Looters, seriously?
Forbes:
The purported leader of the violent Proud Boys group said Saturday that the group was “rolling out” and that the “standby order has been rescinded.”
​
Trump notably told the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by” when asked to denounce his violent supporters during the first presidential debate.
​
Other supporters on far-right websites suggested a violent response after Biden’s victory, parroting the president’s claims of widespread fraud, which he has provided no evidence to back up.

EVERY American should hope nothing comes from this.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #403 on: November 07, 2020, 07:33:31 pm »

In what way does stealing a TV set during a riot further a political cause? Perhaps you have evidence of the ratio of looted televisions which are taken home and tuned to Fox News as compared to MSNBC. Are they being fenced to raise funds for a cause?

Perhaps it’s  a form of protest against the man.  Perhaps it’s a way to assure more media coverage to the cause. Maybe cause as we hear today is racial equality.  How can one be racially equal when the rich white folks have all the big screen TVs and the poor, downtrodden minorities are denied?

Lots of possible reasons and of course some may just want a free TV. The point is you can’t issue a blanket statement like Willard did. But then again that’s kind of how Willard rolls.

There are quite a few articles on the web talking about the political aspects of looting.  Perhaps another data point would be helpful for you.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #404 on: November 07, 2020, 07:36:04 pm »

Looters, seriously?
Forbes:
The purported leader of the violent Proud Boys group said Saturday that the group was “rolling out” and that the “standby order has been rescinded.”
​
Trump notably told the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by” when asked to denounce his violent supporters during the first presidential debate.
​
Other supporters on far-right websites suggested a violent response after Biden’s victory, parroting the president’s claims of widespread fraud, which he has provided no evidence to back up.

EVERY American should hope nothing comes from this.

Now wait a second here.  We as a nation have endured violent attacks from the left for months.  Perhaps the resistance has changed sides. 
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2020, 07:38:14 pm »

Not going to happen. Easy to see his posting agenda is to ask rhetorical questions and largely ignore answers backed with facts. This discussion of looting is a strawman; it's not political as you point out and no one on either side condones the act. One side suggests again, without proof, it justifies armed violence by those who don't know what an actual Militia are.

Well then Andrew perhaps you can supply the facts that’s how the looting is not political.  I’ll be all on hearing your response.
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #406 on: November 07, 2020, 07:39:29 pm »

Maybe cause as we hear today is racial equality.  How can one be racially equal when the rich white folks have all the big screen TVs and the poor, downtrodden minorities are denied?

Uh-huh. I see where you're coming from now.

I'm finished with this topic.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:45:05 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #407 on: November 07, 2020, 07:43:45 pm »

Dog whistle?  ;)

TechTalk

« Reply #408 on: November 07, 2020, 07:47:51 pm »

It's not the kind of barking to which I'm going to listen. I've heard it before and I do understand.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #409 on: November 07, 2020, 07:48:32 pm »

Serbia has universal health care. F**kin' commies.

That's right, John, remnants of the communist era. But you are my friend, so I wouldn't want you to end up hospitalized here, in case you ever decide to visit me (you would be welcome, of course). 

Craig Lamson

« Reply #410 on: November 07, 2020, 07:49:52 pm »

I'm finished with this topic.

Yea if I were you I’d move along too. 

But before you go, maybe check out the article in the Atlantic about looters after GeorgevFloyd, or maybe even the Chicago BLM who defended looting as Reparations.

Oh no, those can’t be possible.  Willard says looting is just criminal and opportunistic.  And Willard knows everything.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #411 on: November 07, 2020, 07:50:54 pm »

Dog whistle?  ;)

What? Someone calling you?
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #412 on: November 07, 2020, 07:51:34 pm »

It's not the kind of barking to which I'm going to listen. I've heard it before and I do understand.

Why listen when you are wrong.  Perfect .
Craig Lamson Photo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #413 on: November 07, 2020, 07:57:13 pm »

+1 It's simply a posting agenda begging for attention.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Fav3iPTE0

chez

« Reply #414 on: November 07, 2020, 08:00:50 pm »

I get my news from a plethora of sources online, many of them mainstream.  I prefer to listen to both sides.  Can you say the same?

I listen to feeds from world wide including the CBC in Canada and the BBC in Britian. I can't stand the American us against them new casting. Maybe you should look outside your country to get a more rounded view of reality.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #415 on: November 07, 2020, 08:01:32 pm »

Why listen when you are wrong.  Perfect .

This from a guy who doesn't understand the difference between "opportunistic" and "optimistic". 

And, who, after several months, still hasn't fixed the battery in his device that he claims keeps causing spelling errors and endless typos.

chez

« Reply #416 on: November 07, 2020, 08:03:38 pm »

So what’s the ratio of these so called Trump boys to the crazy looting left?

Please tell me? I have no idea...and really don't care. Both sides are idiots in my books.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #417 on: November 07, 2020, 08:05:15 pm »

America has finally succumbed to communism? Purges?...

https://thepostmillennial.com/new-blacklist-of-trump-sycophants-inspired-by-aoc-being-compiled?fbclid=IwAR21UEwlVhpB34_Jn3aCTns_kBdpvsvkWvGzLijOK84z0C883zwt8ynYys8

The Bartender-in-Chief:

"Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future? I foresee decent probability of many deleted Tweets, writings, photos in the future," the US representative tweeted Friday afternoon.

To which an Obama staffer responds:

"Yes, we are," answered former Obama administration staffer Michael Simon, citing the Trump Accountability Project. "Every Administration staffer, campaign staffer, bundler, lawyer who represented them — everyone."

And finally, what is going happen to the "infidels":

... never serve in office, join a corporate board, find a faculty position or be accepted into 'polite' society." She threatened, "We have a list."

These are preparations for Stalinist purges. Perhaps MccArthyism 2.0, though I am much less familiar with that part of history. Stalin would send them to Gulags, but the modern American equivalent is stripping people of their livelihood.

chez

« Reply #418 on: November 07, 2020, 08:06:26 pm »

So that’s what those masked folks dressed all in black are doing is say Portland?  No long term political goals?

Who are these masked men? Do you know?

chez

« Reply #419 on: November 07, 2020, 08:08:01 pm »

In what way does stealing a TV set during a riot further a political cause? Perhaps you have evidence of the ratio of looted televisions which are taken home and tuned to Fox News as compared to MSNBC. Are they being fenced to raise funds for a cause?

adjective: opportunistic: exploiting chances offered by immediate circumstances without reference to a general plan or moral principle.

Yeh...like the looting that happens after a hurricane goes through...all to make a political point.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 808   Go Up