Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110526 times)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #1760 on: September 28, 2020, 09:15:04 pm »

That's why I just keep posting videos of people being shot out of a cannon (don't have spell check).  The sad part is I don't think this site would last without this discussion.  We might as well argue over religion.  The sad part is we all want the same thing but have vastly different experiences.  But I guess that is what being intelligent is all about.  At this point I hate you all!  Spineless.  Spiritually Bankrupt.  Conditioned to be Robuts. 

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #1761 on: September 28, 2020, 11:38:45 pm »

Well Alan the IRS has been looking at him for years.  Still waiting to see what they have on him or not  Why is it taking so long? 

I am sure that the fact that Trump is President has nothing to do with that. He would never try to use his position for his own advantage...

Last I looked the tax laws in the US are not written by the President, but rather by Congress.  If you don't like the tax laws, lobby Congress change them.  Don't get pissed that someone uses the tax laws to save a buck.  Why I imagine even you do that, don't you Alan?  I know I do.  After all it seems like an American Tradition.

Certainly, why would a President want to act ethically and as an example for Americans?

Why on earth should a billionaire pay taxes?

Cheers,
Bernard

faberryman

« Reply #1762 on: September 29, 2020, 01:03:18 am »

Let us remember that Trump has said on national television that the allegations contained in the NYT story regarding his federal income taxes are not true, that they are fake news. Are they?

At this point, I am more interested in whether he is lying or telling the truth.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 01:19:00 am by faberryman »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #1763 on: September 29, 2020, 02:57:25 am »

Let us remember that Trump has said on national television that the allegations contained in the NYT story regarding his federal income taxes are not true, that they are fake news. Are they?

At this point, I am more interested in whether he is lying or telling the truth.

Who is to blame for nobody believe anything he says?

Cheers,
Bernard

TechTalk

« Reply #1764 on: September 29, 2020, 03:29:40 am »

Non-Partisan Watchdog Accuses Trump Campaign Of ‘Laundering’ $170 Million

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/09/28/non-partisan-watchdog-accuses-trump-campaign-of-laundering-170-million

TOPLINE The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan campaign finance watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Tuesday accusing the Trump campaign of “laundering” $170 million through numerous companies, some with connections to former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale.

KEY FACTS

• “The Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee disguised nearly $170 million of campaign spending by laundering the funds through firms,” the complaint claims.

• It adds that the firms are “headed by Trump’s recent campaign manager, Brad Parscale, and/or created by Trump campaign lawyers.”

• The complaint alleges that the Trump campaign paid millions of dollars to campaign-connected vendors without reporting those payments to the FEC, specifically homing in on American Made Media Consultants (AMMC), a firm created by Parscale, which has been paid over $106 million, making it the campaigns largest vendor.

CRUCIAL QUOTE

By failing to report payments to the campaign’s true vendors and employees, the Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee have violated, and continue to violate, federal law’s transparency requirements,” the complaint asserts, adding that such activities “undermine the vital public information role that reporting is intended to serve.”

KEY BACKGROUND

Parscale was named as Trump’s campaign manager in February 2018 but was replaced in that role by Bill Stepien earlier this month. Parscale’s firms have long been the object of media scrutiny for receiving large sums from the Trump campaign and for Parscale maintaining a lavish lifestyle well beyond the means of most presidential campaign managers.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #1765 on: September 29, 2020, 04:35:44 am »

We need these guys more than ever.  [link deleted]  Where is the love?

I've told you and others before: don't post links without explaining what they are.

Jeremy

faberryman

« Reply #1766 on: September 29, 2020, 07:16:32 am »

Trump always surrounds himself with the best people.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #1767 on: September 29, 2020, 08:16:13 am »

Non-Partisan Watchdog Accuses Trump Campaign Of ‘Laundering’ $170 Million

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/09/28/non-partisan-watchdog-accuses-trump-campaign-of-laundering-170-million

TOPLINE The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan campaign finance watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Tuesday accusing the Trump campaign of “laundering” $170 million through numerous companies, some with connections to former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale.

KEY FACTS

• “The Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee disguised nearly $170 million of campaign spending by laundering the funds through firms,” the complaint claims.

• It adds that the firms are “headed by Trump’s recent campaign manager, Brad Parscale, and/or created by Trump campaign lawyers.”

• The complaint alleges that the Trump campaign paid millions of dollars to campaign-connected vendors without reporting those payments to the FEC, specifically homing in on American Made Media Consultants (AMMC), a firm created by Parscale, which has been paid over $106 million, making it the campaigns largest vendor.

CRUCIAL QUOTE

By failing to report payments to the campaign’s true vendors and employees, the Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee have violated, and continue to violate, federal law’s transparency requirements,” the complaint asserts, adding that such activities “undermine the vital public information role that reporting is intended to serve.”

KEY BACKGROUND

Parscale was named as Trump’s campaign manager in February 2018 but was replaced in that role by Bill Stepien earlier this month. Parscale’s firms have long been the object of media scrutiny for receiving large sums from the Trump campaign and for Parscale maintaining a lavish lifestyle well beyond the means of most presidential campaign managers.

Another never trumper throwing dirt. What great timing!
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #1768 on: September 29, 2020, 08:40:00 am »

In the interest of fairness :) and to make sure allegations represent both sides....

https://thetexan.news/biden-campaign-operative-texas-state-senator-accused-of-mail-in-ballot-fraud/

Biden Campaign Operative, Texas State Senator Accused of Mail-in Ballot Fraud

Witnesses allege Texas Sen. Boris Miles and Harris County Commissioner Rodney Ellis were orchestrating a ballot harvesting scheme with help from Biden campaign official Dallas Jones.
New affidavits filed with the Supreme Court of Texas (SCOTX) Monday allege a coordinated ballot harvesting operation in Harris County.

The two testimonials specifically name state Senator Boris Miles (D-Houston) and Harris County Commissioner Rodney Ellis (D-Pct. 1) as leaders of an election fraud scheme that involves stealing absentee ballots from nursing homes and forging voter signatures.

Another individual named is Dallas Jones, a political operative overseeing Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s Harris County operation.
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #1769 on: September 29, 2020, 12:46:54 pm »

Trump campaign wants to examine Biden's ears for electronic device during debate

https://thehill.com/campaign-issues/518736-trump-campaign-wants-to-examine-bidens-ears-for-electronic-device-during

How about the guy in the audience with those flags?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1770 on: September 29, 2020, 01:01:14 pm »

I am sure that the fact that Trump is President has nothing to do with that. He would never try to use his position for his own advantage...

Certainly, why would a President want to act ethically and as an example for Americans?

Why on earth should a billionaire pay taxes?

Cheers,
Bernard

Any American who pays taxes he doesn't have to pay is a schmuck.  Who wants a schmuck for president?
Any accountant who fails to take legal tax deductions is also a schmuck and should be fired. 

By the way, Trump for four years has donated his $400,000 annual salary as president back to different government agencies such as Homeland Security to help build the wall, Surgeon General's office to help fight the opioid epidemic, and charity groups like the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse, etc.  His older brother Fred died from alcoholism. Yes, I'm back.  I guess I miss you guys.  :)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1771 on: September 29, 2020, 01:03:35 pm »

Any American who pays taxes he doesn't have to pay is a schmuck.  Who wants a schmuck for president?
Any accountant who fails to take legal tax deductions is also a schmuck and should be fired. 

By the way, Trump for four years has donated his $400,000 annual salary as president back to different government agencies such as Homeland Security to help build the wall, Surgeon General's office to help fight the opioid epidemic, and charity groups like the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse, etc.  His older brother Fred died from alcoholism. Yes, I'm back.  I guess I miss you guys.  :)

Wow, that $400,000 goes a long way. :)
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1772 on: September 29, 2020, 01:08:41 pm »

PS.  Obama kept his salary.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1773 on: September 29, 2020, 01:10:15 pm »

Wow, that $400,000 goes a long way. :)
You're right.  For a very rich billionaire businessman like Trump, it's chump change.  But still.  It shows he has a heart. 

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1774 on: September 29, 2020, 01:11:10 pm »

PS.  Obama kept his salary.

I'm appalled.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1775 on: September 29, 2020, 01:13:49 pm »

I'm appalled.
Obama needed it.  Unlike business titan Trump, he was a community organizer.

John Camp

« Reply #1776 on: September 29, 2020, 01:19:31 pm »

Obama needed it.  Unlike business titan Trump, he was a community organizer.

Makes me laugh.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1777 on: September 29, 2020, 01:44:57 pm »

Makes me laugh.
Thanks for biting.

You can't have it both ways.  If he isn't a business titan like you claim, and is always losing money at business, then you cannot complain about him applying legal business losses and real-estate write-offs from his taxes. 

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1778 on: September 29, 2020, 01:46:25 pm »

Not at all.  Mr Talk has surmised that Trump could be guilty of Fraud.  I asked for examples of Trump being convicted of Fraud.  Mr  Talk could only provide innuendo, as in Trump might or could be convicted of fraud ( never mind he had yet to be charged with Fraud) someday after he leaves office.
Yes, 'most' of his US tax returns are probably OK given how bad our tax code is in terms of allowing special preferences for real estate holdings.  The one area that he is likely sweating is the $70 million special refund he claimed back in 2009.  this is the one that is still unresolved and according to the reports still with the Joint Committee on Taxation.  We don't know whether the IRS has made a ruling on this or not.  Don't you find it interesting that after 10 years, this case has not been resolved?  He has two major problems coming up.  the first is the repayment of the $400 million in debt he owes. It is not likely that he will be able to refinance that debt.  American banks long ago quit doing business with him.  He was bailed out by a special group at Deutsche Bank that works with high wealth individuals after the commercial group turned down his original loan request.  Senior management at the bank did not know he was extended credit.  I doubt he can go back to that well.  He has already sold almost all the marketable securities in his account to cover debt three years ago.  The only way out for him to cover the $400 million is through asset sales and most of those are now devalued as they are unprofitable. 

The second area he is at risk is in New York state where there is documented inflation of property values for the purposes of securing loans and deflation of the property for the purposes of local taxation.  This of course is fraud in most jurisdictions.  He is also running a risk with the mansion outside of New York that was used as a residence for the family but claimed to be an investment property. If it is a residence they can only get a $10K property tax deduction.  By claiming it is an investment property they get to deduct the full amount.  this is the subject of the subpoena Eric Trump has to address shortly.

My complaint is that he campaigned in 2016 on fixing the tax code and making sure everyone paid a fair share.  He did nothing of the kind.

If you like him as an unconventional politician as some on this forum do, that is fine.  If you don't believe that he is a grifter, you are quite wrong.

faberryman

« Reply #1779 on: September 29, 2020, 02:01:45 pm »

Apparently, in New York, you can only be committed for 60 days. Then they have to let you out. Which explains why Rudy Giuliana popped up out of nowhere this morning on Fox & Friends to share his thoughts about Biden and tonight's debate. It is a pretty hilarious read.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-and-friends-hosts-look-on-in-horror-as-rudy-giuliani-blurts-out-biden-dementia-conspiracy-theory
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 02:37:21 pm by faberryman »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 194   Go Up