Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466384 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2020, 05:24:52 pm »

118,204 new cases and 1,125 deaths on November 5 in USA. As Trump keeps telling his gullible fans, he is rounding the corner on the virus.
Meanwhile, Trump's vote leads in Georgia and Pennsylvania are steadily shrinking. On Friday, the leads might be on Biden's side.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:10:07 pm by LesPalenik »

faberryman

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2020, 05:30:46 pm »

I'm guessing the schools will be re-opening soon too.

Has your governor or education secretary indicated that? You mentioned charter schools in another post. Do you have children?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 06:56:10 pm by faberryman »

John Camp

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2020, 06:36:03 pm »

<,snip> 

It is almost certainly the case Republicans will have a 52 seat majority in the Senate, and I was not expecting them to pick up seats in the House.  This will be the first time since 1887 that a Dem would be sworn in without his party controlling congress.  This means the entire Biden agenda is dead on arrival.  No tax hikes or a public option or a Green New Deal or increase in regulations or destroying Charter Schools or crazy marxists in cabinet positions.  Warren and Sanders can kiss their administration posts good bye.  Then, regardless of who won, I was certain (and still am) the SCOTUS would bring down a reckoning on executive orders given the brand new make-up.  No ruling by a pen and phone anymore. 

Republicans won big in state races in many district Dems just assumed would be theirs forever, meaning they will be in charge of the redistricting next year, cementing another 10 years. 

Progressivism is dead!  Need proof, exit polling shows an increase in support of Trump and Republicans under every demographic groups except White males after a relentless mantra of Republicans = racists for four years.  Fortunately for us, the left does not seem to want to give up on that losing message.  Conservatives are not only talking about policy, but now starting to discuss culture.  And, the real prize, CA voted down bringing back affirmative action. 

Last, and who knows if this will happen, but given the looses in the House, Pelosi may be voted out of her speakership.  That would be the icing on the cake. 

The losses in the House are not a result of Republicans doing better, but the Democrats having done so well four years ago -- what happened, is that the Republicans took back seats that should never have been won by Democrats. Here in New Mexico, a very conservative Congresswoman who lost her seat to a Democrat two years ago, won it back, in a conservative district. As expected.

The Democratic agenda isn't exactly dead -- remember, Trump has been running things for two years with a Democratic House, and he still did a lot of (horrific) things. Biden can run things the same way, but, probably better, because he's a lot smarter and much more tuned in to the Deep State. So those things that the President can do on his own, which is a lot, will still be done. What I don't think we will see is a huge stimulus bill, which means a lot of Americans are going to be seriously hurting, and probably means a Democratic Senate in two years, under President Harris. (I'm going with my wife, who doesn't believe that Biden will make it for four years.) I agree that there won't be any big tax hike. I also think that Biden will get most of his cabinet appointments through the Senate, because money talks and bullshit walks -- and if you're a Republican looking at the money dished out by the Administration, they're not likely to be too happy to vote against the guy who administrates the bucks.

Pelosi will be removed from her speakership only when her lifeless body is rolled out of the House. Even then, there may be a question.

Whether the Senate stays Republican will be determined by Georgia in January.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2020, 06:40:05 pm »

Exactly, and this is new too:
 Runoff Senate elections in Georgia could determine balance of the Senate
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-senate-runoff-elections-perdue-ossoff-leoffler-warnock-balance-of-power/
It ain't over till all the votes get counted (as they should).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

chez

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2020, 07:05:11 pm »

Man I just listened to part of Trumps speach and I can firmly tell my US friends...if I was a citizen of your country...I'd be red faced and ashamed of my leader. What a bunch of BS dribbling from his mouth...embarrassing.

He's a rat trapped in a corner with his buddies jumping ship. Hope the Republican Party is above all this and grab the a-home by his collar and throw him into the streets.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2020, 07:09:19 pm »

Man I just listened to part of Trumps speach and I can firmly tell my US friends...if I was a citizen of your country...I'd be red faced and ashamed of my leader. What a bunch of BS dribbling from his mouth...embarrassing.

He's a rat trapped in a corner with his buddies jumping ship. Hope the Republican Party is above all this and grab the a-home by his collar and throw him into the streets.
Shocking, sad, expected. Yes, red faced and worse. He is an insane rat.  :'(
It IS time for the Republican party to grow a pair and make this stop for the good of the USA.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2020, 07:31:56 pm »

Please explain to me how any of this is new? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2020, 07:42:11 pm »

Perhaps he doesn't see and hear it every day as we do, and so is surprised by the behavior.

chez

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2020, 07:44:49 pm »

Nothing new, just thought the guy had some balls and would leave with his head high. Instead I envision the Republican Party booting him out...Trump being dragged out of the White House in January...all on live TV around the world.

What I have my popcorn ready for is Trump as a civilian still needing to account for his rape charges and his tax evasion. Love to see the rat squeal as the screws slowly turn tighter. Maybe they can cleanup Al Capone's cell at Alcarteaz for Trump.

chez

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2020, 07:46:18 pm »

Perhaps he doesn't see and hear it every day as we do, and so is surprised by the behavior.

Oh I see enough...I question how anyone here on LuLu could ever support this idiot.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2020, 07:49:49 pm »

The losses in the House are not a result of Republicans doing better, but the Democrats having done so well four years ago -- what happened, is that the Republicans took back seats that should never have been won by Democrats. Here in New Mexico, a very conservative Congresswoman who lost her seat to a Democrat two years ago, won it back, in a conservative district. As expected.

The Democratic agenda isn't exactly dead -- remember, Trump has been running things for two years with a Democratic House, and he still did a lot of (horrific) things. Biden can run things the same way, but, probably better, because he's a lot smarter and much more tuned in to the Deep State. So those things that the President can do on his own, which is a lot, will still be done. What I don't think we will see is a huge stimulus bill, which means a lot of Americans are going to be seriously hurting, and probably means a Democratic Senate in two years, under President Harris. (I'm going with my wife, who doesn't believe that Biden will make it for four years.) I agree that there won't be any big tax hike. I also think that Biden will get most of his cabinet appointments through the Senate, because money talks and bullshit walks -- and if you're a Republican looking at the money dished out by the Administration, they're not likely to be too happy to vote against the guy who administrates the bucks.

Pelosi will be removed from her speakership only when her lifeless body is rolled out of the House. Even then, there may be a question.

Please, stop John.  Biden smarter?  Who are you trying to convince, me or you?  Biden graduated in the half that makes the upper half possible. 

This is not to say Trump is an Einstein, but Biden smart.   ;D ;D ;D  The only reason Biden lasted so long is because he in the senator of a very small state without any competition.  If he was in a, even just slightly, larger state, he would have been primaried decades ago. But anyway ...

This is how I think it is going to work out.  Perdue will keep his seat and I feel pretty confident so will Louffler.  Biden will then come in as the first Dem since 1888 without a majority in both houses.  His agenda will be finished, but he will at first fall right back into being a total partisan. 

Let's face, the man who invented borking and told black churches that Romney (the most vanilla politician in history) was going to enslave them again is no great uniter.  He is not going to try and work with McConnell and will instead work with Schumer.  Unfortunately Schumer is fearful of a primary contest with AOC, so he is going to go far left.  Pelosi will probably keep her speakership, but I doubt she will learn any lessons and will continue to lead from the left.  Meanwhile though, it is starting to show, breaks are forming in the Dem party, creating a similar devision as the Tea Party did for the Republicans in 2010. 

However, unlike in 2010, they will not have a opposing president they can hide the devision behind.  It will be out in the open for the country to see, and will keep them and Biden from getting anything done.  Meanwhile, the loudest voices in the party will continue to insist all republicans are racists and push identifiy politics (you are already seeing this, apparently Cubans are not latinos, but white nationalists now) even though this was obviously rejected by minorities. 

Then 2022 will come along, and with the advantage the Senate Republicans have insofar as who is defending their seats, the republicans will increase their majority.  I would also predict the house will also be lost, especially given the fact that the state republicans will have control over the redistricting next year. 

Maybe by 2024 the Dems will have given up on identity politics, but I think Harris will end being the nominee.  Nobody likes Harris; she will be easy to defeat. 

I am just think of who the republicans should run in 2024.  Kristi Noem maybe.  I am also partial to Crenshaw, because lets face it, there ain't nothing more bad ass then an ex-Navy seal president with an eye-patch. 

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2020, 07:55:13 pm »

If he’s got a case, let him make it. If he can’t it’s over and ... then...he can concede. 

Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2020, 07:56:22 pm »

I am glad you have everything all figured out. You might want to run that off and tape it to your refrigerator door. Check it periodically to see how you are doing.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2020, 07:58:58 pm »

Wonder if Biden needed to pay someone to take his SATs. Trump did. Smart...
How's Bidens bone spurs?  :D :

faberryman

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2020, 07:59:46 pm »

If he’s got a case, let him make it. If he can’t it’s over and ... then...he can concede.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that concession thing.

chez

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2020, 07:59:55 pm »

Right...but do your homework with some proof before going on nationwide ( worldwide ) TV and make your accusations. You just look like an idiot spouting at the mouth without anything to back it up.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2020, 08:15:47 pm »

Wonder if Biden needed to pay someone to take his SATs. Trump did. Smart...
How's Bidens bone spurs?  :D :

You know that story has been discredited, well the SAT one. 

Now insofar as the Vietnam war, were you a supporter of the war?  Do you think we should have been in it?  Because I find it intellectually disingenuous for someone who does not think we should have fought in it, especially knowing and probably supporting the 1000s of defectors who did so to avoid the war, criticizing someone who tried to get out of it as well. 

But anyway, Biden also sought and received multiple draft deferments. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 08:19:27 pm by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2020, 08:18:47 pm »

I am glad you have everything all figured out. You might want to run that off and tape it to your refrigerator door. Check it periodically to see how you are doing.

I try my best.

But all one needs to do is observed the severe depression amongst Dems right now.  They are not happy by any stretch, which they should be, since it was just about getting rid of Trump, right?  ???

The Dems made a major miscalculation in that they thought this election would be like 2018.  People would vote against Trump by voting against Republicans.  But since Trump was on the ballot, they could actually vote against him, and then they did not have the reason to vote against republicans.  There are reports of many split ballots; people voting for Biden and then red down the ballot. 

faberryman

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2020, 08:19:15 pm »

Earlier today I described Trump's big win in the Pennsylvania courts:

As I understand it, the poll watchers on both sides who were 30 feet from the ballot counters are now 6 feet away. It doesn't reduce the number of ballots counted or change the votes on the ballots themselves. I certainly don't have any problem with the holding.

The Pennsylvania Attorney General just described the judge's decision. Turns out the poll watchers weren't 30 feet away; they were 10 feet away. So now they are 6 feet away. So 4 feet closer. I wonder what the legal fees were to achieve that victory. But Trump had every right to bring the case; no question about it.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2020, 08:19:50 pm »

Here is his case: No evidence of wide spread voter fraud. He had a commission created a few years ago to find it (cause he was so sure about it in 2016 but won), it folded because again, no evidence.
Here is his case:
1. Mail in voting is bad and fraudulent; unless the vote is for Trump (he and wife of course voted by mail this year).
2. If in the states he is ahead, keep counting all the votes.
3. If in the states he is behind, stop counting the votes. All those votes (for Biden) are fraudulent.
4. States that allow votes to be collected after election day (and some do), are fraud despite its the law. But in his mind, the losers and suckers in the military who vote by mail in states that allow this, they don't count.
It is absurd and any American who actually buys into this nonsense needs to study how the history of our elections for 240 years has been conducted.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 808   Go Up