Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe raises price of photography plan  (Read 7906 times)

jtunney

Adobe raises price of photography plan
« on: March 27, 2019, 11:13:21 am »

The price for the photography Creative Cloud has gone up to $19.99 for new subscribers. You can get a Lightroom only plan for $9.99. Adobe announced a price increase for the full Creative Cloud and single apps in February, but didn't mention a change to the photography plan. It seems like they're trying to slip this through with little fanfare.

Lightroom is still a fair deal at $9.99 in comparison to the other offerings, but I think this is going to make new users to check out the many alternatives on the market. As someone who teaches photography and editing, I don't know if I can still recommend the Creative Cloud for serious beginners. If your primary interest is just family photography, Instagram and facebook, there are a lot of choices out there.

John
John

John Tunney Photography
www.jtunney.com
Four Seasons of Cape Cod

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Re: Adobe raises price of photography plan
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 11:30:30 am »

Are you sure? I just checked and it shows the $9.99 plan. See attached -

jtunney

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 11:55:56 am »

You have to go in with a fresh browser. If the website thinks you're a subscriber you'll see the $9.99 price. Trying clearing cahce and cookies or just download a different browser. Here's a screen shot.

John

John Tunney Photography
www.jtunney.com
Four Seasons of Cape Cod

faberryman

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 12:14:05 pm »

You have to go in with a fresh browser. If the website thinks you're a subscriber you'll see the $9.99 price. Trying clearing cahce and cookies or just download a different browser. Here's a screen shot.
Is the 1TB of storage new to the plan? I pay $9.99 and I don't think I have any storage, but maybe I do. I wouldn't use it if I did. I think Adobe appropriates rights in your images if you use its storage.

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 12:24:15 pm »

Is the 1TB of storage new to the plan? I pay $9.99 and I don't think I have any storage, but maybe I do. I wouldn't use it if I did. I think Adobe appropriates rights in your images if you use its storage.

I think the old plan had a small cloud storage, like 20GB.  It sure looks like the new plan is more expensive but with 1 TB storage.  I will be OK as long as they don't make the legacy customers to buy the new plan as well.  If they don't then it will scare folks to keep the subscription alive.  Either way they win!

faberryman

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 12:31:55 pm »

I think the old plan had a small cloud storage, like 20GB.  It sure looks like the new plan is more expensive but with 1 TB storage.  I will be OK as long as they don't make the legacy customers to buy the new plan as well.  If they don't then it will scare folks to keep the subscription alive.  Either way they win!
If they raise the price for existing customers, I will fall back to LR Classic only, and use my copy of PS CS6. I don't need the latest updates for my PS work. Something's got to give.

Doug Fisher

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 12:34:55 pm »

FWIW, I just went in an was offered the following deal on the first tab labeled for individuals (US website):

Photography
US$9.99/mo

Includes:

Lightroom
    Lightroom Classic
    Photoshop
    20GB of cloud storage

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 12:47:06 pm »

If they raise the price for existing customers, I will fall back to LR Classic only, and use my copy of PS CS6. I don't need the latest updates for my PS work. Something's got to give.

I still don't use LR  (I should "sublet" it.... :)))  So for me Photoshop is a must.  I think what they are doing is not advertise the $9.99 plan without the storage but it is still available. 

Arlen

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 12:55:32 pm »

Adobe website still shows $9.99 for the LR + PS plan with 20GB cloud storage. Even with cache cleared, or in a Chrome incognito window.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html#photography-mini-plans

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 01:50:46 pm »

The Photgraphy plan with 1TB at that price has been available for quite a long time. £120 pa is a bit steap for 1TB of storage.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 02:26:46 pm »

Adobe website still shows $9.99 for the LR + PS plan with 20GB cloud storage. Even with cache cleared, or in a Chrome incognito window.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html#photography-mini-plans
So now it appears that, it depends.....

Q: I see that the Creative Cloud Photography Plan (20GB, $9.99) is not available on Adobe.com. What is happening?

"From time to time, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items, including plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. We are currently running a number of tests in the US."

Q: Is this plan still available for purchase?

"Yes, the plan is still available for purchase from Adobe during this test. Contact support to purchase: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html";
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 02:54:26 pm »

Both Amazon and B&H Photo have the $9.99 plan, so the real lesson is don't get caught up on a changing Adobe site and assume this is the only way to buy a subscription; it's not!

http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

jtunney

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 05:11:59 pm »

So Adobe is testing some new pricing plans...and everybody's patience  :P
John

John Tunney Photography
www.jtunney.com
Four Seasons of Cape Cod

smthopr

• Bruce Alan Greene Cinematography
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 06:19:59 pm »

Adobe, if your listening... $20/month is just too much for Photoshop only!
Bruce Alan Greene
www.brucealangreene.com

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 06:44:55 pm »

The price for the photography Creative Cloud has gone up to $19.99 for new subscribers. You can get a Lightroom only plan for $9.99. Adobe announced a price increase for the full Creative Cloud and single apps in February, but didn't mention a change to the photography plan. It seems like they're trying to slip this through with little fanfare.

Lightroom is still a fair deal at $9.99 in comparison to the other offerings, but I think this is going to make new users to check out the many alternatives on the market. As someone who teaches photography and editing, I don't know if I can still recommend the Creative Cloud for serious beginners. If your primary interest is just family photography, Instagram and facebook, there are a lot of choices out there.

John

What would you recommend?

David Good

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 07:31:45 pm »

What would you recommend?

There are plenty of options, two being RawTherapee for raw conversion and Affinity Photo for pixel editing (but certainly not limited to these).

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 04:56:51 am »

If it goes to $20/month, it will be worth it (to me) to switch to Capture One and get a perpetual license, which I prefer anyway.  Guess I better start thinking about this.

If I need Photoshop, I’ll go back to CS6 perpetual.

Edit:  just went to Adobe’s site on my tablet and it still shows the Photography Plan.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 05:02:41 am by Rick Popham »

JaapD

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 07:33:23 am »

I think CaptureOne with Affinity Photo will be a valid option here.

Regards,
Jaap.

earlybird

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 11:12:54 am »

I can't find a $9.99 "Photography Plan" on my photography computer. The links provided here which are described as showing a $9.99 plan lead me to a $19.99  "Photography Plan".

On my iPhone I can find the $9.99 "Photography Plan".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:17:16 am by earlybird »

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2019, 11:39:41 am »

Is this weird or what? About a year ago (if memory serves me well) I could only find a $20 a month plan while Andrew Rodney told me the plan was still $10 a month. Somebody at Adobe better wake up!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up