Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72   Go Down

Author Topic: COVID-19 updates  (Read 82850 times)

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2020, 06:54:01 pm »

I think I'll just stay in boring Canada where all the upheaval is about Timmy's closing down the sit down part and only keeping the drive through open.

You think Canada will be safe in a SHTF situation?  Are you willing to bet your life on it?
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2020, 06:56:45 pm »

Zero to both Fox and CNN. Both are not news but entertainment and I get much more entertainment watching Gilgan Island reruns.

If you don't watch you opinion is pretty much bullsnit as well.  You should actually try to watch both.  Along with CNBC and MSNBC.    You cna learn alot about both sides of an issue, which can be quite helpful.
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2020, 07:03:49 pm »

Until you are wiping you dirty behind with your left hand...

Well, there is this message from an Oregon Police Department:

"It’s hard to believe that we even have to post this. Do not call 9-1-1 just because you ran out of toilet paper. You will survive without our assistance.
In fact, history offers many other options for you in your time of need if you cannot find a roll of your favorite soft, ultra plush two-ply citrus scented tissue.
Seamen used old rope and anchor lines soaked in salt water. Ancient Romans used a sea sponge on a stick, also soaked in salt water. We are a coastal town. We have an abundance of salt water available. Sea shells were also used.
Mayans used corn cobs.
Colonial Americans also used the core of the cob. Farmers not only used corn cobs, but used pages from the Farmers Almanac. Many Americans took advantage of the numerous pages torn from free catalogs such as Sears and Roebuck. The Sears Christmas catalog, four times thicker than the normal catalog, could get a family of three wiped clean from December through Valentine’s Day; or Saint Patrick’s Day if they were frugal.
Then, of course, there are always alternatives to toilet paper. Grocery receipts, newspaper, cloth rags, lace, cotton balls, and that empty toilet paper roll sitting on the holder right now. Plus, there are a variety of leaves you can safely use. Mother Earth News magazine will even tell you how to make your own wipes using fifteen different leaves. When all else fails, you have magazine pages. Start saving those catalogs you get in the mail that you usually toss into the recycle bin. Be resourceful. Be patient. There is a TP shortage. This too shall pass. Just don’t call 9-1-1. We cannot bring you toilet paper."

So many options. 

Does anyone else here still get the B&H catalog? 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #343 on: March 17, 2020, 07:33:36 pm »

Well, there is this message from an Oregon Police Department:


So many options. 

Does anyone else here still get the B&H catalog?

Yea,

Those options work so well in the septic system or sewer lines...just sayin :)
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

rabanito

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1587
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2020, 07:44:45 pm »

You are trying to insinuate through an undisclosed source (which they all seem to be nowadays)

Lool pal. I was just repeating information published in numerous serious papers.
I can give you lots of links and the info is treated as true. Just ask.
If you do not read German, there is the google translator to help you.
If you don't like what is in there, just go ahead and read the "tweets". There is in there probably all you need to form your opinion.

But don't come to me with suspicions of imaginary "conspiracies" against your president.
Not from me, Sir. I couldn't care less. Life is too short.
Logged

chez

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2501
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2020, 07:44:55 pm »

If you don't watch you opinion is pretty much bullsnit as well.  You should actually try to watch both.  Along with CNBC and MSNBC.    You cna learn alot about both sides of an issue, which can be quite helpful.

I'd rather watch paint dry.
Logged

chez

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2501
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #346 on: March 17, 2020, 07:47:09 pm »

You think Canada will be safe in a SHTF situation?  Are you willing to bet your life on it?

Actually those types of thoughts never cross my mind and I just enjoy life without hurding a bunch of guns and stock piling ammunition.
Logged

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #347 on: March 17, 2020, 08:10:28 pm »

I'd rather watch paint dry.

Have at it.  What a great way to be well informed.
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #348 on: March 17, 2020, 08:11:32 pm »

Actually those types of thoughts never cross my mind and I just enjoy life without hurding a bunch of guns and stock piling ammunition.

At your own peril....
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2020, 08:34:37 pm »

Yea,

Those options work so well in the septic system or sewer lines...just sayin :)

I think you rinse and repeat with the seashells. 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

LesPalenik

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5338
    • advantica blog
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #350 on: March 17, 2020, 08:35:55 pm »

I'm told that that person Trump tried to buy CureVac to get the exclusive rights for a vaccine being developed by the Germans.
They seem to have said "NO", the vaccine should be for everybody.

After the unsuccessful Greenland and CureVac purchase offers, there is a good chance that Trump's third bid may be finally accepted.
Logged

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #351 on: March 17, 2020, 08:39:09 pm »

Lool pal. I was just repeating information published in numerous serious papers.
I can give you lots of links and the info is treated as true. Just ask.
If you do not read German, there is the google translator to help you.
If you don't like what is in there, just go ahead and read the "tweets". There is in there probably all you need to form your opinion.

But don't come to me with suspicions of imaginary "conspiracies" against your president.
Not from me, Sir. I couldn't care less. Life is too short.

Okay.   :o

And if you are not trying to make something of this, why post it?  Really, what is your point here?  Like I said, I dont see anything wrong with asking this, might as well try.  But I dont think it would have anything to do with him implying that the USA should only have access to this technology. 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

LesPalenik

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5338
    • advantica blog
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #352 on: March 17, 2020, 08:40:16 pm »

Man what is the deal with toilet paper??

I can think of a million things more useful to have in a lockdown. Makes no sense.

This is just a plot by the bidet manufacturers to spur their sales.
Logged

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #353 on: March 17, 2020, 08:40:35 pm »

After the unsuccessful Greenland and CureVac purchase offers, there is a good chance that Trump's third bid may be finally accepted.

I would have taken Greenland.  Just think if Gold was found under that ice, like Alaska. 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #354 on: March 17, 2020, 08:41:01 pm »

This is just a plot by the bidet manufacturers to spur their sales.

 ;D ;D ;D
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

chez

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2501
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #355 on: March 17, 2020, 08:45:00 pm »

At your own peril....

I'd trade guns in for good scotch any day. If I'm going out...at least I'll feel good about it.

Oh...just heard the possibility of the liquor stores shutting down...time to go hoard something actually useful.
Logged

LesPalenik

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5338
    • advantica blog
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #356 on: March 17, 2020, 08:48:43 pm »

I'd trade guns in for good scotch any day. If I'm going out...at least I'll feel good about it.

Oh...just heard the possibility of the liquor stores shutting down...time to go hoard something actually useful.

That is one of the last remaining stores open. Just was informed that Indigo/Chapters books stores will be closed (initially from March 17 till March 27).
Logged

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #357 on: March 17, 2020, 08:55:46 pm »

I'd trade guns in for good scotch any day. If I'm going out...at least I'll feel good about it.

Oh...just heard the possibility of the liquor stores shutting down...time to go hoard something actually useful.

In a SHTF situation, I'd take a gun over scotch any day. 

A well aged rum though?  ???
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #358 on: March 17, 2020, 08:56:54 pm »

I think you rinse and repeat with the seashells.

Sounds like something from the movie Demolition Man
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

BJL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6600
Re: COVID-19 updates
« Reply #359 on: March 17, 2020, 09:08:04 pm »

It seems that the virus of partisan silliness has reached community status. To change the subject, I report the sad news that I just dined in a restaurant for the last time in a while—choosing an outdoor table with suitable spacing.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 72   Go Up