Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110823 times)

faberryman

Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #2980 on: October 24, 2020, 03:11:28 pm »

We're on page 149.  Just a reminder.  We'll all have to detox when Jeremy shuts us down. :)

Detox? He is just letting us out of the asylum.

faberryman

« Reply #2981 on: October 24, 2020, 04:09:33 pm »

I didn't realize there was a Republican convention because of the virus.  Was there? Did anyone pay attention?

No. Everyone ran away after Kimberley Guilfoyle's shout out. Even the opportunity to hear the Trump family's dog's endorsement wasn't enough to keep anyone around. Why do you think they re-adopted the 2016 platform. They had to get out of there fast. I guess by now you have heard about the COVID pandemic.

I have no idea what happened at the Democratic convention. I didn't watch it.  I think it was supposed to be on Zoom, and I wasn't really interested in seeing a bunch of people in their pajamas having a bad hair day. I sure wasn't going to get dressed, not to mention I didn't have enough high-brow books for the bookshelf behind me. Besides, the news channels had highlight reels, and told you all the inside scoop. You could see what you needed in an hour, including commercial breaks.

Besides, nobody is going to change their vote anyway. The Republicans are going to vote for Trump, and the Democrats are going to vote for whichever of the 23 guys and gals wins the primary, in this case Biden. I guess there are a number of true independents, but most of them vote for the same party they voted for last time, so they are not really that independent. And then there are those pitiable souls who throw away their vote on a third party candidate. I guess that they just like to drive over to the polls to get a sticker. There's just no other explanation.

Do you know what the worst thing is about elections? Bumper stickers. I mean after everything is over you can't get them off, and so you have to drive around telling everyone that you obviously voted for the wrong guy. We used to be able to get them off, but now all the bumpers are plastic and you'll ruin your paint job if you try. And your children won't be able to get the bumper stickers off their notebooks. You think cyber-bullying is bad, you should see what goes on when you walk down the hallway at school with the loser's bumper sticker on your notebook. How do I know? I had a Goldwater sticker on my notebook in elementary school and I am still in therapy.

Democracy in action. Who thought this up? I mean it is a good idea and everything. It's just the way it actually pans out that makes you wonder sometimes.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 08:53:53 pm by faberryman »

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #2982 on: October 24, 2020, 04:31:37 pm »

You're spitting into the wind.  Hell would have to freeze over before they'll give Trump credit for anything.  I don't understand why they're so bitter?
How can we be bitter about an incompetent businessman who is a pathological liar?  All we can do is wonder why so many in the US fell for the long con.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #2983 on: October 24, 2020, 04:32:48 pm »

Wonder what an "uninformed" debate would look like.
Just read this forum every day and you quickly find out.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #2984 on: October 24, 2020, 04:34:32 pm »

The 2016 plan working pretty well until the China virus started and the Biden youth vote trashed our cities.
Actually the virus infecting America did not come from China.  It's genetic origin is Italian!

John Camp

« Reply #2985 on: October 24, 2020, 04:51:57 pm »

How can we be bitter about an incompetent businessman who is a pathological liar?  All we can do is wonder why so many in the US fell for the long con.

You forgot...
...whose negligence probably led to the death of well over 100,000 Americans from covid-19.

Or maybe you didn't forget. It's that the entire list is so long...

James Clark

« Reply #2986 on: October 24, 2020, 05:11:19 pm »

You guys enjoy your day.  Its cool and sunny here.  I'm gonna finish mowing the lawn and then we are going to pull out the 530i and take a spin in the country for a bit. 

We areh aving a nice steak for supper.   Then a fire in the firepit and some Fireball later in the evening.  I've voted so my choice has been made.  Politics can wait for another day.  Life awaits! Cheers!

Enjoy the drive!

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2987 on: October 24, 2020, 07:46:52 pm »

Enjoy the drive!

Or the Con, indeed, ...

Fact-checking (only a very few of the scams by) con artists in the Trump era:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlOwXHEYtwE

Boy, does this tell something about his supporters ...
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2988 on: October 24, 2020, 08:42:46 pm »

Or the Con, indeed, ...

Fact-checking (only a very few of the scams by) con artists in the Trump era:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlOwXHEYtwE

Boy, does this tell something about his supporters ...
And you supported China who gave the world the virus and lied about it.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2989 on: October 24, 2020, 09:08:56 pm »

And you supported China who gave the world the virus and lied about it.

Say again?

Do you really think that even reasonable people are buying that basic Trump narrative?

Are you that desperate? Let's cut through the noise and madness, for Pete's sake.
Let's talk about health care, that affects real people. Trump did almost everything wong to protect citizens ...
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2990 on: October 24, 2020, 10:34:16 pm »

Say again?

Do you really think that even reasonable people are buying that basic Trump narrative?

Are you that desperate? Let's cut through the noise and madness, for Pete's sake.
Let's talk about health care, that affects real people. Trump did almost everything wong to protect citizens ...
Bart, You forget that you supported China when I said they were a bad actor in the Paris Agreement as the worst polluter in the world and getting even worse and would not even do anything about it until 2030.  Well, now they've given us the virus on top of the worse CO2 pollution, 1/3 of the world's total.  You defended them at that time with their pollution making excuses for them.  How can you continue to defend them about the virus? Forget about Trump.  Look what they have done to Europe and the rest of the world. 

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2991 on: October 25, 2020, 03:03:51 am »

Detox? He is just letting us out of the asylum.

Oh, you've always been free to leave. You stay because you like it here.

Jeremy

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #2992 on: October 25, 2020, 03:48:31 am »

Bart, You forget that you supported China when I said they were a bad actor in the Paris Agreement as the worst polluter in the world and getting even worse and would not even do anything about it until 2030.  Well, now they've given us the virus on top of the worse CO2 pollution, 1/3 of the world's total.  You defended them at that time with their pollution making excuses for them.  How can you continue to defend them about the virus? Forget about Trump.  Look what they have done to Europe and the rest of the world.

I see what you did there Alan, talking about Covid and then suddenly switching to climate change.... 8) Smooth...
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

faberryman

« Reply #2993 on: October 25, 2020, 07:46:29 am »

I see what you did there Alan, talking about Covid and then suddenly switching to climate change.... 8) Smooth...

Just wait. Next it will be since you support China, not that you do, but since you support China, and China makes unnecessary plastic objects, you are responsible for all the unnecessary plastic objects in the world, and since people eventually figure out that their plastic objects are unnecessary and throw them out, you are responsible for all the pollution in the world, including the pollution from micro plastics in the oceans which comes from the manufacture and disposal of unnecessary plastic objects, and since Bart is Dutch, and he supports China, all Dutch people are responsible too, and since the Netherlands is in the EU, and on and on, and on..., until he changes the subject to Brexit, because now that he mentions the EU, well the subject naturally follows. And since Trump has unnecessary plastic objects and throws some of them out, but lies and says he doesn’t, he is not responsible for any of this, and since he is not responsible and you are, you hate him because he is better than you. And so you ask Alan if he has any unnecessary plastic objects, and he says he is not going to do your research for you. Did I mention that fish absorb the micro plastics, and seals eat the fish, and polar bears eat the seals and die, and that is why the polar bears are going extinct, not climate change?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:41:30 am by faberryman »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2994 on: October 25, 2020, 08:05:06 am »

Actually the virus infecting America did not come from China.  It's genetic origin is Italian!

This is like saying milk comes from the grocery store, not a cow. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2995 on: October 25, 2020, 08:21:54 am »

Does it really matter where on the planet the virus jumped from something else to humans? They all start somewhere and they spread quickly, surely that's the important overriding lesson, isn't it. The borders drawn on maps only matter to humans, other life forms don't give a damn. But hey, if you want to keep blaming the Chinese, commie libtards, Hilary or Satan, go nuts if it makes you feel better.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2996 on: October 25, 2020, 08:35:47 am »

Mama mia!  And I thought pizza came from Italy. Pretty soon people will claim pasta came from China. What a crazy world.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2997 on: October 25, 2020, 08:43:52 am »

Does it really matter where on the planet the virus jumped from something else to humans? They all start somewhere and they spread quickly, surely that's the important overriding lesson, isn't it. The borders drawn on maps only matter to humans, other life forms don't give a damn. But hey, if you want to keep blaming the Chinese, commie libtards, Hilary or Satan, go nuts if it makes you feel better.
It didn't happen naturally.  It was created in a Chinese lab.  The real question is why were the working on it?  Who did they intend to use it on and when and under what circumstances?  The fact is, the whole world has suffered while their economy continues to grow.  Is that a coincidence, good medicine or by active planning?  Is your Canada going to stop China's design for the world and their plans to control it?  After the US election, common sense and reality hopefully will return.  TDS is making people blind.

faberryman

« Reply #2998 on: October 25, 2020, 08:47:42 am »

Does it really matter where on the planet the virus jumped from something else to humans?

Well, it's got to be somebody's fault. It couldn't just happen.

Edit: I am clairvoyant. I was typing my response at the same time as Alan, but he pressed Enter first.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:51:34 am by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #2999 on: October 25, 2020, 08:49:49 am »

It didn't happen naturally.  It was created in a Chinese lab.

Now I have to go over to Costco and get some more computer screen wipes. And coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 194   Go Up