Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194]   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110346 times)

faberryman

Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3860 on: November 03, 2020, 06:27:51 pm »

Did see the video posted of his birthday present to Kim? 

If not, he had a hologram made of her dead father talking to her ending with him congratulating her on marrying such a great man.  His narcissism knows no bounds; regular run of the mill narcissists must have looked at that with awe.

I think I may have seen something about Kim getting a hologram for her birthday in my newsfeed, but I didn't follow it up. I think I also read that she had her birthday on a private island, and invited a bunch of friends so they could play volleyball without wearing masks. But that may have been another celebrity. I have a hard time relating to that kind of stuff, so I don't pay too close attention. I mean Kim probably doesn't pay too close attention to what I get for my birthday, so that seems fair. We both have a lot of things going on in our lives.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 07:15:26 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #3861 on: November 03, 2020, 06:49:43 pm »

This probably isn't the best way for Trump to earn the Jewish vote in Michigan.

'Trump,' 'MAGA' graffiti defaces Jewish cemetery in Michigan

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-maga-graffiti-defaces-jewish-cemetery-michigan-n1245930

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3862 on: November 03, 2020, 06:50:55 pm »

Interesting how everyone looks at the world and sees different things. I thought the general thinking was that Democrats would be voting by mail and Republicans would be voting in person. If that were the case, no lines on election day might auger that Republicans decided to stay home. I guess we'll just have to see how things turn out. My recollection is that in Pennsylvania mail-in ballots postmarked by election day and received up to three days later will be counted, so it might be a few days before results will be announced.

To be perfectly honest, my opinion on who is going to win this changes every five minutes. 

So, I'll be right no matter what!   ;)

But anyway, if the Senate can stay red, I could give a damn who wins the white house.  Trump has accomplished so much in 4 years it is amazing, like replacing the worst justice in modern history.  I would like to see Saudi Arabi make peace with Israel and truly believe Biden will totally destroy the Middle East if elected.  After all, he has been on the wrong side of every foreign policy decision in his career, and this is coming from Obama officials. 

But if the Senate can hold and stay red, Biden wont really be able to do anything.  The economy will chum along thanks to the Trump tax cuts and deregulation. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #3863 on: November 03, 2020, 07:31:15 pm »

It looks like Trump went out on a high note at last night's rally.

Trump’s Election Eve Message Focuses on Refusing to Pay Microphone Guy

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/11/trumps-election-eve-message-i-refuse-to-pay-microphone-guy.html

JoeKitchen

!
« Reply #3864 on: November 03, 2020, 08:26:33 pm »

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd ... FL goes to Trump.

Last time it took until about 10 PM for FL to be called.  I remember the faces of the people in the Javits Center just changing around that time. 

They are calling a 5+ point error in the polling for FL. 

PS: I was not even feeling remotely confident in 2016 until about 11:30 in 2016, and now at 9:30 PM ...

PSS (at 10:15PM): My God! 

The polling industry is now dead! 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:16:39 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: !
« Reply #3865 on: November 04, 2020, 04:04:52 am »

The polling industry is now dead!

As, happily, is this thread. Political discussion (including of climate change) on this site is now banned, save for the Bear Pit thread which I shall open.

See here for more information.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194]   Go Up