Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 471207 times)

faberryman

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #380 on: November 07, 2020, 06:07:38 pm »

How would you define it?

What does it mean for you to be an American and a Republican?

What are the values you consider essential?

I am an American because I happened to be born and raised in America. I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I have a personal code of conduct which probably isn't a whole lot different than most people wherever they may live. I am very skeptical of generalizations.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:20:25 pm by faberryman »

TechTalk

« Reply #381 on: November 07, 2020, 06:20:52 pm »

After hundreds of years of being the beacon of the free world, America has finally succumbed to communism. Expect purges to begin soon. The Bartender-in-Chief is already compiling lists of Trump supporters who will soon be stripped of their livelihood. Guns will be confiscated, police decimated, we left defenseless against our communist overlords. I weep today for the real America.

As for Biden, the senile fool is totally irrelevant for the communist agenda of the radical left that will actually lead "his" administration. Harris administration, really.

America has finally succumbed to communism? Purges? Defenseless against our communist overlords? The real America?

You are swimming at such a distance to the extreme right and deep end of the ideological pool that it appears you're in danger of drowning in it.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #382 on: November 07, 2020, 06:23:06 pm »

There's more intelligence in the programming I watch than there is watching Chetos do his temper tantrums.

So you get all your info from the internet culture...that must be all true.

I get my news from a plethora of sources online, many of them mainstream.  I prefer to listen to both sides.  Can you say the same?
Craig Lamson Photo

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #383 on: November 07, 2020, 06:23:40 pm »

I am an American because I happened to be born and raised in America. I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I have a personal code of conduct which probably isn't a whole lot different than most people wherever they may live. I am skeptical of generalizations.

I am skeptical of generalizations too.

But saying that there are overall differences isn’t the same thing as saying that everyone fits in the same mold.

I have spent half of my life in Europe and half in Japan. I can tell you that the « average » behavior of Japanese isn’t the same as the average behavior in Belgium. That is again different from the average behavior in France that I know a bit too.

This isn’t to say that one is better than the other, but the existence of important differences is a fact that is beyond doubt.

And these differences of behavior result from different cultural background themselves connected to values.

I assume you may already have read it, but if you not you may find this book interesting: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_in_America

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:29:54 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #384 on: November 07, 2020, 06:25:37 pm »

Good old Trump boys.

So what’s the ratio of these so called Trump boys to the crazy looting left?
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #385 on: November 07, 2020, 06:27:44 pm »

I get my news from a plethora of sources online, many of them mainstream.  I prefer to listen to both sides.

Listening and understanding are not the same thing.

TechTalk

« Reply #386 on: November 07, 2020, 06:31:09 pm »

Looting is a short term act of criminal opportunism and greed. Looting is not a political movement with long term goals.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #387 on: November 07, 2020, 06:37:27 pm »

How do you explain that this supposed crazy looting left (please show me data about the actual identity of the looters) has been most active under Trump? In particular a few months before an election where Trump decided to position himself as the President of law are order?

You do not envision the possibility that the looting is the result of his strategy and not the opposite? Yes, I am saying that Trump and the overall Trump eco-system, including the mindset of hatred he has been spreading, at least triggered it, and probably had a direct implication in it.

But if you were right that the essence of Democrats is looting - they are just looters, it’s in their blood - how come this didn’t occur in 8 years of Obama leadership?

Cheers,
Bernard

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #388 on: November 07, 2020, 06:45:28 pm »

... But if you were right that the essence of Democrats is looting - they are just looters, it’s in their blood - how come this didn’t occur in 8 years of Obama leadership?...

You are kidding, right? Or you are just that uninformed?

The BLM started in the Obama era. Execution of police officers in cold blood as well. Burning cities down too.

Seriously, are you serious?

faberryman

« Reply #389 on: November 07, 2020, 06:46:04 pm »

I assume you may already have read it, but if you not you may find this book interesting: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_in_America

Yes, I read it 40-50 years ago. Perhaps I should re-read it. I am currently reading Balzac's The Human Comedy. When I finish, I guess I'll know all about the French today.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #390 on: November 07, 2020, 06:49:33 pm »

As for Biden, the senile fool is totally irrelevant for the communist agenda of the radical left that will actually lead "his" administration. Harris administration, really.

You know Slobodan your points would be a lot more convincing if you left out the irrational part.

I am aware that Trump has been dramatically lowering the standards, but Biden isn’t senile.

I agree that Harris will be a powerful vice-President but this isn’t a secret.

A majority of Americans voted her in right?

But Harris isn’t a communist more than Obama was. They are both overall still right of the average European views.

Cheers,
Bernard

Craig Lamson

« Reply #391 on: November 07, 2020, 06:49:43 pm »

Listening and understanding are not the same thing.

Oh I understand Hortise.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #392 on: November 07, 2020, 06:51:21 pm »

Looting is a short term act of criminal opportunism and greed. Looting is not a political movement with long term goals.

So that’s what those masked folks dressed all in black are doing is say Portland?  No long term political goals?
Craig Lamson Photo

John Camp

« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2020, 06:55:31 pm »

Serbia has universal health care. F**kin' commies.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #394 on: November 07, 2020, 06:57:51 pm »

Yes, I read it 40-50 years ago. Perhaps I should re-read it. I am currently reading Balzac's The Human Comedy. When I finish, I guess I'll know all about the French today.

Lol 😀

Things obviously changed but this isn’t the point as you understood very well.

Balzac will tell you quite a good deal of things about the French culture, although it wasn’t as broad an attempt to study France and was done from inside. Some of it still is very relevant as we speak.

And at a meta level is seems to sustain the proposition that there is relevance in considering general/dominant country/regions « personalities » such as what I see as an essentially American thing « taking responsibility ».

Sorry, the sail boat is waiting and so is my American instructor. Have a great evening!

Cheers,
Bernard

TechTalk

« Reply #395 on: November 07, 2020, 07:02:15 pm »

So that’s what those masked folks dressed all in black are doing is say Portland?  No long term political goals?

Looting is an opportunistic act of criminal theft. Perhaps you could enlighten everyone with the differences in political philosophy among those that engage in looting, burglary, and robbery.

TechTalk

« Reply #396 on: November 07, 2020, 07:07:25 pm »

Oh I understand Hortise.

Understanding and projecting are not the same thing.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #397 on: November 07, 2020, 07:10:22 pm »

Looting is an opportunistic act of criminal theft. Perhaps you could enlighten everyone with the differences in political philosophy among those that engage in looting, burglary, and robbery.

Exactly why must looting be optimistic?  Why can’t it be part and parcel with general rioting to further a political cause?  Like hey guys let’s go firebomb the courthouse and then we can smash the windows at Starbucks.  That will show the world what we think of the evil Trump administration AND those evil corporations.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #398 on: November 07, 2020, 07:11:00 pm »

Understanding and projecting are not the same thing.

Thats funny, Lenny.
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #399 on: November 07, 2020, 07:21:36 pm »

Exactly why must looting be optimistic [opportunistic]?  Why can’t it be part and parcel with general rioting to further a political cause?

In what way does stealing a TV set during a riot further a political cause? Perhaps you have evidence of the ratio of looted televisions which are taken home and tuned to Fox News as compared to MSNBC. Are they being fenced to raise funds for a cause?

adjective: opportunistic: exploiting chances offered by immediate circumstances without reference to a general plan or moral principle.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:28:16 pm by TechTalk »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 808   Go Up