Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 209045 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #4800 on: May 22, 2020, 08:56:23 am »

Meanwhile, I am thinking about getting a hair cut soon.

What's keeping you from doing just that?
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4801 on: May 22, 2020, 09:00:57 am »

Maybe he died from COVID-19.
Yikes.  No.  I called the office.  They would have said something. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4802 on: May 22, 2020, 09:11:10 am »

I feel this could have been handled better. In my healthcare system they offer virtual visits on zoom or similar, if I recall they were quite cheap (with or without insurance), and I would venture to say that a competent physician can deal with a majority of the problems that he could have dealt in person, and at least direct you to ER or elsewhere if need be. The pharmacies around are open so that shouldn't be a problem.
Yes, thanks for your comment. I've been getting notices from all my medical suppliers about calling in for web appointments and "examinations".  In fact, my internist's staff called me back yesterday and told me she was going to call in the renewal prescription.  Meanwhile, she asked to setup a virtual medical visit that's coming off this morning when my doctor will call me back.  I know he's going to want me to get a blood test which I really don't want to do.  I really don't want to go to the Quest lab for that and expose myself. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4803 on: May 22, 2020, 09:11:31 am »

What's keeping you from doing just that?

Actually, purely by happenstance, I got a hair cut right before this all happened, and I usually go 3 months between trimming. 

I don't mind having long hair either; I am neither going bald nor have a receding hair line, so it does not look weird.  Pus, I have been thinking about growing my hair out again.  It use to be past my shoulders when I was younger. 

Last, my wife and I have an unwritten agreement, I will not grow my hair out if she does not get bangs.  She is thinking about getting bangs, so screw the agreement. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4804 on: May 22, 2020, 09:18:31 am »

Today, I called two dentists, and in both cases, I got recorded greeting "Sorry, we are closed as of March 14, and should reopen by April 13". They didn't even update the recording, no indication how much longer it will last. Lot of receptionists, dental technicians, dentists and surgeons are out of work now. And they can't even take that safari trip or cruise now. Same for physiotherapy and all kinds of other medical offices.
These are challenging times if you're sick or just for regular appointments.  Do they have hospital/doctor visits by web in Canada?  Here's the web page for NY Presbyterian where my cardiologist is located and where I had my heart surgery.  Fortunately, I haven;t had to use their services since Covid.  But it seems they're working on alternative methods. https://www.nyp.org/medicalgroups/queens?utm_source=alterian&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=regional_NYPMG-Q&utm_content=coronavirus-202005

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4805 on: May 22, 2020, 09:22:19 am »

Today, I called two dentists, and in both cases, I got recorded greeting "Sorry, we are closed as of March 14, and should reopen by April 13". They didn't even update the recording, no indication how much longer it will last. Lot of receptionists, dental technicians, dentists and surgeons are out of work now. And they can't even take that safari trip or cruise now. Same for physiotherapy and all kinds of other medical offices.
Do you have a "clearing house" telephone number for your area?  In my town, there's one that keeps track of local facilities that are open including doctors and dentists.

Rob C

« Reply #4806 on: May 22, 2020, 09:28:22 am »

Actually, purely by happenstance, I got a hair cut right before this all happened, and I usually go 3 months between trimming. 

I don't mind having long hair either; I am neither going bald nor have a receding hair line, so it does not look weird.  Pus, I have been thinking about growing my hair out again.  It use to be past my shoulders when I was younger. 

Last, my wife and I have an unwritten agreement, I will not grow my hair out if she does not get bangs.  She is thinking about getting bangs, so screw the agreement.

If I had hair today I'd grow it again; what I have left hangs like a rat's tail behind me where I can't see it. I don't get it cut because I used to cut my wife's hair and she mine. Can't stand the thought of some guy doing that to me and, worse, getting rich for so little effort!

:-)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4807 on: May 22, 2020, 09:35:26 am »

You'll look like two hippies.  :)

armand

• Photos
« Reply #4808 on: May 22, 2020, 09:49:02 am »

Are you sure, or is it that the Dunning Kruger effect showing it's head?  Perhaps God Complex? 

By the way, you were one of the many saying FL was going to hell, just wait two weeks, all it would take is two weeks.  You have no credibility anymore on C-19.  With treating your patients, I'll give you that, since I have no knowledge of your services.  But you, like many others, have made repeated predictions that have not come true. 

Your opinion is now meaningless.  You have proven yourself to be an untrustworthy source on C-19 conditions what may or may not happen.

Keep lying jerk! I called you several times out in the open and crickets when you had to reply.
Prove that I said that, with my posts. It’s not the first time when you state something about me and when I ask you to prove it it goes into silence.
You catch words and sentences that fit with what you want to hear and then parrot them them here without understanding what you say. I lost interest correcting you on most but actual factual things, the most recent being the N95s where you didn’t know what you were talking.
As for my predictions on Covid-19, I made very few, you are confusing me.

Dunning-Kruger and God complex? I told you not to use words and concepts that you don’t really understand, you need to make it harder to catch you with your pants on fire. Better than most can simply be interpreted as better than 51% of the critical care providers, and I have hard numbers that I am significantly above that threshold. Then again, that it’s not the discussion here.

And, as an example of how you throw out concepts without understanding them just to look smarter, what are your "converse, inverse and contrapositive" interpretations of this statement "but no more wisdom than you and I"? Remember that you spent a couple of pages on this subject until your bluff was called.

It would be much easier to come as you are instead as somebody different, but I guess this time spend on some Google searches made you think you know so much more now.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4809 on: May 22, 2020, 09:49:45 am »

You'll look like two hippies.  :)

That beats getting infected with unknown outcome.
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #4810 on: May 22, 2020, 09:57:32 am »

Really Pieter?  This is what you are focusing on? 

What a mess.  He and his doctor made a decision about prescriptions every American in the countries does.  And this is your new battle cry.  Really, you guys need to get a life! 

This is why nobody trusts the press anymore.  Focusing on stupid stories like this.

I did see Trump saying that he was taking it, cloroquine. All scientists I have seen mention that it has no effect in preventing the illness, so... if the story is stupid, well, it is coming from Trump so...

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #4811 on: May 22, 2020, 09:59:50 am »

I dont know if we cant, just we were told in the beginning of this thing to just make our own due to shortage.

Now half of everyone with a mask is just wearing a piece of cloth.  Many companies have jumped on the bandwagon creating simple single layer cloth masks.  I doubt they are effective at all.  But since they have become the new norm, I doubt they will go away either.  People will continue wearing them instead of getting certified masks.

So there is no one over there telling people to wear the right ones? No official health authority to advise people?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4812 on: May 22, 2020, 10:08:55 am »

Keep lying jerk! I called you several times out in the open and crickets when you had to reply.
Prove that I said that, with my posts. It’s not the first time when you state something about me and when I ask you to prove it it goes into silence.
You catch words and sentences that fit with what you want to hear and then parrot them them here without understanding what you say. I lost interest correcting you on most but actual factual things, the most recent being the N95s where you didn’t know what you were talking.
As for my predictions on Covid-19, I made very few, you are confusing me.

Dunning-Kruger and God complex? I told you not to use words and concepts that you don’t really understand, you need to make it harder to catch you with your pants on fire. Better than most can simply be interpreted as better than 51% of the critical care providers, and I have hard numbers that I am significantly above that threshold. Then again, that it’s not the discussion here.

And, as an example of how you throw out concepts without understanding them just to look smarter, what are your "converse, inverse and contrapositive" interpretations of this statement "but no more wisdom than you and I"? Remember that you spent a couple of pages on this subject until your bluff was called.

It would be much easier to come as you are instead as somebody different, but I guess this time spend on some Google searches made you think you know so much more now.

I'll admit that the converse thing was just me playing with you, which is so easy btw.  It's like I dont even need to try. 

But anyway, on C-19 predictions, everything you said did not happen. 

You said the healthcare system would get hit hard with this, yet you were still able to stay on vacation and are obviously not working overtime since you're posting here.  News stories show this is actually having a negative effect on the industry with massive layoffs.  You, and others, insisted opening would lead to an uptick in deaths, just wait two weeks.  We did, and then waited two more, and two more, and two more and still nada.  It is supposedly a serious disease, but about a 1/3 of people get no symptoms whereas the majority of those who do get only very mild symptoms. 

You have no credibility left when it comes to making predictions on C-19.  On treating it, yes, but talking about what will happen or what mitigates the deaths, nothing left. 

I am not longer giving into yours, or anyone else's, doom and gloom. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 10:18:48 am by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4813 on: May 22, 2020, 10:10:13 am »

So there is no one over there telling people to wear the right ones? No official health authority to advise people?

There is not.  I have not seen any news stories or conferences on either the national or local level. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4814 on: May 22, 2020, 10:12:23 am »

That beats getting infected with unknown outcome.

But the outcome is known, for me, it being a big nothing burger. 

And the chances of it not is the same as the flu.  So, I dont just care about it anymore. 

0.07% infection fatality rate for those under 50.  That's a nothing burger.  Not to mention you need to catch it first for that to even be relevant.  What are the chances of catching it? 

Only like 5% of the population has had.  0.0007 times 0.05 is 0.000035, or 0.0035% of dying by C-19 by going outside as it stands right now. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 10:16:12 am by JoeKitchen »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4815 on: May 22, 2020, 10:15:08 am »

There's so much crap on the web, how do you believe anything?  It's like the posts in this thread.  :)

faberryman

« Reply #4816 on: May 22, 2020, 10:17:24 am »

There is not.  I have not seen any news stories or conferences on either the national or local level.
Here is the link to the CDC webpage on masks. They recommend cloth face masks and give instructions on how to make them. The CDC says surgical face masks and N95s are in short supply and should be reserved for healthcare workers.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4817 on: May 22, 2020, 10:20:02 am »

Here is the link to the CDC webpage on masks. They recommend cloth face masks and give instructions on how to make them. The CDC says surgical face masks and N95s are in short supply and should be reserved for healthcare workers.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

Welp, there you go.  Proof no one is telling us to use certified masks and that it is okay to make your own. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4818 on: May 22, 2020, 10:21:03 am »

The American CDC is recommending regular cloth.  Two cotton pieces to make up the mask.  Paulo, how does that comply with Portugal's "approval" requirement?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4819 on: May 22, 2020, 10:21:35 am »

Meanwhile, I am now scheduling a multi-day shoot of a 1,000,000 sqf facility in NYC proper for next month. 

Have fun staying inside. 
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 400   Go Up