Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe raises price of photography plan  (Read 7923 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Adobe raises price of photography plan
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 12:00:25 pm »

Is this weird or what? About a year ago (if memory serves me well) I could only find a $20 a month plan while Andrew Rodney told me the plan was still $10 a month. Somebody at Adobe better wake up!
Yeah, some people simply can't find the right places to buy stuff.  :o
Again, if you think the only place you can buy the bundle is on Adobe's site, you're confused (wake up) about the facts of how you can purchase the plan. Two major resellers as outlined will gladly sell the photo plan for $9.99 for the year. Today, last week and last time you looked! The facts are not really weird to those who are not fact deniers. ;)
Andrew Rodney told you it was $9.99 as it still is.....
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 12:00:09 pm »

You have to go in with a fresh browser. If the website thinks you're a subscriber you'll see the $9.99 price. Trying clearing cahce and cookies or just download a different browser. Here's a screen shot.

The basic Photography plan comes with 25GB of storage for $9.99 to increase to 1TB storage is an additional $10. This has been the pricing since it was introduced. To wit each additional TB of storage is $10.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:05:47 pm by Denis de Gannes »
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2019, 12:38:55 pm »

Yeah, some people simply can't find the right places to buy stuff.  :o
Again, if you think the only place you can buy the bundle is on Adobe's site, you're confused (wake up) about the facts of how you can purchase the plan. Two major resellers as outlined will gladly sell the photo plan for $9.99 for the year. Today, last week and last time you looked! The facts are not really weird to those who are not fact deniers. ;)
Andrew Rodney told you it was $9.99 as it still is.....

Ah, your usual self, I see.

rasworth

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2019, 01:36:07 pm »

When this thread began I was able to access adobe.com in different ways, and find instances where the $10 plan was offered and where it was not.  Now no matter how I get to adobe.com the $10 plan doesn't show up.  At this point it's apparently only available via third parties.

My speculation is the $10 plan is not far from cessation, if we want the Photoshop/Lightroom/Lightroom classic combo we will pay $20/month, with of course the added "benefit" of 1 TB of storage, whether we need it or not.  I will bitch and moan, but will pony up to stay in the game.

Richard Southworth

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2019, 01:47:39 pm »

Ah, your usual self, I see.
Pot calling kettle black.  :P

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2019, 01:48:07 pm »

When this thread began I was able to access adobe.com in different ways, and find instances where the $10 plan was offered and where it was not.  Now no matter how I get to adobe.com the $10 plan doesn't show up.  At this point it's apparently only available via third parties.

My speculation is the $10 plan is not far from cessation, if we want the Photoshop/Lightroom/Lightroom classic combo we will pay $20/month, with of course the added "benefit" of 1 TB of storage, whether we need it or not.  I will bitch and moan, but will pony up to stay in the game.

Richard Southworth

Well Richard, according to Andrew Rodney, you may be just one of those people that simply can't find the right places to shop!  ;) I have had the same experience with the Adobe website as you have.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2019, 01:51:23 pm »

Well Richard, according to Andrew Rodney, you may be just one of those people that simply can't find the right places to shop!  ;) I have had the same experience with the Adobe website as you have.
He may be; you certainly are. Did you learn now where to buy at $9.99?

rasworth

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2019, 02:10:57 pm »

Franz,

My comment was purely speculation, I don't need to find a means to purchase because I'm already subscribing at $10/mo. Andrew has stated the situation as it exists today, to his credit he has avoided any non-useful future commentary.  When the time comes I will find the right place to shop.

Who knows, perhaps Adobe will grandfather me with the $10 plan until I know longer care.  But I doubt it.  In the meantime I prefer we stick to the subject and not make  sarcastic comments aimed at other participants.

Richard Southworth

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2019, 03:26:23 am »

I have just explored (to use a rather grander word than is really merited) the Adobe UK web site.

1. Type adobe.com/uk into your browser's address bar (FWIW, I used Safari on a Mac) and hit return
2. Next to "creative cloud for:" towards the bottom of the page, click "Photographers"
3. Just underneath the image, read "Get the Creative Cloud Photography plan starting at just £9.98/mo incl. VAT" and click "Choose a plan"
4. See the "Buy now" button under "Photography" at the left-hand side.

Found in 13 typed characters (including the return key after the URL) and two mouse clicks. I didn't find that overly challenging; maybe it's trickier in the States. It's a tad more expensive over here, in part due to 20% VAT.

Jeremy

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2019, 07:10:46 am »

I have just explored (to use a rather grander word than is really merited) the Adobe UK web site.

1. Type adobe.com/uk into your browser's address bar (FWIW, I used Safari on a Mac) and hit return
2. Next to "creative cloud for:" towards the bottom of the page, click "Photographers"
3. Just underneath the image, read "Get the Creative Cloud Photography plan starting at just £9.98/mo incl. VAT" and click "Choose a plan"
4. See the "Buy now" button under "Photography" at the left-hand side.

Found in 13 typed characters (including the return key after the URL) and two mouse clicks. I didn't find that overly challenging; maybe it's trickier in the States. It's a tad more expensive over here, in part due to 20% VAT.

Jeremy
No it's no more challenging over here.  I just checked and it's still listed at $9.99 on the Adobe website.  There is a LR only version with 1 TB of cloud storage for $9.99 also listed.  I don't see a LR/PS + 1 TB cloud storage option in my pop up window.  That doesn't matter to me as I use Amazon Cloud Storage for my back ups.

rasworth

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2019, 09:50:25 am »

Yesterday (in USA) went to adobe.com via several browsers, in-private browsing so that Adobe didn't "know me", could not find a combination where the $10 plan was in place.  This morning (Sunday) the photography plan is present, at $10 with 20GB and $20 with 1TB.  Obviously either a moving target or I'm bonkers (a real possibility).

So we'll see where it all ends up.

Richard Southworth

rasworth

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2019, 10:24:41 am »

It's still a crapshoot.  I've gone to adobe.com with three different browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome), inprivate browsing or not, cleared temporary internet files or not, and I bounce back and forth between two pricing windows, one does not offer a $9.99 photograpny plan, and one does.

I haven't pinned down the exact pattern, but I believe Adobe is presenting the page based upon cookie contents, i.e. tracking.  That's it, wasted entirely too much time on this exercise, I'm through.

Richard Southworth

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2019, 10:47:55 am »

It's still a crapshoot.  I've gone to adobe.com with three different browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome), inprivate browsing or not, cleared temporary internet files or not, and I bounce back and forth between two pricing windows, one does not offer a $9.99 photograpny plan, and one does.

I haven't pinned down the exact pattern, but I believe Adobe is presenting the page based upon cookie contents, i.e. tracking.  That's it, wasted entirely too much time on this exercise, I'm through.

Richard Southworth
It's a crapshoot if you need to figure out unnecessarily, why Adobe' sites fluctuate the price. It's a waste of time if you actually want to purchase the plan; buy elsewhere.

TonyW

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2019, 12:42:45 pm »

Perhaps we are lucky in the UK ( ;)?) as Adobe web seems fairly consistent with options and pricing.  I am sure they would like us to buy into the larger storage cloud but at least for now things appear to be stable at under £10 per month as the screenshot shows.  Still, if you miss that little drop-down menu may be a default to the higher price packages?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2019, 12:51:47 pm »

Perhaps we are lucky in the UK ( ;)?) as Adobe web seems fairly consistent with options and pricing.  I am sure they would like us to buy into the larger storage cloud but at least for now things appear to be stable at under £10 per month as the screenshot shows.  Still, if you miss that little drop-down menu may be a default to the higher price packages?

No, it defaults to the base LR/PS/20 combination.

Jeremy

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2019, 01:10:19 am »

I'm from Canada and every time I read these threads I check the Adobe site and it is still $9.99 US. Apparently they do spilt testing once in a while to test the waters. When they do this a similar thread gets started at multiple sites. I can tell you if it ever doubles in price I will press the cancel plan button which is about 20 seconds away. I tested it. I do expect an increase one day. After 5 years or so the All Apps plan went up 6% which would be is about out 60 cents for the photo plan. I'd be OK with that.                     

rasworth

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2019, 10:22:38 am »

Against my better judgment, to defend my sanity, I'm posting the following two screenshots from a few minutes ago.  The first is using Edge InPrivate, and the second is Edge normal, just after clearing temporary Internet files.  I'm braced and ready for Andrew to let me know that my effort is fruitless, third parties offer the cheaper plan, and I shouldn't be concerned with Adobe website games.

Richard Southworth

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2019, 10:26:50 am »

I'm braced and ready for Andrew to let me know that my effort is fruitless, third parties offer the cheaper plan, and I shouldn't be concerned with Adobe website games.

Richard Southworth
OK, it is fruitless, third parties offer the cheaper plan, and you shouldn't be concerned with Adobe website games.  ;)

rasworth

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2019, 10:39:32 am »

Exhale!

Richard Southworth

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2019, 11:40:14 am »

The prices I paid for my PSCS6 and LR6 seem very appealing now.   ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up