Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid 19 Updates Part 2  (Read 30283 times)

hogloff

Re: Covid 19 Updates Part 2
« Reply #560 on: April 02, 2020, 05:26:31 pm »

LOL Bernard, singing the same old song.  It's all Trump's fault.  Do you ever get any new material? 

Fact is, everyone was caught by surprise by this, every single person with the exception of (in my country) Tom Cotton and the governor of CT.  Tom Cotton, a republican, actually held a Senate meeting on the virus and its potential effect in the beginning of January and only republicans showed up, albeit not all of them.  All the dems accused him of trying to divert attention away from impeachment. 

But even outside the USA, there is not one country in the West that foresaw this prior to Italy making it blatantly obvious. 

So there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides. 

And if this scientific data was really all over the place back in February, please send me the articles.  Vox (left wing new site), the NYTs, Washington Post and every other news media all down played this up until March.  No one was calling for any serious actions anywhere; De Blasio was telling New Yorkers to continue living their lives as normal. 

The real reason for this screw up is China. 

All western models that were developed on this virus were based on the data coming out of China, which was purposely inaccurate.  Dr. Deborah Birx even commented on this during a recent press briefing.  It was this deceiving data, from both China and WHO (which the Japanese PM just said WHO should be renamed the Chinese Health Organization) that lead many to have false models and not take it seriously enough.  I believe Birx said the data made it look more like SARs, which did not have a high transmission rate and why it was not originally taken seriously.

That's the Trump way, blame everyone else except that person staring back at you in the mirror.

"We only have a few cases"

"We got it under control"

"It will go away like the regular flu"

"We'll be done by Easter"

Not exact words...but you get the drift. And the beat goes on.

"It will be a great victory if only 100,000 people die"

How the hell can anyone defend this bozo?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #561 on: April 02, 2020, 05:29:40 pm »

That's the Trump way, blame everyone else except that person staring back at you in the mirror.

"We only have a few cases"

"We got it under control"

"It will go away like the regular flu"

"We'll be done by Easter"

Not exact words...but you get the drift. And the beat goes on.

"It will be a great victory if only 100,000 people die"

How the hell can anyone defend this bozo?

Just keep on pushing that narrative man and ignore the fact that no one actually prepared for this.  Not a single government in the West took this seriously until Italy happened.  Some got lucky; some countries are so far north it gets dark at 2:30 PM in the winter and no one wants to travel there because of it.  But that does not mean they took any more seriously. 

You can say that Trump handled this poorly, but the fact is, considering how the Dems were talking about this back in January and February, they would have screwed the pooch just as bad.  Since the House is a co-equal branch, you can argue they are just as much at fault. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:32:44 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

hogloff

« Reply #562 on: April 02, 2020, 05:44:32 pm »

Just keep on pushing that narrative man and ignore the fact that no one actually prepared for this.  Not a single government in the West took this seriously until Italy happened.  Some got lucky; some countries are so far north it gets dark at 2:30 PM in the winter and no one wants to travel there because of it.  But that does not mean they took any more seriously. 

You can say that Trump handled this poorly, but the fact is, considering how the Dems were talking about this back in January and February, they would have screwed the pooch just as bad.  Since the House is a co-equal branch, you can argue they are just as much at fault.

There were news conferences where medical experts came on right after Trump and corrected his fabrications. I saw those conferences live...nothing to do with your instance about fake news.

It's such BS that Trump did not know anything about this virus back in February. He had all his medical experts providing every piece of information he needed to make the right decision...but instead he came onto nation TV and played down the virus as if it was the common cold. South Korea was under major attack in February and took action...was Trump busy watching the three stooges on TV rather than taking notice of what was happening.

There is zero excuse for this major blunder that will cause many thousands of deaths that could have been prevented if there was someone with intelligence at the head of the helm.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #563 on: April 02, 2020, 05:47:28 pm »

There were news conferences where medical experts came on right after Trump and corrected his fabrications. I saw those conferences live...nothing to do with your instance about fake news.

It's such BS that Trump did not know anything about this virus back in February. He had all his medical experts providing every piece of information he needed to make the right decision...but instead he came onto nation TV and played down the virus as if it was the common cold. South Korea was under major attack in February and took action...was Trump busy watching the three stooges on TV rather than taking notice of what was happening.

There is zero excuse for this major blunder that will cause many thousands of deaths that could have been prevented if there was someone with intelligence at the head of the helm.

Everyone down played the virus too. 

If you disagree, please post one article from any news organization pre-March where anyone in power was suggesting we take it as serious as we are right now.  Please provide me one article on some politician back in February was calling for a national shut down of the economy and other measures we have put in place since Italy. 

Just one.  Give me one politician who took this seriously in February and was calling for major action like we have taken. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:50:40 pm by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #564 on: April 02, 2020, 06:21:20 pm »

The more and more I listen to these pressers, the more and more it becomes clear that everyone in government is expecting this dying down in the summer and the coming back next winter. 

The FEMA guy is talking about getting more ventilators manufactured hopefully by June.  Going by all of the curves being used by every politician, which all end in October, having additional equipment delivered in June would do us nothing unless they are expecting a 2nd wave next winter.

I wish some one, anyone, would actually tell us this and, likewise, I wish reporters would ask the questions needed to get this information instead of the gotcha questions that have become so common from CNN and NBC. 

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #565 on: April 02, 2020, 06:22:33 pm »

Joe,

I fail to understand why an intelligent person like yourself is trying that hard to not face the obvious reality not to attempt to grasp the bigger picture.

I am genuinely trying to help you step out of the little box you keep yourself prisoner of.

Cheers,
Bernard

JoeKitchen

« Reply #566 on: April 02, 2020, 06:27:17 pm »

Joe,

I fail to understand why an intelligent person like yourself is trying that hard to not face the obvious reality not to attempt to grasp the bigger picture.

I am genuinely trying to help you step out of the little box you keep yourself prisoner of.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard, really?  ???

You only pay attention to Trump's failures, in hindsight only, while acting as if everyone else did the right thing.  This is just not the case, in the West at least.  Every single western country did nothing to prepare for this.  No one was able to foresee this before Italy. 

Like I said, give me one article that quotes one USA politician, on either side, that talks with the brevity that we are talking about this now but pre-Italy.  Just give me one, and I'll admit you are right and I am wrong. 

Just one USA politician back in February that was calling for actions up to the intensity of what we are doing now. 

If you're so correct, this is an easy win for you. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 06:37:00 pm by JoeKitchen »

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #567 on: April 02, 2020, 06:31:45 pm »

Joe,

Cheers,
Bernard

Sorry Bernard but it appears the prisoner in the little box is you....again.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 06:47:51 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #568 on: April 02, 2020, 06:39:16 pm »

Story Bernard but it appears the prisoner in the little box is you....again.

what story are you talking about? Can you clarify?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #569 on: April 02, 2020, 06:41:59 pm »

I think he meant sorry. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #570 on: April 02, 2020, 06:43:32 pm »

The more and more I listen to these pressers, the more and more it becomes clear that everyone in government is expecting this dying down in the summer and the coming back next winter. 

The FEMA guy is talking about getting more ventilators manufactured hopefully by June.  Going by all of the curves being used by every politician, which all end in October, having additional equipment delivered in June would do us nothing unless they are expecting a 2nd wave next winter.

I wish some one, anyone, would actually tell us this and, likewise, I wish reporters would ask the questions needed to get this information instead of the gotcha questions that have become so common from CNN and NBC.

Everyone down played the virus too. 

Most governments, especially in the west European countries downplayed the dangers and mishandled the crisis.
Today, France with 67 million people incurred over 1355 deaths, compared with 708 deaths in USA. Per capita, France was about 8 times worse than USA.
Global death count for the day was 5,665. The global case total was over 1 million and total deaths count 53,000.

The limiting factor is not so much the number of ventilators, as available space and personnel in the hospitals. A better strategy than hoping to get millions of ventilators is to prevent millions of infections.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #571 on: April 02, 2020, 06:47:12 pm »

Was it really a blunder?  The information from the experts was presented and nothing withheld. 

Trump attempted to paint a picture that did not panic the public.  I don’t think that’s a blunder at all.   But let’s go back to February shall we.   What else of importance was taking place in late January to early February the sucked the oxygen from the room?  Oh yea, that Democratic impeachment...the one they know would never be a winner but they put the country through it anyway.  Do you think that had any effect on the early uptake by Congress and President on this?

But more important why don’t we look at the timeline of what was happening behind the scenes instead?  You think that might be instructive when it comes to the story of the US involvement?  Or is this just more Trump bashing?

Craig Lamson Photo

JoeKitchen

« Reply #572 on: April 02, 2020, 06:47:38 pm »

Most governments, especially in the west European countries downplayed the dangers and mishandled the crisis.
Today, France with 67 million people incurred over 1355 deaths, compared with 708 deaths in USA. Per capita, France was about 8 times worse than USA.
Global death count for the day was 5,665. The global case total was over 1 million and total deaths count 53,000.

The limiting factor is not so much the number of ventilators, as available space and personnel in the hospitals. A better strategy than hoping to get millions of ventilators is to prevent millions of infections.

That's not possible, without a vaccine. 

It's just not.  You cant expect the world to shut down for a year.  In a month we need to get back to work, or the economic damage will cause more damage and death then this virus. 

Craig Lamson

« Reply #573 on: April 02, 2020, 06:48:19 pm »

Sorry...for the typo of sorry.
Craig Lamson Photo

hogloff

« Reply #574 on: April 02, 2020, 06:51:39 pm »

Here's Trump's message to the nation...no wonder everything is so F'd up now. This is not leadership...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eB_xCk5ABw

The youtube video is a collection of Trumps responses and addresses regarding the Covid-19 virus.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #575 on: April 02, 2020, 06:52:16 pm »

The ventilators are not offering a lot of hope even if they are available.  Stats I read the other day said that 86% of people placed on vents died.  I think the percentage in the US was like 70%.  Don’t quote me on the exact numbers, it’s from memory but I think they are very close.  The best thing you can do is simply not put your sett in a position where you can get infected.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #576 on: April 02, 2020, 06:54:31 pm »

Here's Trump's message to the nation...no wonder everything is so F'd up now. This is not leadership...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eB_xCk5ABw

The youtube video is a collection of Trumps responses and addresses regarding the Covid-19 virus.

Yea he evolved...imagine that.   It may not be “ leadership” to you, but others think otherwise.  Best of luck electing someone else.
Craig Lamson Photo

hogloff

« Reply #577 on: April 02, 2020, 06:56:46 pm »

Was it really a blunder?  The information from the experts was presented and nothing withheld. 

Trump attempted to paint a picture that did not panic the public.  I don’t think that’s a blunder at all.   But let’s go back to February shall we.   What else of importance was taking place in late January to early February the sucked the oxygen from the room?  Oh yea, that Democratic impeachment...the one they know would never be a winner but they put the country through it anyway.  Do you think that had any effect on the early uptake by Congress and President on this?

But more important why don’t we look at the timeline of what was happening behind the scenes instead?  You think that might be instructive when it comes to the story of the US involvement?  Or is this just more Trump bashing?

You can call it feeding your people BS to keep them calm. I call it total incompetence at the top. Here in Canada we've been given the same story from day 1 from all levels of government...no baby spoon feeding...just the truth. What would you rather have from your leaders...but of feel good information or the truth? Maybe now I'm starting to understand why the US is so anti-government...they've been lied to too many time.

hogloff

« Reply #578 on: April 02, 2020, 06:58:08 pm »

That's not possible, without a vaccine. 

It's just not.  You cant expect the world to shut down for a year.  In a month we need to get back to work, or the economic damage will cause more damage and death then this virus.

It's a month now. A couple weeks ago you were saying we need to get back to work in two weeks or we'll start seeing guns come out as people are starving.

hogloff

« Reply #579 on: April 02, 2020, 07:04:11 pm »

Yea he evolved...imagine that.   It may not be “ leadership” to you, but others think otherwise.  Best of luck electing someone else.

It's that what you call it?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 60   Go Up