I don't know. If their country gains herd immunity so there is no secondary wave next year, while the rest of the world goes through a repeat and another shutdown and more deaths, then their approach might be better. Time will tell.
Sweden is trying to do targeted isolation. One of the 2 options I mentioned in an earlier post.
Whatever the selected approach, the key was to realize early how critical the pandemic is and to deploy the chosen measure timely.
If there is one key difference btwn what is referred to in that article misleadingly as Trump approach (a lockdown) and Sweden’s approach (targeted isolation) it’s that Trump reacted way too late.
I call the wording misleading because:
- Trump was a follower in terms of lock down
- The US is in partial lock down only
Speaking of Sweden, they have completely stopped the usage of Trump’s magical drug, the choloroquine. Because there is no clinical proof it helps while several people have died of heart failure due to it’s usage in the past days.
Regards,
Bernard