Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 208708 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #4880 on: May 22, 2020, 06:44:02 pm »

Where?  We may take a road trip. 

Thinking about going to Cleveland to visit Great Lakes Brweing and Mitchell’s ice cream.

Cleveland?  The mistake by the lake.  LOL!
Craig Lamson Photo

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4881 on: May 22, 2020, 06:45:25 pm »

Cleveland?  The mistake by the lake.  LOL!

Hahahaha.

Have you ever been to Mitchell's Creamery?  It's worth the visit ... just for the architecture.  Ice cream is outstanding BTW. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4882 on: May 22, 2020, 06:46:29 pm »

He's playing the race card like all Democrats and taking the black voter for granted that they'll automatically vote for him.  We all know that's the way democrats think and operate.  But they're not suppose to admit it.  "Plugs" Biden just did.  Dummy.

AKA, we all knows Dems are racist who judge minorities if they dont vote Dem. 

Joe Biden expresses regret over 'you ain't black' comments: ‘I shouldn't have been so cavalier'

"Hey, I'm racist, but please dont judge me just because I said so," Biden.   
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:08:41 pm by JoeKitchen »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #4883 on: May 22, 2020, 06:57:26 pm »

Hahahaha.

Have you ever been to Mitchell's Creamery?  It's worth the visit ... just for the architecture.  Ice cream is outstanding BTW.

No, I’ve not.  My Dad lived in Medina for a time with my step brother.  We made some trips ups tomcCleveland but not the creamery.  Way back when when I was shooting motor sports, I did the Indy Car ( then CART)  at Burke Lakefront Airport.

And of course there is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  You might be too young for that one 😎

Will the amusement parks be open?  Cedar Point is not that far from Cleveland and if you like killer coasters of all kinds it’s the place to go.
Craig Lamson Photo

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4884 on: May 22, 2020, 07:13:12 pm »

How many here sound! 

Florida Ruled To Be In Violation Of Science For Not Having More People Die

“We had good Science telling us Florida should have seen massive deaths,” said far right-wing conservative Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin. “And now Florida is undermining our trust in Science by not dying. We cannot tolerate this. More Floridians need to die. To die for Science.”
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:28:33 am by JoeKitchen »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4885 on: May 22, 2020, 07:51:32 pm »

Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause ‘irreparable damage’

Stay-at-home orders intended to curb the spread of the coronavirus could end up causing “irreparable damage” if imposed for too long, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNBC on Friday.

“I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go,” Fauci said during an interview with CNBC’s Meg Tirrell on “Halftime Report.”

He said the U.S. had to institute severe measures because Covid-19 cases were exploding then. “But now is the time, depending upon where you are and what your situation is, to begin to seriously look at reopening the economy, reopening the country to try to get back to some degree of normal.”

However, Fauci also cautioned states against reducing social distancing measures too quickly, adding they must take “very significant precautions.”

“In general, I think most of the country is doing it in a prudent way,” he said. “There are obviously some situations where people might be jumping over that. I just say please proceed with caution if you’re going to do that.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/22/dr-anthony-fauci-says-staying-closed-for-too-long-could-cause-irreparable-damage.html

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #4886 on: May 22, 2020, 09:19:43 pm »

Re-opening the businesses, schools, beaches and parks should be done now.
As well, as continuing to maintain a safe distance from other people and wearing a mask where appropriate.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4887 on: May 22, 2020, 09:21:24 pm »

Re-opening the businesses, schools, beaches and parks should be done now.
As well, as continuing to maintain a safe distance from other people and wearing a mask where appropriate.
Les, Canoeing is all that counts.  Tell the truth.  :)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #4888 on: May 22, 2020, 09:36:23 pm »

Honestly, this is a monumental waste of my time.

But oh, so entertaining.  We should rename this thread as "The Twistie Turnie Boys".
It's just amazing fun to watch the gyrations the trumpies will perform in order to excuse their... uh... I dunno... "boy".

Peter McLennan

« Reply #4889 on: May 22, 2020, 09:39:49 pm »

Not sure how this plays out in the end but you better get what you can, while you can.

Yup.  Cuz that's the American Way.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4890 on: May 22, 2020, 09:47:34 pm »

I have to wonder what the commercial real estate will do in the coming months and years and how it might effect folks like you.  Just read that lease payments from a whole bunch of firms, large and small have beeen missed in the last two months in NYC.  Many firms in no cash danger are simply taking a holiday on payments thinking they may dump the big office space and go with the work at home model going forward with a much smaller space for client facing needs..  Same thing is happening in residential.   Not sure how this plays out in the end but you better get what you can, while you can.
The economy isn't going to turn out well. "Money doesn't grow on trees."

Craig Lamson

« Reply #4891 on: May 22, 2020, 09:51:51 pm »

So someone heard something from another person that saw something on Facebook that they took I the drug and didn't die. Good to know...you lining up at your doctor's office to get a prescription. After all if the Commander idiot takes it...it must be great.

So no real evidence...just like I though...full of it.

So, let’s review.  Alan G posts an analysis that chez wrongly claims is a trial.  Imagine that , chez the propaganda master does it again.

The Analysis, shows that old people with heart problems, obesity, hbp and other conditions hive a higher rate of death while hospitalized with Covid when taking the Drug(s) than those with less serious conditions that aren’t taking the drug.  Well. That’s quite the bombshell.  But even the Analysis says that they can’t be sure what other things might have caused the deaths, besides the drug(s).  What they do tell us is that the drug can cause death from heart problems, which has been known for years.  And the kicker is in this analysis they can’t say for certain the drug is not beneficial.  Let’s go to the tape...

“We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19.“

So let’s review.  The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.   Older, slicker people who were taking the  drug died more often than younger less sick People and mostly from heart problems already to be known to be an issue with this drug.  The upshot, these people were not good candidates for the drug, but perhaps with the limited treatment options it was worth the gamble. 

Now our chez, the raging Trump hater says , screw giving these people the chance to try and live even if it fails because ORANGE MAN BAD. 

But it gets better.  Chez says people all over the world taking this drug are just Trump sheeple.  That’s right Amy Klobuchar‘s husband is a Trump sheeple. 

Right now no treatment exists for Covid 19.  No trials have indicated Hydroxychloroquine is not effective, or is effective.  Various studies show differing results.  So our resident raging Trump hater says screw you to those who are just trying to live.  What a guy, all because he hates Trump. 

It must be too many “cold ones”.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #4892 on: May 22, 2020, 09:56:56 pm »

But oh, so entertaining.  We should rename this thread as "The Twistie Turnie Boys".
It's just amazing fun to watch the gyrations the trumpies will perform in order to excuse their... uh... I dunno... "boy".

Not near as mush fun as watching the “ EggHeads” spew their leftist garbage trying in vain to prove Orange Man Bad.  It must really suck for them to carry around so much hate.
Craig Lamson Photo

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4893 on: May 22, 2020, 10:03:52 pm »

Reminds me of actor Steve McQueen's fight with mesothelioma cancer and Laetrile.
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/15/health/mcqueens-legacy-of-laetrile.html

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #4894 on: May 22, 2020, 10:55:24 pm »

Les, Canoeing is all that counts.  Tell the truth.  :)

Yes, Alan. Preferably solo. I've seen some marriages fall apart when they started to paddle tandem canoes.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:02:36 pm by LesPalenik »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #4895 on: May 22, 2020, 10:58:58 pm »

The economy isn't going to turn out well. "Money doesn't grow on trees."
Some businesses which re-opened, started to impose extra Covid-19 fee to cover their increased costs. Well, if the Covid-19 virus won't kill them, that extra fee might.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #4896 on: May 22, 2020, 11:36:26 pm »

Some businesses which re-opened, started to impose extra Covid-19 fee to cover their increased costs. Well, if the Covid-19 virus won't kill them, that extra fee might.

I got takeout Mexican food from our Favorite place tonight.  The online menu is still the same but when I paid, prices had increased by 25%. The tables were set for 50% occupancy, and all of them were full in the rooms I could see.  A $13 meal won’t make me stay away, but I suspect we will start to see it everywhere.
Craig Lamson Photo

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #4897 on: May 23, 2020, 05:16:03 am »

So, let’s review.  Alan G posts an analysis that chez wrongly claims is a trial.  Imagine that , chez the propaganda master does it again.

The Analysis, shows that old people with heart problems, obesity, hbp and other conditions hive a higher rate of death while hospitalized with Covid when taking the Drug(s) than those with less serious conditions that aren’t taking the drug.  Well. That’s quite the bombshell.  But even the Analysis says that they can’t be sure what other things might have caused the deaths, besides the drug(s).  What they do tell us is that the drug can cause death from heart problems, which has been known for years.  And the kicker is in this analysis they can’t say for certain the drug is not beneficial.  Let’s go to the tape...

“We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19.“

So let’s review.  The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.   Older, slicker people who were taking the  drug died more often than younger less sick People and mostly from heart problems already to be known to be an issue with this drug.  The upshot, these people were not good candidates for the drug, but perhaps with the limited treatment options it was worth the gamble. 

Now our chez, the raging Trump hater says , screw giving these people the chance to try and live even if it fails because ORANGE MAN BAD. 

But it gets better.  Chez says people all over the world taking this drug are just Trump sheeple.  That’s right Amy Klobuchar‘s husband is a Trump sheeple. 

Right now no treatment exists for Covid 19.  No trials have indicated Hydroxychloroquine is not effective, or is effective.  Various studies show differing results.  So our resident raging Trump hater says screw you to those who are just trying to live.  What a guy, all because he hates Trump. 

It must be too many “cold ones”.

Is this the article you are referring to?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/hydroxychloroquine-chloroquine-linked-to-increased-risk-of-death-in-hospitalized-coronavirus-patients-study-finds

Anyway you read it the Lancet article clearly concludes that absolutely no statistical evidence exists among these 96,000 patients that the chloriquine helps in curing the covid19. It is the most robust study published till date on this drug. They conclusions are aligned with similar studies published until now in three other scientific journals.

Even Foxnews seems to agree.

You do not take a drug because of a lack of obvious proof that it will kill you. You take a drug when there is proof it’s effective.

If not why not try all the other drugs on the market?

The answer is, the only reason you are defending Chloriquine is because Trump spoke in its favor, purely based on an intuition based on thin air.

Cheers,
Bernard

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4898 on: May 23, 2020, 07:28:48 am »

So, from what I have read, the R value of this current virus is 3 or 4.  A high number, but for measles it's somewhere between 12 and 18. 

Lockdown measures have kept nearly 80 million children from receiving preventive vaccines

I have to wonder, if there is a major measles outbreak, will people reconsider how beneficial this lock down actually was?  Thankfully I got a booster shot last year. 

FYI, last year there was aa large outbreak of measles in Brooklyn and mumps at Temple University, areas I both work.  I asked my doctor if the vaccines wear off like with tetanus.  His reply was maybe; new research is showing they only last for about 25 years.  If everyone continued to have their children vaccinated, it would not be an issue, however since not, a mid-life booster is not a bad idea.  So I choose to get an MMR booster along with my tetanus shot.  Perhaps you should think about doing the same. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:22:24 am by JoeKitchen »

chez

« Reply #4899 on: May 23, 2020, 08:34:51 am »

Wait until you start flying again...you'll be hit with huge fee increases.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 400   Go Up